Guest Joshua.

Charmed (1998-2006)

Absolutely love this show, I was obsessed with it and have seen every episode. Prue was always my favorite. I have the first four seasons of the show on DVD, those were my favorite seasons. I didn't like Paige at first, but then she grew on me and became my favorite. I felt like after the fourth season, the show was still good but sometimes it felt like the writers were running out of stories and stuff. I also used to read some of the Charmed books and I used to have their calendar. I absolutely loved the show. I went to Los Angeles, California during the summer of 2007 with my family and my parents drove me to see the Charmed house. It was pretty cool to see it in real life!!!

majot4.jpg

57 minutes ago, Ghostface said:

Whew, I thought that this thread was opened now when I saw it while in forum index. This is good show. They made mistakes later on, but it remains iconic. 

For me, as much as I love the latter seasons, I do believe taking the series in a "lighter" direction was a mistake.

5 minutes ago, Ruthless Love said:

For me, as much as I love the latter seasons, I do believe taking the series in a "lighter" direction was a mistake.

I used to negate that to certain degree when younger ( because I also like those seasons and I still do ), but eventually, I think you are right. Seasons 1 and 4 are perfect combinations of dark-light elements. Later on, especially in seasons 5 and 8, it felt too cheery, but that also has its perks ( for example Piper-Rose hilarious relations ). Season 6 was really there to bring back darker tone, but they didn't succeed to do that fully, because they chose non-human demons to be destroyed in pre-intro segment.

1 hour ago, Ghostface said:

I used to negate that to certain degree when younger ( because I also like those seasons and I still do ), but eventually, I think you are right. Seasons 1 and 4 are perfect combinations of dark-light elements. Later on, especially in seasons 5 and 8, it felt too cheery, but that also has its perks ( for example Piper-Rose hilarious relations ). Season 6 was really there to bring back darker tone, but they didn't succeed to do that fully, because they chose non-human demons to be destroyed in pre-intro segment.

Same. I love some of the latter seasons but, in comparison, they don't quite compare to the first four seasons. I mean, mermaids, leprechauns, fairy tales, et al? It was cute, but it wasn't edgy like the original seasons were. I feel like the Hallow should've been bigger and more dangerous than it was. Yes, it was evil, but not to the degree I would think it would have been had the series kept on a bit more of a darker path.

13 minutes ago, Ruthless Love said:

Same. I love some of the latter seasons but, in comparison, they don't quite compare to the first four seasons. I mean, mermaids, leprechauns, fairy tales, et al? It was cute, but it wasn't edgy like the original seasons were. I feel like the Hallow should've been bigger and more dangerous than it was. Yes, it was evil, but not to the degree I would think it would have been had the series kept on a bit more of a darker path.

Yes, I like how they used Hallow as ultimate neutral power, but still having only negative consequences. The good thing about it is that it didn't become the thing in last season, it was known since season 1 and later used as part of the story in seasons 2, 5 and 7. 

The first season remains the darkest of them all purely based on how demons were potrayed, because it truly feels dangerous ( demon Javna, then that female monster from Wedding From Hell ). I mean, at least they managed to let that dreadful factor regarding demons still existing, but they felt less mysterious and more mobster-like later on. That is not necessarily bad thing, but makes notable difference. 

8 minutes ago, Ghostface said:

Yes, I like how they used Hallow as ultimate neutral power, but still having only negative consequences. The good thing about it is that it didn't become the thing in last season, it was known since season 1 and later used as part of the story in seasons 2, 5 and 7. 

The first season remains the darkest of them all purely based on how demons were potrayed, because it truly feels dangerous ( demon Javna, then that female monster from Wedding From Hell ). I mean, at least they managed to let that dreadful factor regarding demons still existing, but they felt less mysterious and more mobster-like later on. That is not necessarily bad thing, but makes notable difference. 

Exactly. I feel like the creativity drained by the end of the sixth season. By the seventh it felt like they were running out of ideas, et al. I wish they could've done more in the latter years.

1 minute ago, Ruthless Love said:

The O.G. series is twenty years young as of this month! And, on top of that, the new series premieres tonight on The CW. Plus, the network gave it an additional five script order.

Oh, the memories. cry0 Let's hope the reboot is going to live up, at least, to some aspects of the original. 

Just now, Ghostface said:

Oh, the memories. cry0 Let's hope the reboot is going to live up, at least, to some aspects of the original. 

Considering they've previewed this:

Spoiler

The new Charmed Ones are connected to Melinda Warren!

it makes me interested... I am DVRing it tonight, and will be watching in the morning!

10 minutes ago, Ruthless Love said:

The O.G. series is twenty years young as of this month! And, on top of that, the new series premieres tonight on The CW. Plus, the network gave it an additional five script order.

the trailer makes the acting look bad but im gonna give it a shot