Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Navy

Comeback - It WILL happen with effort!

In late 2011 when Gaga, Britney, Ke$ha, Katy, & Rihanna's success dies down Christina can easily make a comeback. On the second season of The Voice she must launch a promo single/teaser which will create solid buzz. In October she launches the new website & a countdown to the first single. In mid October she releases a chilling spooky song on the Fighter side, but with a scary catch, more dark just to create some buzz. Then in late October she releases her first single from the album which sounds like across over of Tell Me & Can't Hold Us Down which screams hit. The song must feature a top noch artist in the industry at the time. I see Christina working with Kayne. (Both cocky & rude :tehe2:) She releases the music video days later & performs it on American Music Awards. She follows by releasing two more promo singles that sound similar to the first single & one that sounds similar to Beautiful as she is known for her vocals. She needs a song that really showcases them to create buzz. Followed by the first single + promo singles she does a heavy amount of promo on TV shows & radio shows. She releases the album the week after the American Music Awards to push mayjor holiday sales. She continues her heavy line of promo & releases a second single in mid December & continues to promote the album until the holiday album season ends to help album sales. She then launches into a huge worldwide tour in Spring 2012. Her next album needs to be a huge crossover & bring fans onto a whole new level. She needs futuristic/techno/electronic, urban, pop, jazz/burlesque themed, & power ballads to create a masterpiece. It will happen if effort is put into it & she seems more confident with her work. I honestly didn't think she put her full potential in the Bionic era.

It's a shame that Bionic performed so badly, when to me it's one of her best albums, alongside with Stripped. I blame it a bit on NMT, it was a terrible choice for a first single.

I hope you're right and she applies herself into having a good comeback. We all know what a talent show can do to help you gain expossure *cough* Jlo *cough*

It's a shame that Bionic performed so badly, when to me it's one of her best albums, alongside with Stripped. I blame it a bit on NMT, it was a terrible choice for a first single.

I hope you're right and she applies herself into having a good comeback. We all know what a talent show can do to help you gain expossure *cough* Jlo *cough*

Yea, Xtina just needs to do it right. Bionic had to many flillers on it, but many of the tracks were amazing. It's my favorite album of hers. She should've released WooHoo as the first single. It screamed success.

looool no. if anything her singles are going to flop unless radios unban her songs. +lol+

i think she can have huge albums. it'd be great if she'd reach the sales 'back to basics' had back in 2006 with this next record.

her glory days are behind her. I'm not sure what she can do to come back. No matter what she does she looks like she's trying too hard.

You should know better, being a huge Mariah fan. Mariah has had some major flops, yet she was back with TEOM which was HUGE.

If she plays her cards right, she can get back on top again.

The recent success of Adele shows that people are starting to get sick of dance/electro music. They want more organic and raw music - which is Christina's specialty. She needs to come back with an emotional, honest album. I really hope she's not gonna release those Sandy Vee songs. She should stick to Linda Perry. +legend+

You should know better, being a huge Mariah fan. Mariah has had some major flops, yet she was back with TEOM which was HUGE.

If she plays her cards right, she can get back on top again.

The recent success of Adele shows that people are starting to get sick of dance/electro music. They want more organic and raw music - which is Christina's specialty. She needs to come back with an emotional, honest album. I really hope she's not gonna release those Sandy Vee songs. She should stick to Linda Perry. +legend+

yes but an overweight divorced mother of one with bad press isn't exactly gonna smash cos no one is rooting for her like they were for Mariahs comeback. With Xtina its like the general public just dont care anymore.

Yea I think she does have a chance at a comeback, she's known for her voice and overly processed finally are finally loosing popularity, thank God. Sometimes it sounds cool or just in a few spots bit its waaayyy overused right now. More organic vocals are coming back front and center so I think if Christina would play her cards right she could have a hit or two.

Her biggest problem, IMO, is that visually she doesn't have a look all her own. For a while she had black streaks and was really trashy looking but... her biggest mitake last time around was copying Gaga's Just Dance/Poker Face look. She needs to original in more than just her music.

We know Gaga as the crazy costumed blond chick with a killer voice.

We know Britney as the down to earth pretty southern blond who makes smash dance numbers.

We know Katy as the curvy quirky pin up girl with an interesting flair to her music.

I could go on with Madonna or Ke$ha etc. But you get the idea.

If I'd ask anyone I know about Christina it would be "she was popular in the early 00's, didn't she try and make a comeback or something awhile ago?"

Most people don't give a poo for Floptina :/ I'm indifferent really.

She needs to stop acting as if everything is ok and she didnt flop.

She didn't flop. Just was going through ... Bionic did better than a lot of CDs. +lol+ If you think on it.

yes but an overweight divorced mother of one with bad press isn't exactly gonna smash cos no one is rooting for her like they were for Mariahs comeback. With Xtina its like the general public just dont care anymore.

She won't be overweight when the new album comes though. She always gains weight in between projects, as I believe she gains weight easily. I do agree that the general public really seems to have it out for her. They always have. Even with the success of Stripped and Back To Basics, she just couldn't win over the public which is very frustrating.

About her comeback happening with effort- we need to remember that the Bionic era had a lot of promo right away. Regis & Kelly, Storytellers, Fuse, MTV Movie Awards, Oprah, Good Morning America, Letterman (or Leno? Both?). It's not putting forth the effort that is the problem, it's continuing to put forth the effort and prove to the masses why she is here in the first place. Not Myself Tonight was a hot song and had a lot of promise from the get-go but the video was kind of sloppy. It was a hot video, don't get me wrong, but it was kind of all over the place. Then the Gaga comparisons started which totally killed it.

She needs to stop acting as if everything is ok and she didnt flop.

I think she's aware that Bionic didn't do so well, she just hasn't really commented on it and she doesn't need to. No need in wallowing in negativity.

Kinda hypocrite to say she's overweight as a bad thing and say that Adele is beautiful on the other hand. (Just for the record, I find both women beautiful)

The Voice actually shows America she's sweet and the recent interviews where she talks about her son are really heartwarming. Britney had been through a lot worse press and public image and she managed to get back on her feet, with one of the most successful tours ever and very seccessful singles and albums.

Truth is, people like to see other people (especially celebs) fall and hit the bottom, only to watch them rise higher. And I assure you that if her comeback will be a good one in terms of the music, the promotion and the look - she will have the press acclaim behind her again.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.