Hyun.

General K-Pop/J-Pop Discussion

3 minutes ago, Vilppu said:

Indeed and it's not even in my top 5 for Reboot, legends.

idk, I listened to everything which came on Spotify and the one thing I know is that I will NOT be re-visiting it nn.

One Black Night too >>>

screaming, she only has like 3 singles (?) if i'm not wrong dead1

Just now, Hyun. said:

One Black Night too >>>

screaming, she only has like 3 singles (?) if i'm not wrong dead1

Ugh yes, a HYMN. I genuinely like every single song on Reboot, even the token ballad at the end, I don't think this has happened with any other k-pop album.

Mess, I definitely did then lmao. It's so unreal how she thoguht it'd be cute to go solo which resulted in both destroying her parent group and having herself locked in YG's dungeon.

9 minutes ago, Vilppu said:

Ugh yes, a HYMN. I genuinely like every single song on Reboot, even the token ballad at the end, I don't think this has happened with any other k-pop album.

Mess, I definitely did then lmao. It's so unreal how she thoguht it'd be cute to go solo which resulted in both destroying her parent group and having herself locked in YG's dungeon.

i don't love the last few tracks but the rest is all fantastic, One Black Night, Baby Don't Play, Candle and I Feel You alone are just cry7

2NE1 were never even that special imo, apart from Crush their music sucks a bit rip4

3 minutes ago, Hyun. said:

i don't love the last few tracks but the rest is all fantastic, One Black Night, Baby Don't Play, Candle and I Feel You alone are just cry7

2NE1 were never even that special imo, apart from Crush their music sucks a bit rip4

I can see why, they threw all the slower stuff there. But I still love it, a k-pop group actually making a ballad which manages to keep the listener interested is commendable. There are so many b0ps too though, ahh, a perfect album.

Yeah, they were actually the reason why I was initially put off and didn't really want to explore k-pop more dead1 I quite like ~two songs on To Anyone in a messy, dated, ironic way but overall, they're a no from me. Crush was terrible too imo, I still don't understand why literally everyone mentions this album among actual k-lassics (Pink Tape, Absolute etc.)

I can see why, they threw all the slower stuff there. But I still love it, a k-pop group actually making a ballad which manages to keep the listener interested is commendable. There are so many b0ps too though, ahh, a perfect album.

Yeah, they were actually the reason why I was initially put off and didn't really want to explore k-pop more dead1 I quite like ~two songs on To Anyone in a messy, dated, ironic way but overall, they're a no from me. Crush was terrible too imo, I still don't understand why literally everyone mentions this album among actual k-lassics (Pink Tape, Absolute etc.)

yeah, i'm usually not a fan of slower songs, especially in k-pop ngl. good thing the bops are all 11/10!

i like a few songs on Crush (Crush, CBH, GBY, for example) but it's not even that good as a whole, poor them! the epitome of overrated when it comes to k-pop groups. f(x) really did that with their three bibles huh?

15 hours ago, Hyun. said:

f(x) really did that with their three bibles huh?

We love Pinocchio, Pink Tape and Red Light, yes!

30bzerm.jpg

This is not 4 Walls shade, I genuinely think their debut is just as good as it and deserves more praise though.

Anywho, this video is offensive on at least 14 different levels but also has Jinki so sins forgiven + the song is great:

Also Amber is about to actually deliver a good solo song (a feature but still), I knew remaining a stan through the difficult Shake That Brass/Borders times would eventually pay off <3

9 hours ago, Vilppu said:

We love Pinocchio, Pink Tape and Red Light, yes!

30bzerm.jpg

This is not 4 Walls shade, I genuinely think their debut is just as good as it and deserves more praise though.

the thing is Pinocchio has many questionable tracks so i just kinda ... ignore it

30bzerm.jpg

8 hours ago, Hyun. said:

the thing is Pinocchio has many questionable tracks so i just kinda ... ignore it

30bzerm.jpg

I mean, I guess the middle section of the album has some production choices but I've learned to appreciate them as juvenile, clumsy bops. And the highs are great, Sweet Witches or Love >

The only truly unacceptable songs are Stand Up! and Gangsta Boy, the original Glitter/Cash Me Out.

30bzerm.jpg

Oh, and Taemin's release is surprisingly solid considering it's a ballad in Japanese*. And the video, whew, slay me king.
* - I do not have anything against the country/language, it's just that Korean artists recording Japanese stuff more often than not comes off as awkward to me.

