Hyun.

General K-Pop/J-Pop Discussion

14 hours ago, Vilppu said:

Omg just got done reading the two lists, here are my favorite bits:

9. Sunmi – Pporappippam

However, now, after several accidents (*links to Gotta Go and Lalalay*), Sunmi managed to fully learn her lesson and simultaneously earn her best song as of yet.

5. Apink – Dumhdurum

Better to go on a high, and seriously few have managed to reach the heights of “Dumhdurum”, than see yourself become the next coming of Super Junior.

Taemin – Criminal

Between getting caught up as the babysitter of SM’s latest unruly crew and getting shown up in a disasterpiece nugu show Road to Kingdom, Taemin’s 2020 was a hell of a ride but at least it ended with the underwhelming “Idea” easily his best song to date, “Criminal”.

Animated GIF

Your paragraphs on Dumhdurum, Criminal, Pporappippam, Mago, Apple, So Bad and Star spoke to me on a spiritual level! Ngl I for one am actually upset at the lack of a worst of 2020 and dishounorable mentions list (I was looking forward to some NCT roasts even though I kinda stan for them hihi), but I understand how much time goes into these and I am still immensely satisfied with all the content that you have given us on your blog this year clap3

And as always, there are so many artists and songs that I'm discovering through your blog, ones that have completely flown under most K-Pop stans' radar, so thank you for introducing me to more undeground star quality giveup1

Everyone who visits this thread better go check out Vilppu's end-of-year lists, they're highly entertaining! And it's as clear as Sunmi's skin that more effort and research goes into them than goes into any of these MTV / Paper mag / Billboard / etc end-of-year lists!!

18 hours ago, Robert. said:

I understand how much time goes into these and I am still immensely satisfied with all the content that you have given us on your blog this year clap3

And as always, there are so many artists and songs that I'm discovering through your blog, ones that have completely flown under most K-Pop stans' radar, so thank you for introducing me to more undeground star quality giveup1

Everyone who visits this thread better go check out Vilppu's end-of-year lists, they're highly entertaining! And it's as clear as Sunmi's skin that more effort and research goes into them than goes into any of these MTV / Paper mag / Billboard / etc end-of-year lists!!

Thank you, this means a lot ✌

Re: NCT, honestly the only song of theirs I found to be really bad this year was Work It, and even that could've maybe escaped a dishonourable mention. There's been a lot of worse stuff lately, from SM even (mainly Hyoyeon, Changmin, Suju's 2YaYao). On the other hand, Kick It/Misfit were actually on my shortlist for the good end of the year-end.

9 hours ago, Vilppu said:

Thank you, this means a lot ✌

Re: NCT, honestly the only song of theirs I found to be really bad this year was Work It, and even that could've maybe escaped a dishonourable mention. There's been a lot of worse stuff lately, from SM even (mainly Hyoyeon, Changmin, Suju's 2YaYao). On the other hand, Kick It/Misfit were actually on my shortlist for the good end of the year-end.

d

wait but dessert was a BOP

but yeah Changmin's song has terrible and NCT wasn't bad but it was just boring NCT 2018 > NCT 2020 

1 hour ago, Chris Morlock said:

Btw there might be a SHINee comeback this year

Yup Yup SM said it <3 can't wait, I think we will have SHINee for more one 1 and 1/2 year before Taemin has to Enlist after that either they will make a sub Unit probabbly the 3 of them or Onew X Key  while Taemin is on service 

3 hours ago, GlenCoco said:

Yup Yup SM said it <3 can't wait, I think we will have SHINee for more one 1 and 1/2 year before Taemin has to Enlist after that either they will make a sub Unit probabbly the 3 of them or Onew X Key  while Taemin is on service 

I always confuse Onew with Onewe dead2

10 hours ago, Kiki said:

Are there any jpop fans up in hurrr. I’ve been rediscovering some of my fave jpop divas and would like to check out some new artists

No a fan fan but If you have any recomendations pls share 

10 hours ago, GlenCoco said:

No a fan fan but If you have any recomendations pls share 

My fave jpop divas are Namie Amuro, Kumi Koda, Ayumi Hamasaki & Utada Hikaru but that’s like the starter pack to jpop. 

some of my faves by them 

Sparkle - Ayumi Hamasaki 

TABOO - Kumi Koda 

WILD - Namie Amuro 

traveling - Utada Hikaru 

9 hours ago, Kiki said:

My fave jpop divas are Namie Amuro, Kumi Koda, Ayumi Hamasaki & Utada Hikaru but that’s like the starter pack to jpop. 

some of my faves by them 

Sparkle - Ayumi Hamasaki 

TABOO - Kumi Koda 

WILD - Namie Amuro 

traveling - Utada Hikaru 

Nice i'll defenetly check them out <3

17 minutes ago, GlenCoco said:

Can't belive GOT7 is disbanding they had so much potential 

Yeah, and they also seemed to have such a sincere bond and friendship. Still, I'm excited to see what they'll go on to do individually, I'm perched for JB's solo career in particular

Hope he serves us some more sensual bops like this:

1 minute ago, Robert. said:

Yeah, and they also seemed to have such a sincere bond and friendship. Still, I'm excited to see what they'll go on to do individually, I'm perched for JB's solo career in particular

Hope he serves us some more sensual bops like this:

It's sad to see them disband even tho they are saying got7 still together... they had such great bup but JYP was an ass with them, the guys have so much creative potential and yes tbh I'm excited to see all their individual projects