RihannaRTT

Miley Cyrus scores first ever UK Number 1 with We Can’t Stop

7843-miley_cyrus_2013_420x250.jpg

The unstoppable Miley Cyrus clocks up her very first UK Number 1 with We Can't Stop.

Congratulations to Miley Cyrus who today scores her first ever UK Number 1 single!

The 20-year-old singer and actress has gone straight to the top of the Official Singles Chart with We Can’t Stop, ending Avicii’s three week stand at Number 1 with Wake Me Up.

We Can’t Stop, which has sold over 128,000 copies over the last seven days, is not only Miley’s first British Number 1, it is also her first Top 10 single on these shores, too. Her previous highest charting tracks – 2008’s See You Again, and 2009’s The Climb and Party In The USA – each peaked at Number 11. 

Miley Cyrus - We Can't Stop on MUZU.TV.

Superstar Swedish DJ and producer Avicii is down one place to Number 2 with Wake Me Up, while Tinie Tempahscores this week’s second highest new entry with Trampoline FT 2 Chainz (Number 3). The track is the first single to be lifted from Tinie‘s second studio album, Demonstration, which will be released in the UK next month. The Cedric Gervais remix of Lana Del Rey’s Summertime Sadness holds firm at Number 4, while Robin Thicke’s Blurred Lines FTTI and Pharrell Williams completes this week’s Top 5.

New Entries and High Climbers

As well as Miley Cyrus’ We Can’t Stop (Number 1) and Tinie Tempah’s Trampoline (3), there are three other tracks making their Official Singles Chart debuts today.

Justin Timberlake’s latest single, Take Back The Night, climbs 30 places to enter the Top 40 at 29, while Kings Of Leon are new in at Number 31 with Wait For Me, another taster of their hotly anticipated sixth album Mechanical Bull.

And finally, US DJ Le Youth’s Cool climbs 14 places to enter the Official Singles Chart Top 40 at Number 35.

The Official Singles Chart Top 10 is as follows. Click here to see the Official Singles Chart Top 100 in full after 7pm.

1 WE CAN'T STOP MILEY CYRUS 2 WAKE ME UP AVICII 3 TRAMPOLINE TINIE TEMPAH FT 2 CHAINZ 4 SUMMERTIME SADNESS LANA DEL REY VS CEDRIC GERVAIS 5 BLURRED LINES ROBIN THICKE/TI/PHARRELL 6 LOVE ME AGAIN JOHN NEWMAN 7 HOLY GRAIL JAY-Z FT JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE 8 THINKING ABOUT YOU CALVIN HARRIS FT AYAH MARAR 9 BEST SONG EVER ONE DIRECTION 10 I LOVE IT ICONA POP FT CHARLI XCX

http://www.officialcharts.com/chart-news/miley-cyrus-scores-first-ever-uk-number-1-with-we-cant-stop-2413/

The 20-year-old singer and actress has gone straight to the top of the Official Singles Chart with We Can’t Stop, ending Avicii’s three week stand at Number 1 with Wake Me UpWe Can’t Stop, which has sold over 128,000 copies over the last seven days

brit6

they weren't signed by Disney at all tho... they were never part of HollywoodRecords um2

Miley isn't any more, but at least she WAS part of the label moo1

That's not what you said, tho. You said "First ever Disney Channel gurl #1". Nothing about Hollywood Records.  moo1