Hyun.

General K-Pop/J-Pop Discussion

Just now, Robert. said:

Wait I forgot about that one

Probably bc it has two recycled songs (Clue and Note) and one song that was appropriated from Japanese (Stranger)

The Reason slays tho

4d0de753176e409fdbda457e0af3cd86.png

the way they KNEW Stranger is their best and had to make it into korean omg their minds

1 minute ago, Vilppu said:

Sherlock Demo 1 and Sherlock Demo 2 kinda suck honestly

How they worked those into their glorious second best song ever is beyond me

i think they're rly fun and make listening to Sherlock much more interesting

2 minutes ago, Robert. said:

FDZGHJH

We need more nugu excellence like this in this wretched thread!

Keeping up with all dull ballads, lifeless R&B and cringey hip hop nugus pump out on the daily is honestly in the end kinda worth it when at some point some fun, upbeat GOODNESS finally comes out

4 YEARS OF VIEW
On May 18th 2015, South Korean boy group SHINee released View as the sole single off their 4th full-length studio album Odd. The song’s release marked their first Korean comeback since 2013’s ‘Everybody’.

“View” sounds like it was lifted straight out of a gay New York nightclub in the early nineties, which is about the highest possible praise one can give a record like this. With Italo-house piano and splashes of garage, it’s a vintage club queen’s dream. The moment SHINee start swivelling their hips and vogueing to the chorus, you can almost hear Ru Paul snapping his fingers in the background with a sassy “You better WORK!”
-
The ease with which SHINee’s vocals carry the understated instrumental is remarkable;
Jonghyun’s graceful lyrics float high and strong above the cyclical bass, while members double up on lines of verse for extra colour and bring an endearing playfulness to the ad-libs. The faithful adoption of deep house influences eliminates K-pop’s showstopping choruses, but gives the track a lean, elastic quality.
-
The tropical house sound infiltrated the U.S. mainstream in 2015 thanks to Justin Bieber, but the sound was already making waves in Korea thanks in big part to SHINee's subtly sexy single -- another ambitious release to add to the boy band's discography.

Facts & trivia:

-It sold 724,659 copies in South Korea in 2015.

-It reached #2 on the US Billboard World Digital Chart and #1 on the Gaon Chart.

-It was named the 18th Best K-Pop Song of 2015 by Billboard.

-It was named the 3rd Best K-Pop Song of 2015 by Idolator.

-It was named the 7th Best K-Pop Song of 2015 by Vice magazine’s Noisey.

-View’s parent album, Odd, has sold 313,000 copies in total. It managed to reach #1 on the US Billboard World Albums Chart.

-The music video is SHINee’s 4th most-viewed video on YouTube. It was filmed over the course of several days in Thailand.

-Jonghyun competed with 30 other songwriters to write the lyrics for View. In the end, his lyrics (which use metaphors of synaesthesia to talk about a sensual, flirtatious summer fling) got chosen by SM, beating out all the of the contributions that had been submitted by writing camps.

Live stages:

The boys wore leisure wear, casual summer attire and sports clothing for the music show performances with the iconic "-daun-daun-daun-daun view" move being a particular highlight of the choreo (thanks, in part, to Minho's arms)

8d40261dc293e552e8c272394290aae2.gif

tumblr_nol64ddF6O1smul75o10_r1_400.gif

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Happy 4th anniviewsary y'all

LUgJIwl.gif

1 minute ago, Robert. said:

Omg this is a HITLET and a half

What Astro shoulda did

250524273015202.gif

Reminds me a bit of

in parts

Breathe sounds like ONF's usual house sound turned even boppier yes omg i'm shaking

250524273015202.gif

9 minutes ago, Robert. said:

Ugh, just as I thought

At least they gave us excellence this year with the Jus2 sub unit tho

250524273015202.gif

focus on me one of the best kpop videos ever tbh it's so cool

250524273015202.gif