Gabe.

Which Christina Song are you Listening to?

14 minutes ago, michael1814 said:

If she had of released both versions at the same time and performed it on the voice it would have easily debuted in the top 10… super frustrating!!!!

Even more frustrating is the fact that she did record a performance for it on the Voice but then they never aired it for some reason. dead2

Your Body. A lot of Fighters have said that they prefer the unreleased original explicit version of the song, but I say that they're misguided. Why would Xtina include a song with lyrics that could be read as both a fun one night stand type of song AND a dismissive, heavily petulant one night stand type of song as a part of Lotus? Her choice to include the non-explicit version was the right choice. "Love your body" relates to unbreakable lotus flower theme, while "fuck your body" doesn't.

On 12/25/2021 at 9:36 AM, Butterfly said:

Your Body. A lot of Fighters have said that they prefer the unreleased original explicit version of the song, but I say that they're misguided. Why would Xtina include a song with lyrics that could be read as both a fun one night stand type of song AND a dismissive, heavily petulant one night stand type of song as a part of Lotus? Her choice to include the non-explicit version was the right choice. "Love your body" relates to unbreakable lotus flower theme, while "fuck your body" doesn't.

While I prefer the explicit version (because I hate censored songs in general) I don't mind the album verson of YB that much.

It's Shut Up that drives me up the wall with its censor-beeps every 3 seconds. Couldn't they have found a less obnoxious way to censor that song? bey4

23 hours ago, Kirjava said:

While I prefer the explicit version (because I hate censored songs in general) I don't mind the album verson of YB that much.

It's Shut Up that drives me up the wall with its censor-beeps every 3 seconds. Couldn't they have found a less obnoxious way to censor that song? bey4

Is it bad if I think that it's really Xtina who wanted Shut Up to sound that way? xtina1

8 hours ago, Kirjava said:

I don't understand what her thought process was with Lotus in general. mad5

Same. I've warmed up to it a bit more once I got over the fact that it doesn't need to follow my expectation for it to be a full sophisticated electronica LP a la Björk. It's still her worst album though, excluding that joint movie soundtrack.

16 hours ago, Butterfly said:

Same. I've warmed up to it a bit more once I got over the fact that it doesn't need to follow my expectation for it to be a full sophisticated electronica LP a la Björk. It's still her worst album though, excluding that joint movie soundtrack.

I liked the Burlesque soundtrack but I completely agree otherwise. moo1