Hyun.

General K-Pop/J-Pop Discussion

@Taylor

Here are my recommendations for you. I know you stan The Lord so I've selected some 1989'd songs alongside some of my personal favorites

kqVcJb9_d.jpg

#1 Wigla Girls (responsible for one of the BEST girl group albums of all time, Reboot)

#2 Sunmi, a Wonder Girls member who makes music for the art not the chart kqVcJb9_d.jpg

#3 SHINee, my faves kqVcJb9_d.jpg View is a summery, breezy, crisp house-influenced dance-pop song. Kind of reminiscent of Disclosure but more poppy. It's not my fav song (or even my fav single) by them but I've found it's a good way to get into them or K-Pop in general if you're used to Western music.

#4 One of my favorite songs from last year. Very The 1975-ish

#5 a cute bop

#6 Second to last, we have Fantasy. Literally one of my fav songs of ALL TIME, the chills I get when that chorus hits giveup1

#7 And lastly, there's MOVE by Taemin from SHINee. He serves everything that toxic masculinity will NEVER allow Western male artists to serve: spectacle, looks, homoerotica (but make it fashion!), electronic bops etc. He a PERFORMER too. Ahhh, my ****ing fave

c7298f047172f8df91263fbaef7172cf.gif

And that would be THAT on that.

(Before any ajummas get upset, I included only sings from the last couple years bc we need the audience to enjoy HD quality videos

ee8dbad218bdb01af34d6623043643e1.jpg)

Hope it's not too overwhelming, feel free to let me know ur thoughts on anything you've checked out from these! We could always use some more K-stans since this thread is kinda graveyard'd kinda like the rest of the forum

kqVcJb9_d.jpg

xoxo

20 hours ago, Robert. said:

I come to you today with a plea that is... a little more personal (raw).

Our fellow esteemed FOTP member @Jon. has started a reaction channel and his first upload is a BP reaction! Support the good sis and support the girls by giving it a stream

15b4b4db4a26791fb08ca3adf00e21d6.gif

Thx for the shameless promo bb <3 May the subsequent ones get better!

15 hours ago, Divine said:

Starting his channel off by reacting to talent. Lemme give it a watch.

Ikr! I figured that it's time for a bitch to launch a cute YouTube career and what way to start than with BLACK(TALENTED)PINK! Now I'm ready to react to other K-Pop stuff + normal Pop so stay tuned!

10 hours ago, Robert. said:

@Taylor

Here are my recommendations for you. I know you stan The Lord so I've selected some 1989'd songs alongside some of my personal favorites

kqVcJb9_d.jpg

#1 Wigla Girls (responsible for one of the BEST girl group albums of all time, Reboot)

#2 Sunmi, a Wonder Girls member who makes music for the art not the chart kqVcJb9_d.jpg

#3 SHINee, my faves kqVcJb9_d.jpg View is a summery, breezy, crisp house-influenced dance-pop song. Kind of reminiscent of Disclosure but more poppy. It's not my fav song (or even my fav single) by them but I've found it's a good way to get into them or K-Pop in general if you're used to Western music.

#5 a cute bop

#6 Second to last, we have Fantasy. Literally one of my fav songs of ALL TIME, the chills I get when that chorus hits giveup1

#7 And lastly, there's MOVE by Taemin from SHINee. He serves everything that toxic masculinity will NEVER allow Western male artists to serve: spectacle, looks, homoerotica (but make it fashion!), electronic bops etc. He a PERFORMER too. Ahhh, my ****ing fave

(Before any ajummas get upset, I included only sings from the last couple years bc we need the audience to enjoy HD quality videos

Hope it's not too overwhelming, feel free to let me know ur thoughts on anything you've checked out from these! We could always use some more K-stans since this thread is kinda graveyard'd kinda like the rest of the forum

kqVcJb9_d.jpg

xoxo

Poor Eung Eung and Noir being placed out of the equation

8 hours ago, Cosmic said:

has everyone eung eunged today?

kqVcJb9_d.jpg

I did! Ugh one of the best K-Pop songs in 2019!

2 hours ago, Luca said:

I saw that Halsey shade!

kqVcJb9_d.jpg

Trust me, this thread hates BTS more than it hates Halsey so you should be safe here

kqVcJb9_d.jpg

2 hours ago, Luca said:

Maybe the BTS x Halsey track will help me get into kpop more, sadly it is BTS she is collaborating with. 

kqVcJb9_d.jpg

Feel free to check out some of the sings I posted on the previous page in case you're interested! BTS can be a little... abrasive to first time listeners

ee8dbad218bdb01af34d6623043643e1.jpg

2 hours ago, Jon. said:

Poor Eung Eung and Noir being placed out of the equation

Two of the best songs of this year no doubt but I wanted to present a diverse selection to the audience with particular songs from the last 4 years or so

ee8dbad218bdb01af34d6623043643e1.jpg

But while we're talking about Miss Sunmi and Allahpink, let's talk about these phenomenal B-sides of theirs

Like wow what moments I rarely ever forget

18 hours ago, Robert. said:

@Taylor

kqVcJb9_d.jpg

#5 a cute bop

kqVcJb9_d.jpg

xoxo

what kind of perfect list omg no bad songs here... your taste

kqVcJb9_d.jpg

7 hours ago, Luca said:

Maybe the BTS x Halsey track will help me get into kpop more, sadly it is BTS she is collaborating with. 

kqVcJb9_d.jpg

girlie you do not want to get into kpop with bts

kqVcJb9_d.jpg

6 minutes ago, Divine said:

Fun fact: This thread alone got the same amount of posts in the past week as the fourth most popular section this week lol3 

Sign the BP award rat

kqVcJb9_d.jpg

I'm ready to STAN these legends

kqVcJb9_d.jpg

But yeah, sections need an update, a KPOP one would bring a lot of posts

kqVcJb9_d.jpg