Hussam

Billboard: Roar and Dark Horse sales, another record broken

"Lorde's "Royals" jumps 3-1 with 307,000—up 17% for its first week at No. 1 and best sales week yet. Behind her is Katy Perry's "Roar," which holds steady at No. 2 with 301,000 (down 10%) and Miley Cyrus' "Wrecking Ball," down 1-3 with a little more than 301,000 as well (down 37%). (The sales of both titles have been rounded to the nearest thousand. "Wrecking Ball" is behind "Roar" by a margin of less than 1% in sales.)

The top three songs on the tally have each moved 300,000 downloads in six previous weeks, but all were during the post-Christmas time period. That's when digital song sales are extraordinarily high thanks to consumers redeeming just-received gift cards.

Perry has a second song in the top 10 this week, as her new track "Dark Horse" (featuring Juicy J) bows at No. 4 with 194,000. Right behind it is Avicii's "Wake Me Up!," which slips one rung to No. 5 with 189,000 (down 6%)."

source

Roar's sales so far:

1 week - 557 000
2 week - 392 000
3 week - 448 000
4 week - 373 000
5 week - 331 000
6 week - 301 000

Total   - 2 402 000

Roar becomes the first song ever to sell more than 300k for six weeks consecutively.

Roar held up pretty well this week but I expect a sizeable drop next week honestly...

Dark Horse did incredibly too! I mean, let's not forget that it only had six days and no airplay/VEVO... I expect a top 15 debut on Hot 100 ;)