Hyun.

General K-Pop/J-Pop Discussion

New NCT China teaser jj1

VISUALSSSSS, dahhhhhling

TxT released an English version of Cat & Dog lmfao2

And finally in recent events

A BTS fansite admin had Americans at the BBMAs shaking + quaking when she pulled up ****ing READY lmfao2

Even Cardi was like giiirl

K-Pop Round Table Ep. 1 - Debuts!

Hello fellow k-pop rats, I want to revive this thread a bit so I thought of a fun way to discuss some things related to the good sis Korean (and sometimes Japanese) pop music!

AqrebQ.gif

Today I wanted to discuss what our favorite debut's of 2019 have been and why! We're not even halfway through the year yet and we've already received many debuts with many more on the way.

For me, I'm gonna have to say my favorite debut this year has been Everglow with Bon Bon Chocolat!

I've never been a big fan of autotune but it really works for this song and it's such an ear worm! The chorus snaps my neck every time. We love some na na's and some bon bon chocolat's going up to the sky! The b-sides of the debut were also incredible, especially Moon. I'm very excited to see what the ladies of Everglow do with their first comeback!

Tbh I was going to say ITZY was my favorite debut this year solely due to Yeji's absolute slayage but I feel like I enjoy Everglow's debut a lot more, especially since Dalla Dalla took me a minute to get into it, meanwhile BBC was amazing on first listen. Also, side note, I was really shook when I found out one of the Everglow members are nearly six feet tall? dead1 

But yes, what are all of your thoughts and opinions on this debut and your favorite debuts this year?

@Hyun. @Robert. @Yoncé. @Cosmic @Jon. @Kim Jiwon

AqrebQ.gif

19 minutes ago, Divine said:

But yes, what are all of your thoughts and opinions on this debut and your favorite debuts this year?

IT'S ABOUT TIME. I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY BON BON CHOCOLAT STAN. Anyways yes, Everglow and the very iconic groundbreaking ITZY snapped necks with their debut can't wait for the next comebacks for the both of them.

TXT really had a cute debut since it was on my birthday so I'd give them that especially since they gave me Blue Orangeade. 

this is kinda SOTY ngl get into it

JfEIn1a.gif

2 hours ago, Divine said:

ITZY kinda take it for me tbh! i loved it on second listen and it still sounds fresh, they did that lotus1

TXT's Crown, ONEUS' Valkyrie, and EVERGLOW all served too lotus1

1 hour ago, Yoncé. said:

Can't wait for us to spill the tea on who had the best title track so far this year, the fumes that might happen.

JfEIn1a.gif

lemme be annoying and say FANCY so far is the best oh yes!!

JfEIn1a.gif

48 minutes ago, Hyun. said:

lemme be annoying and say FANCY so far is the best oh yes!!

JfEIn1a.gif

this is the ONLY answer oops. both JYP girl groups served quality classic bops this year.

JfEIn1a.gif 

13 minutes ago, Yoncé. said:

this is the ONLY answer oops. both JYP girl groups served quality classic bops this year.

JfEIn1a.gif 

Fancy, Dalla Dalla, MIROH... JYP really won this year

JfEIn1a.gif

1 hour ago, Yoncé. said:

The fact that all three are my actual favorite songs from this year wow. giveup1 

right? ahh, that's history lotus1

1 hour ago, Cosmic said:

bbc took so long to grow on me, while dalla dalla was an instant classic. i also enjoyed bvndit's debut & cherry bullet, but they are more forgettable compared to dd

JfEIn1a.gif

tbh same, i hope cherry bullet's comeback is better bc their debut song was cute, but nothing else (mv was iconic tho)

JfEIn1a.gif

1 hour ago, Hyun. said:

tbh same, i hope cherry bullet's comeback is better bc their debut song was cute, but nothing else (mv was iconic tho)

JfEIn1a.gif

i still listen to it occasionally and it was a good debut but i agree i hope they can really turn it this next comeback

JfEIn1a.gif