(o)_(o)

Fighters Get Vulnerable: Your Most Personal X Song

i never liked walk away until i listened to it again recently and realized every word in the song was exactly my situation this summer with a guy i was seeing.  it kind of ~opened my eyes~ and gave me the courage to walk away from his cute/lying ass.

lift me up too, i dont think i've ever heard a song sung with such genuine passion and vulnerability. gets me every time oprah6.gif' alt='oprah4'>

i never liked walk away until i listened to it again recently and realized every word in the song was exactly my situation this summer with a guy i was seeing.  it kind of ~opened my eyes~ and gave me the courage to walk away from his cute/lying ass.

lift me up too, i dont think i've ever heard a song sung with such genuine passion and vulnerability. gets me every time oprah6.gif' alt='oprah4'>

Aww gurl 

oprah2

Updated...

You Lost Me, and this one relates exactly as well now.

I tried fixing everything with that guy, I wrote an apology and tried to be civil with him and asked him if he likes "Work Bitch." He was good at first. Until I actually sent it. He told me he appreciated it, but somehow ended up telling me I'm "a cold breeze he wants to pass" and he "sort of" hates me. He tried putting all the blame on me and I said fuck that; I did EVERYTHING just to make him happy, I would have given up my world for him. The reason I wrote what I did was because he started being an ass for no reason; there's more to it. But honestly, I don't even care now. If he's going to be like this when we had the friendship we had, I never want to see him again.

Updated...

You Lost Me, and this one relates exactly as well now.

I tried fixing everything with that guy, I wrote an apology and tried to be civil with him and asked him if he likes "Work Bitch." He was good at first. Until I actually sent it. He told me he appreciated it, but somehow ended up telling me I'm "a cold breeze he wants to pass" and he "sort of" hates me. He tried putting all the blame on me and I said fuck that; I did EVERYTHING just to make him happy, I would have given up my world for him. The reason I wrote what I did was because he started being an ass for no reason; there's more to it. But honestly, I don't even care now. If he's going to be like this when we had the friendship we had, I never want to see him again.

Aww girl. Glad you don't care, but how horrible :(

Aww girl. Glad you don't care, but how horrible :(

It is. It's a shame really, he just gave up and said "there's no point" in trying to resolve anything. I've tried for months, I don't want to keep trying with someone who seems to not have actually cared for longer than I thought.

In the end though, he said a lot of what I wrote is true and it made him look at himself and he's learned from it. That's what I wanted from the beginning, so I'm happy I made that impact. 

It is. It's a shame really, he just gave up and said "there's no point" in trying to resolve anything. I've tried for months, I don't want to keep trying with someone who seems to not have actually cared for longer than I thought.

In the end though, he said a lot of what I wrote is true and it made him look at himself and he's learned from it. That's what I wanted from the beginning, so I'm happy I made that impact. 

You sound like you deserve better. Glad you made that impact oprah2

For me it's The Voice Within. It's like she wrote the song just for me.

Right in the beginning when she sings "Young girl, don't cry
I'll be right here when your world starts to fall" I mean, whenever I feel down and lost, just those few words are enough to make me feel better. And the "When you're safe inside your room you tend to dream
Of a place where nothing's harder than it seems" It's so true! I always hide in my room from the world and dream of my amazing future life. But the truth is that I don't work hard enough for it, I just imagine how amazing it will be and then do nothing... She made me realize that I have to try harder.

"Young girl, don't hide
You'll never change if you just run away" These words also made me realize that I had to change. I tend to be very quiet and introverted, and when an opportunity rose to go out I always used to dodge it. Now I see that I have to take every chance to connect with people and share my joy with them. I'm still not as out-going as I'd like to be, but it's definitely better now.

And finally the chorus:

"When there's no one else
Look inside yourself
Like your oldest friend
Just trust the voice within"  Even when it seems like that I'm left alone, I still have my voice within, the driving force that makes me go forward. So I forever owe Christina my thanks for this amazing song, which describes my life so accurately.

My dream is to have the first 2 lines tattooed on me in Christina's handwriting. But for that I need to go to a meet-and-greet and steal some precious moments from the other Fighters till she writes them down for me. cry4

For me it's The Voice Within. It's like she wrote the song just for me.

Right in the beginning when she sings "Young girl, don't cry

I'll be right here when your world starts to fall" I mean, whenever I feel down and lost, just those few words are enough to make me feel better. And the "When you're safe inside your room you tend to dream

Of a place where nothing's harder than it seems" It's so true! I always hide in my room from the world and dream of my amazing future life. But the truth is that I don't work hard enough for it, I just imagine how amazing it will be and then do nothing... She made me realize that I have to try harder.

"Young girl, don't hide

You'll never change if you just run away" These words also made me realize that I had to change. I tend to be very quiet and introverted, and when an opportunity rose to go out I always used to dodge it. Now I see that I have to take every chance to connect with people and share my joy with them. I'm still not as out-going as I'd like to be, but it's definitely better now.

And finally the chorus:

"When there's no one else

Look inside yourself

Like your oldest friend

Just trust the voice within"  Even when it seems like that I'm left alone, I still have my voice within, the driving force that makes me go forward. So I forever owe Christina my thanks for this amazing song, which describes my life so accurately.

My dream is to have the first 2 lines tattooed on me in Christina's handwriting. But for that I need to go to a meet-and-greet and steal some precious moments from the other Fighters till she writes them down for me. cry4

Gurl, that was so sweet. Thanks for sharing oprah2