Sign in to follow this  

Capitol Music honoring Katy for her 71 million singles and 10 million albums

Teenage Wet Dream    1,817

GOLD TRUCK WOMAN: Capitol Music Group brass celebrate megastar Katy Perry’s career sales of 71 million singles and 10 million albums with a life-sized plaque, just before she informed them that a solid-gold semi was rolling around L.A. to announce the 10/22 release of her new album, Prism. “And don’t try billing that shit back to me,” she advised. “On street date I’m doing a diamond-encrusted aircraft carrier.” Seen celebrating a leaner, meaner business model are (l-r) CMG EVP Michelle Jubelirer, Capitol Records prexy Dan McCarroll, CMG Chairman/CEO Steve Barnett, Perry and CMG EVP Greg Thompson. (7/30p)

tumblr_mqryiiFgYr1qc70kwo1_1280.jpg

QUEEN!!!!!!

Infrared    18,717

Worldwide I'm assuming?

So im guessing that plaque saying TD sold 12 million was false dead2

and her stans tried to tell me different dead2

better be shipments moo1

Teenage Wet Dream    1,817

Worldwide I'm assuming?

So im guessing that plaque saying TD sold 12 million was false dead2

and her stans tried to tell me different dead2

better be shipments moo1

god no dead2

She's sold at least 6 million albums of TD I think closer to 7 million like 6.5-6.7

ajp    7,220

She's the only reason Capitol Records is still in business. She is their only star. They need to keep her happy.

RihannaRTT    9,205

Teenage Dream: The Complete Confection sold just over 6.5m last year about this time (could be near 7m now since it's still charting again). One Of the Boys sold 3.5m.

so yeah, believed! maisy

RihannaRTT    9,205

10 million albums worldwide isnt that much...

from 2 albums.... in this day and age.

honey, we don't live in the 2000s where everyone sold 10m+ per album.

Not many people are selling 5m per album today - It's taken P!nk almost a year to almost reach 5m (so I guess it will be 5m in September). It's highly unlikely. It's not much for you, because your fave existed back when she could easily sell albums - now with the digital age, and an increase in internet piracy, things have changed. Most people don't sell 5m per album - only a few big names will sell more than that, and Adele just shitting on everyone ny13

XtinaForever    13

from 2 albums.... in this day and age.

honey, we don't live in the 2000s where everyone sold 10m+ per album.

Not many people are selling 5m per album today - It's taken P!nk almost a year to almost reach 5m (so I guess it will be 5m in September). It's highly unlikely. It's not much for you, because your fave existed back when she could easily sell albums - now with the digital age, and an increase in internet piracy, things have changed. Most people don't sell 5m per album - only a few big names will sell more than that, and Adele just shitting on everyone ny13

Well i guess your right.. fall3

Brandon    135

10 million albums worldwide isnt that much...

Just think about it for a second... first week sales are 192,000. She has sold 10 MILLION already. I don't know, I feel like that's a lot. lol