jimcrawey

New info!

"It was a little dark-sided," Katy Perry said of initial stabs at writing third album Prism. "I did some self-reflection and let a lot of light in my life."

Lucky for fans, the pop superstar opted for a sunnier approach on the highly anticipated album, out Oct. 22.

The "self-sabotaging record…that'll be my fourth record," she quipped at a Prism premiere party Thursday night at the Hammer Museum in Los Angeles.

Serving as hostess, with Capitol Records vice president Greg Thompson at her side, she played 12 songs for an audience of journalists, radio programmers and industry execs. Perry, in a snug tan halter, animal print pants and ankle-strap heels, summoned bartenders to deliver more wine and vodka to the crowd.

Noting the water bottles on the table next to her, she said in a stage whisper,

"Where's the tequila?"

The cocktail-fueled evening opened with the whimsical video for chart-topping single Roar, starring Perry as queen of the jungle cavorting with a variety of wild beasts.

A rundown of the tracks:

Legendary Lovers. "It's got a little bit of curry in it," Perry says of the tune's Indian strains. The lyrics are among Prism's most poetic:

Take me down to the river, underneath the blood-orange sun

Say my name like a scripture, keep my heart beating like a drum

Birthday. Produced by her "dream team" Max Martin and Dr. Luke, the upbeat Prince-like pop-funk workout is a nod to Wendy and Lisa, Perry says.

Key lyric:

So let me get you in your birthday suit; it's time to bring out the big balloons

Referring to the latter line, Perry said, "I was so ashamed of myself. It wouldn't be a Katy Perry record without one innuendo or two."

Walking On Air. Club diva CeCe Peniston was an inspiration for this dance blast, which Perry predicts will have ponytails whipping wildly. Produced by Robyn regular Klas Ahlund.

Unconditionally. The soaring power ballad is Katy's favorite tune on the album.

Dark Horse.This urban thumper, the second of three tracks to precede Prism's release, goes to radio Tuesday. Juicy J guests.

This Is How We Do. Max Martin and Klas Ahlund produced this buoyant pop blast with hip-hop underpinnings and the recurring refrain, "It's no big deal!"

International Smile.Friend and DJ Mia Moretti was the muse for this tune about smiling your way through language barriers.

Ghost.Powerful, dark and haunting.

Love Me. Produced by Bloodshy, the wiz behind Britney Spears' Toxic, the self-empowerment anthem is irresistibly catchy and energetic.

This Moment.After soaking up the audio book The Power of Now, Perry wrote about its message of living in the present, but added a romantic spin.

Double Rainbow.A massive ballad with collaborators Sia and Greg Kurstin.

By The Grace of God.The last song on the album is the first song Perry tackled last November. It's dramatic and wrenching, a powerful, confessional tune about recovering from a failed romance. She sings about picking herself up from the bathroom floor: "I decided to stay, wasn't going to let love take me out that way."

The "self-sabotaging record…that'll be my fourth record," she quipped at a Prismpremiere party Thursday night at the Hammer Museum in Los Angeles.

YAS THAT MEANS ALBUM NUMBER 4 COULD BE HER RATED R antm1

​interesting to hear the new deets tho