Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

exfactor003

Whitney Houston

Can we get rid of "Show me the receipts whitney2"?

I understand that it was funny and fitting to a certain contexts but this was inherently what killed her prematurely. Her voice was seriously deteriorating and she would get visibly upset when she couldn't hit the notes. I wouldn't be surprised if she went back to drugs being so upset. And AS A FORMER DRUG USER...I can't and am ashamed that I used that gif.

cry5

The late Whitney Houston's legacy on the Billboard Hot 100 singles chart is legendary.

Her biggest single on the Hot 100 chart is her iconic "I Will Always Love You," from her film "The Bodyguard." The track spent a staggering 14 weeks atop the list and at the time was the longest-running No. 1 single in history.

Billboard has compiled Houston's top 20 Hot 100 singles, and unsurprisingly, "I Will Always Love You" tops the tally. It is followed by the buoyant "I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me)," which was her fourth of 11 career No. 1s on the list.

All 11 of her No. 1 hits presented on the recap (below) and also happen to comprise her entire top 11 singles on this tally.

Whitney Houston's Top 20 Hot 100 Hits

Rank - Title - (Year) - Hot 100 Peak Position (weeks spent at No. 1)

1. "I Will Always Love You" (1992) - No. 1 (for 14 weeks)

2. "I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me)" (1987) - No. 1 (2 weeks)

3. "Greatest Love Of All" (1986) - No. 1 (3 weeks)

4. "All The Man That I Need" (1990) - No. 1 (2 weeks)

5. "I'm Your Baby Tonight" (1990) - No. 1 (1 week)

6. "So Emotional" (1987) - No. 1 (1 week)

7. "How Will I Know" (1985) - No. 1 (2 weeks)

8. "Didn't We Almost Have It All" (1987) - No. 1 (2 weeks)

9. "Saving All My Love For You" (1985) - No. 1 (1 week)

10. "Exhale (Shoop Shoop)" (1995) - No. 1 (1 week)

11. "Where Do Broken Hearts Go" (1988) - No. 1 (2 weeks)

12. "My Love Is Your Love" (1999) - No. 4

13. "Heartbreak Hotel" (featuring Faith Evans & Kelly Price) (1999) - No. 2

14. "You Give Good Love" (1985) - No. 3

15. "I Have Nothing" (1993) - No. 4

16. "One Moment In Time" (1988) - No. 5

17. "I Believe In You and Me" (1996) - No. 4

18. "I'm Every Woman" (1993) - No. 4

19. "Count On Me" (Whitney Houston & CeCe Winans) (1996) - No. 8

20. "It's Not Right But It's Okay" (1999) - No. 4

from Billboard, good starting point if you want to download some of her songs oprah1

God Whitney you fuckin’ bitch. Why, why!? Why are you going to deny us your voice. Why…

Honey you were so beautiful, so fucking talented. A voice… a voice… a voice like none other. A voice that will forever define what it means to be able to SANG.

THE definition of a legend. R.I.P Whitney Houston.

whouston_choker.gif

God Whitney...

I made this mashup as part of a mixtape I did called "The Retro Revival" a little less than a year ago. However, I thought it would be appropriate to release it as a standalone mashup today with the recent news of Whitney's passing. Hopefully you guys will enjoy it.

artworks-000018221300-le2s4w-original.jpg?b988642

http://soundcloud.com/dj_bgm/whitney-houston-vs-ke-ha-i

Alternate links:

Dropbox | Mediafire | Kiwi6

WhitneyHouston-2.gif

I know it looks like shit cause the colors don't mesh and the font is totally cheap. But the best I could do on photobucket. As for the color it's has meaning. It's the color of her birthstone; peridot. :')

Rest in peace you gorgeous Qwayne. :')

Will listen to this when I get on my laptop. maisy

Wow. I was just gonna PM you to let you know I finally posted one of my mashups and you already beat me +lol+

Anyways, I hope you like it. It's really an A+B mashup at heart, but I did a lot of less noticeable things to make sure everything was structured perfectly and have it sound like an original production.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.