Teenage Wet Dream

Capitol Music honoring Katy for her 71 million singles and 10 million albums

GOLD TRUCK WOMAN: Capitol Music Group brass celebrate megastar Katy Perry’s career sales of 71 million singles and 10 million albums with a life-sized plaque, just before she informed them that a solid-gold semi was rolling around L.A. to announce the 10/22 release of her new album, Prism. “And don’t try billing that shit back to me,” she advised. “On street date I’m doing a diamond-encrusted aircraft carrier.” Seen celebrating a leaner, meaner business model are (l-r) CMG EVP Michelle Jubelirer, Capitol Records prexy Dan McCarroll, CMG Chairman/CEO Steve Barnett, Perry and CMG EVP Greg Thompson. (7/30p)

tumblr_mqryiiFgYr1qc70kwo1_1280.jpg

QUEEN!!!!!!

10 million albums worldwide isnt that much...

from 2 albums.... in this day and age.

honey, we don't live in the 2000s where everyone sold 10m+ per album.

Not many people are selling 5m per album today - It's taken P!nk almost a year to almost reach 5m (so I guess it will be 5m in September). It's highly unlikely. It's not much for you, because your fave existed back when she could easily sell albums - now with the digital age, and an increase in internet piracy, things have changed. Most people don't sell 5m per album - only a few big names will sell more than that, and Adele just shitting on everyone ny13

from 2 albums.... in this day and age.

honey, we don't live in the 2000s where everyone sold 10m+ per album.

Not many people are selling 5m per album today - It's taken P!nk almost a year to almost reach 5m (so I guess it will be 5m in September). It's highly unlikely. It's not much for you, because your fave existed back when she could easily sell albums - now with the digital age, and an increase in internet piracy, things have changed. Most people don't sell 5m per album - only a few big names will sell more than that, and Adele just shitting on everyone ny13

Well i guess your right.. fall3