Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

California boy

Curiosities from the charts

10 minutes ago, California boy said:

Is Rise gonna debut at the top on Australian chart?

Not sure how much she is leading by or how much streams count, but I think she has a very good chance. Usually the Itunes charts are pretty indicative of the final results. Here's an article a few days ago.

KATY PERRY has soared ahead of Britney Spears and Zayn Malik in the race to top next week’s ARIA chart.

All three superstars released ‘surprise’ singles on Friday.

While Perry’s Olympic-affiliated ballad Rise has divided listeners, her fans have sent it to No. 1 on iTunes automatically.

However the new ARIA rules now include figures from streaming sites not just downloads from iTunes.

Rise has been released exclusively on Apple Music, which means it cannot be streamed on more popular sites including Spotify, which will be a disadvantage when ARIA compile downloads and streams to work out the week’s most popular songs.

It is unclear whether Rise will be released to Spotify after Apple’s exclusivity deal is up — which in recent times has been a week.

Britney Spears’ comeback single Make Me has slipped to No. 27 on iTunes, suggesting her fanbase has diminished beyond those who bought the song instantly on Friday.

The song, which recalls Australian act Flume’s Never Be Like You, was produced by British DJ Burns and has started getting commercial radio play here.

Spears hasn’t had a Top 10 hit in Australia since 2011’s Til the World Ends, with last year’s dismal Iggy Azalea collaboration Pretty Girls peaking at No. 27.

'Rise' by Katy Perry and 'Make Me' by Britney Spears are expected to debut with 130k and 90k copies respectively(US) pic.twitter.com/zqBdpa3FZI

— Shady Music Facts (@TheShadyFacts) July 17, 2016

Zayn Malik released two new songs on Friday — neither from his debut album Mind of Mine.

Who is taken from the Ghostbusters soundtrack, Cruel is a collaborations with UK dance duo Snakehips who scored a Top 5 hit with All My Friends last year.

Cruel is No. 35 on iTunes, which does not bode well for a high ARIA debut when the charts are calculated on Thursday night.

3 minutes ago, BabyJane said:

Not sure how much she is leading by or how much streams count, but I think she has a very good chance. Usually the Itunes charts are pretty indicative of the final results. Here's an article a few days ago.

KATY PERRY has soared ahead of Britney Spears and Zayn Malik in the race to top next week’s ARIA chart.

All three superstars released ‘surprise’ singles on Friday.

While Perry’s Olympic-affiliated ballad Rise has divided listeners, her fans have sent it to No. 1 on iTunes automatically.

However the new ARIA rules now include figures from streaming sites not just downloads from iTunes.

Rise has been released exclusively on Apple Music, which means it cannot be streamed on more popular sites including Spotify, which will be a disadvantage when ARIA compile downloads and streams to work out the week’s most popular songs.

It is unclear whether Rise will be released to Spotify after Apple’s exclusivity deal is up — which in recent times has been a week.

Release Rise on Spotify, Katy  clap1

15 minutes ago, QUINN said:

Roar is currently sitting at #138 and #rising on US iTunes kii1 

its also currently getting more streams than rise, too. lmfao1 This song will never die lmfao1 

Poor Rise. :(

But yasss, SLAY Roar. katy3

25 minutes ago, QUINN said:

Roar is currently sitting at #138 and #rising on US iTunes kii1 

its also currently getting more streams than rise, too. lmfao1 This song will never die lmfao1 

Roar will go even higher Wednesday morning when Madame President wins the race sha1

16 minutes ago, One Of A Katycat said:

Poor Rise. :(

But yasss, SLAY Roar. katy3

6 minutes ago, California boy said:

Roar will go even higher Wednesday morning when Madame President wins the race sha1

It's up to 133 now lmfao1 

1 minute ago, One Of A Katycat said:

Did Roar just become the new US anthem or what's happening?

I have NO idea. I know it's currently featured in a commercial that Hillary is running in the battle ground states, so that's probably it.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.