FOTP

Whitney Houston

phugphag    40,797

one of my all time favorite singers, but let's be fair - Mariah Carey is 'the voice'. Whitney is a better belter and more powerful (or at least was) but she never could use her voice like Mariah can.

Anyways, back on topic my fav songs by her:

Greatest Love of All cry1 this song is like an anthem for racial equality worldwide and I think Whitney's rendition of it in the 1980s was representative to the world that the US was finally putting it's racial issues behind it ny12

One Moment In Time cry1

All At Once :'(

I Will Always Love You ... the verses cry1

I Have Nothing ny12

Didn't We Almost Have It All :'(

exfactor003    13,698
one of my all time favorite singers, but let's be fair - Mariah Carey is 'the voice'. Whitney is a better belter and more powerful (or at least was) but she never could use her voice like Mariah can.

oh, I disagree. I don't think even Mariah compared to Whitney, vocally.

Teenage Wet Dream    145,786

I think Whitney had the most powerful voice out of anyone. It's so amazing. I Will Always Love You, The Greatest Love of All, and I Look To You are so incredible and moving.

i respect and admire both and I loooove Mariah BUT Nippy does have a stronger and clearer head voice than Mimi. Mariah's is almost non existant outside her whistling but that's ok. the girls harmonies and melodies >>>> imo oprah1

Edited by Killer Queen

phugphag    40,797

really? I think Whitney had more power and was better at belting, definitely. But I never really cared for her voice on R&B and her lower register sounds too much like a man for me. I couldn't imagine Whitney making something like The Roof work, whereas Mariah could have pulled off just about all Whitney's material, although I think Mariah would have struggled with IWALY even at her voice's peak because the way in which Whitney approached it meant that it simply could not be duplicated.

phugphag    40,797
i respect and admire both and I loooove Mariah BUT Nippy does have a stronger and clearer head voice than Mimi. Mariah's is almost non existant outside her whistling but that's ok. the girls harmonies and melodies oprah1

Whenever You Call and All I Ever Wanted!!!

Aion    80,002

I think my favorite would be My Love Is Your Love. Or maybe So Emotional or Exhale. She also did a kick-ass cover of Higher Love. God cry1 So many songs to choose from cry4.gif' alt='cry3'>.gif' alt='cry2'>