Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Mrs. Puff

American Idol 2011

There are 9 contestants left and only 3 girls +laughcry+ because only teenage girls and cougar moms vote +laughcry+

The remaining contestants are (in my own personal rankings from worst to best):

-Scotty McCreery - Country crooner, does same thing every week, annoys me

-Stefano Langone - Latino pool boy, object of J.Lo's affection, has an odd tone/accent when he sings

-Jacob Lusk - Oversings worse than Christina Aguilera in a church

-Paul McDonald - Kinda cute but has an annoying whispery, wafer-thin voice

-James Durbin - Sloth from the Goonies, Adam Lambert wannabe

-Casey Abrams - Seth Rogan mixed with Carrot Top..can sing well sometimes, gives off a Taylor Hicks vibe though

-Haley Reinhart - Kinda cool, husky, bluesy voice.. I like it when she uses it well

-Lauren Alaina - Has been pimped relentlessly by producers since the start of the season, she can sing well and usually has perfect pitch, I can see her winning

-Pia Toscano - My favorite, I know she has done only ballads so far but she does them so well :o

Who are your favorite contestants that are left? Mine are the 3 ladies :D

for me Pia is one of those artist who can sing but is only a ballad artist and has no real flare. She doesn't excite me as the other girls do. They have personality and are really fun. Pia is just a good voice and just really serious..

Pia is on Carrie/Kelly level vocally, imo. Easily one of the best powerhouse vocalists they've ever had on the show. She needs to win this year, she's got the voice and the look to go very far. And I know she can do up/midtempos if she wants to, her voice is good enough for anything. They have to have a female win. Also becoming a huge Haley fan after last week's Bennie and the Jets, which was one of my favorite performances this season. Lauren's got the voice/star potential too, but she annoys the heck out of me. All 3 of those could go onto success I think, and they better not be going home for a long time now. Need to weed out some of these guys who are never ever gonna make it in the real industry (Paul, Jacob, Casey). Scotty is boring, but I can't deny he will be huge in country. They actually have several real potential stars this year for the first time in at least 4 seasons.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.