Ana

ARTPOP review thread

This is first listen (except Aura, Venus, DWUW & Applause) and I haven't really cared for her for a couple years, but nonetheless...

Aura - The first verse is weird as shit but I kinda love the song as a whole, it's different but catchy. 4.5/5

Venus - The highlight was the anus/famous rhyme (stan for the Kween gurl) but meh overall. 2/5

G.U.Y. - Verses are good, I didn't like the chorus at first but it grew on me fast. 4/5

Sexxx Dreams - Meh. I know the stans are all over this song but it just didn't do much for me. 1/5

Jewels n' Drugs - She should've just put Cake Like LG here tbh, it was legitimately a far superior song if she wanted an urban sound. 0/5

MANiCURE - The instrumentation is absolutely flawless, and the m-m-m-m-manicure is very throwbacky in a good way, but I feel like it's missing something. 3.5/5

Do What U Want - I've liked this song pretty much since it came out, though lyrically it could've been a lot better. 3/5

ARTPOP - I don't really know what's going on here, and let's be honest, she doesn't either. 2/5

Swine - This continues the formula of verse-buildup-stripped down chorus-buildup-breakdown, but it's alright I guess. 2.5/5

Donatella - This is an electronic version of Fashion (from Confessions of a Shopaholic), and not in a particularly good way. 2/5

Fashion! - It's the same fucking song as Donatella. 1/5

Mary Jane Holland - We get it, you smoke pot and have money. This is Bloody Mary if Bloody Mary was about weed. 1/5

Dope - Glad she still knows what a piano is. It was really good, but it builds up to "I need you more than dope"...really?  :ew2:  3.5/5

Gypsy - Yaaaaaaaaaaassssssssss Gaga, I'm here for this  :clap3: 5/5

Applause - I didn't like it back when the single came out, and I still think it's the auditory equivalent of masturbation, but it's grown on me. 3.5/5

Total - 37.5/75

Hope the stans aren't too hard on me  um3

Aura 7.8/10 - I've loved this song ever since it came out. But, I've gotten a little bored with it ever since it leaked + I really prefer the old vocals on the verses more than the album version. But I still love it.

Venus 10/10 - YAAASSSS TO EVERYTHING ON THIS TRACK. PLUS CLAPS FOR GAGA FOR PRODUCING THIS.

G.U.Y 10/10 - One of my favorite tracks on ARTPOP. The intro slays my life and it's just so well produced. Plus, Gaga's voice sounds amazing. Sounds like it could be on BTW too.

Sexxx Dreams 8.9/10 - I really like this studio version. I was ecstatic when I heard it at the iTunes Festival and it was one of the songs I was looking forward to. Her voice sounds sort of autotune-y on it but it's still really good.

Jewels 'N Drugs 9.8/10 - This song gets me so hyped I just LOVE it!!! The rap verses are so good!! 

Manicure 8/10 - I love this song too. I prefer the iTunes Festival beginning but I still like it. I also love the added lyrics and production elements in the chorus. I'm also really glad they included the breakdown at the end!

Do What U Want 10/10 - When I found out R. Kelly gonna be on this I was a little scared. But when I first heard it, all doubts vanished. This song is pure pop and R&B heaven. They don't clash and their voices compliment each other so well. The instrumental is phenomenal. One of my favorites from the album!

ARTPOP 10/10 - KILLER TITLE TRACK. It sounds so futuristic and clean! Not one complainy about this song!! The bridge kills me everytime!

Swine 8/10 - Zedd is an amazing producer. The only complaint I have about this song is that I feel the production over powers Gaga's voice but I still love it!

Donatella 9/10 - THE FREAKING INTRO. This song is iconic. I love it!! It's so glam and fabulous.

Fashion! 7.9/10 - This song just seems like a little bit of a letdown to me. I still like it, don't get me wrong, it just seems sort of boring to me. I've never really liked Will.I.Am as a producer too.

Mary Jane Holland 10/10 - FAVORITE SONG OFF THE ALBUM!! It's SO catchy! It's so badass. Madeon is a genius!!! I will definitely be repeating this one for a while.

Dope 8.1/10 - A very emotional song and it really gets to me because of the lyrical content. I'm happy she made a song dedicated to us. But, I really do prefer the older lyrics from I wanna Be With U. And I sort of feel like her voice is too overpowering for the song. But I still love it.

Gypsy 10/10 - Cried the first time I heard it. This song is beautiful. I really want it to be a single because it's amazing. My 2nd favorite off the album. I don't know what it is, from the beautiful lyrics to the amazing production, I just love this song.

Applause 10/10 - Still playing this song on a regular basis. I will always love it. One of Gaga's best songs.

OVERALL 9.9/10 - I already love this album. It will be on repeat for a loooong time. Her best album yet.