9 minutes ago, Vilppu said:

I mean, I guess the middle section of the album has some production choices but I've learned to appreciate them as juvenile, clumsy bops. And the highs are great, Sweet Witches or Love >

The only truly unacceptable songs are Stand Up! and Gangsta Boy, the original Glitter/Cash Me Out.

30bzerm.jpg

it does have some questionable bops, i'll agree on that!

30bzerm.jpg

Oh, and Taemin's release is surprisingly solid considering it's a ballad in Japanese*. And the video, whew, slay me king.
* - I do not have anything against the country/language, it's just that Korean artists recording Japanese stuff more often than not comes off as awkward to me.

both videos i've seen from him have been so good, and same! i weirdly just don't like Taemin singing in Japanese but that was a nice song!

1 minute ago, Hyun. said:

it does have some questionable bops, i'll agree on that!

30bzerm.jpg

you're my angel
a-a-a-a-angel

Well, maybe questionable is indeed a good way of putting it.

30bzerm.jpg

2 minutes ago, Hyun. said:

both videos i've seen from him have been so good, and same! i weirdly just don't like Taemin singing in Japanese but that was a nice song!

That applies to all of SHINee tbh, their Korean albums >>> Japanese. And of the few releases Taemin has, I only come back to the Korean ones so yeah.

Just now, Vilppu said:

That applies to all of SHINee tbh, their Korean albums >>> Japanese. And of the few releases Taemin has, I only come back to the Korean ones so yeah.

their Japanese discography is truly the pits (except for a few gems) sia5 Danger and Drip Drop >>>

1 minute ago, Hyun. said:

their Japanese discography is truly the pits (except for a few gems) sia5 Danger and Drip Drop >>>

d it's funny how most of their best jpn songs are just translations from Korean and like... I don't listen to them because I'm used to the originals rip4 

Drip Drop is such a SONG, wow. The entire Press It album was kind of great actually.

1 minute ago, Vilppu said:

d it's funny how most of their best jpn songs are just translations from Korean and like... I don't listen to them because I'm used to the originals rip4 

Drip Drop is such a SONG, wow. The entire Press It album was kind of great actually.

Picasso and Password are among the gems in that side of their music, at least! yeah that's why The First is such a pointless album rip4

i LIVE for the harmonies through the whole thing, all talent!

Picasso and Password are among the gems in that side of their music, at least! yeah that's why The First is such a pointless album rip4

i LIVE for the harmonies through the whole thing, all talent!

Oh, I love Password, I remember being shook and expecting the entire album to be on that level and... well... rip4 

Picasso is cute too and DxDxD and Five have some nice tracks so it's not an entirely pointless part of their discography but still it's so whatever to me overall.

Ugh, the nation's dancer was truly serving talent and humiliation-of-every-other-artist-existing, love stanning icons <3

1 minute ago, Vilppu said:

Oh, I love Password, I remember being shook and expecting the entire album to be on that level and... well... rip4 

Picasso is cute too and DxDxD and Five have some nice tracks so it's not an entirely pointless part of their discography but still it's so whatever to me overall.

Ugh, the nation's dancer was truly serving talent and humiliation-of-every-other-artist-existing, love stanning icons <3

you can make one killer mini album out of their great jpn songs, i'd say rip4 

Five is a major improvement and def their best, there's at least good bops on it rip4

you can make one killer mini album out of their great jpn songs, i'd say rip4 

Five is a major improvement and def their best, there's at least good bops on it rip4

One killer mini is something some other groups are still incapable of achieving so I'm counting this as a SHINee win.

30bzerm.jpg

ABOAB, Get the Treasure, the sad yet uplifting Kimi No Seide >>>

30bzerm.jpg

Just now, Vilppu said:

One killer mini is something some other groups are still incapable of achieving so I'm counting this as a SHINee win.

30bzerm.jpg

ABOAB, Get the Treasure, the sad yet uplifting Kimi No Seide >>>

30bzerm.jpg

the Kimi No Seide video is still that experience! we love a plot twist! Mr. Right Guy is also a nice one

30bzerm.jpg

3 minutes ago, Hyun. said:

the Kimi No Seide video is still that experience! we love a plot twist! Mr. Right Guy is also a nice one

30bzerm.jpg

Omg, I can't watch the video without bursting out laughing since someone pointed the scene with the happy girl and not-so-happy guy out and said something like 'he's sad because he knows she'll never love him the way she loves SHINee' ashfdj

And yeah, Mr. Right Guy is really good, would make a better opener than the actual one.

30bzerm.jpg