ARTPOP

lady-gaga-artpop-JEFF-KOONS.jpg

Aura - 8/10

Venus - 8/10

G.U.Y - 9/10

Sexxx Dreams - 9/10

Jewels N' Drugs - 10/10

MANiCURE - 7/10

Artpop - 8/10

Swine - 10/10

Donatella - 7/10

Fashion! - 10/10

Mary Jane Holland - 9/10

Dope - 2/10

Gypsy - 8/10

Applause - 7/10

70/100

As Aura started I was slayed, and by the time Applause finished I was dead. My arms swayed in the air during Artpop, and my body vibrated uncontrollably during Swine. I cried because of the rawness of Dope, and rejoiced to the rhythm of Gypsy. My mind wondered to naughty places during Sexxx Dreams, and I became a wanna be gansta during Jewls and Drugs. G.U.Y is my new anthem, while Do What You Want is going to be my Sunday night groove. Fashion! is a bop, while Manicure and Donatella defines pop. Right now, I'm going to find me some Mary Jane Holland, because Queen Godga made feel like I was on Venus.

Ladies and Gentlemen, Artpop is the shit. I've never heard a better album in my life. The haters will say that I'm a little monster over exaggerating as little monster do. I assure I'm not. ARTPOP is revolutionary. It's Lady Gaga's best album. And it's the album that pop stars should dream to make.

Something magical happens when you listen to album from top to bottom. I don't know what it is. The flow is perfect. It takes you on a fucking journey. 

10/10 - I give every song a 10.

Every song sounds like a hit.

A.R.T.P.O.P

Aura - slays but the studio version has been ruined, it sounds too clean on the second verses but it's prob cos i've gotten so used to the demo - 4.5/5

Venus - i hated it based on the xf performance cos it was fucking bad but i quite like it im ngl - 4/5

G.U.Y. - omggggggg i love this, the production and melody overall just is perfect, no criticisms 5/5

Sexxx Dreams - i loved it at itunes festival and the bass in the bridge cry1 4/5

Jewels n' Drugs - mess at itunes festival, mess on the album, the underlying genres might have something to do with it as i listen to less hip-hop/rap compared to pop etc but it's shit soz (wondered what happened to twista thou after he faded into irrelevancy) 2/5

MANiCURE - i was a bit undecided about this song, and despite gaga sticking to her roots and talking out of her ass, can't tell the difference from the 'itunes performance demos' =] the chorus and claps of the verses >>> i feel the song drags on a lot cos i rly wanted to skip it 3/5

Do What U Want - love the exploration of genres and those bridge vocals >> sometimes i feel features are a bit pointless and dont rly add anything but the mix of gaga and r kelly works perfectly - 4/5

Artpop - the lyrics are fucking stupid but idec cos my artpop could mean anything :gaze: - 5/5

Swine - so messy, and super fucking annoying, it reminds me of greyhound and the overused production mess by everyone in the past 6 months, verses are the only redeeming factor 2.5/5

Donatella - sounds similar to some of the tracks, a bit forgettable really, there are aspects i really like but i was kinda hoping like with some of the tracks we heard they wouldn't be so formulaic, i rly like the pre-chorus for its instrumentation but the chorus (mainly the production) is just annoying as it's felt it's already been repeated like 3 times already... the final build up chorus makes it a bit better though but then it reverts back </3 - 3/5

Fashion! - dumb, repetitive lyrics, but the instrumentation sass4 felt like a lot more could've been done with this, meh - 2/5

Mary Jane Holland - back to this formulaic production again ny12 idk why but it seems a bit too slow, got quite bored by less than 2 minutes, why has it become a thing that her prechoruses are amaze and the rest of the song is slumping? i almost skipped but then it got to the bridge which salvages it somewhat i guess 3/5

Dope - first ballad, haven't been impressed with her ballads aside from speechless and this is no different, idk what it is with gaga but i never connect with gaga on em, i never feel any emotional connection at all lol, i know it sounds stupid but idk it's like it lacks any depth? very drony but the lyrics aside from the ridiculous title name are gd, i'm undecided about this, better than most of her ballads but not great, hope it will grow on me 3/5

Gypsy - kk u can ignore some of what i said in the last song seeing as how this starts, this completely feels in the gaps, idk but i can see myself growing sick of this quick as the chorus is already quite grating, be surprised if this aint a single 3.5/5

Applause - made to be a hit, still haven't grown sick of it, not her worst lead single or her best 4/5

overall i think the album is good, could definitely's become my fave over the fame monster with more listens, after it's left a better first impression than prism did, there are a lot more stand outs :sigh: the only thing i'm a bit meh about is some of the lyrics are gaga all over and are just dumb af, i'm kinda sad as the first half was so promising but it falls absolutely flat second half and there's a lot of shite among the gems. i found some of the songs are kinda similar production wise but overall it's really solid and i liked a lot of the songs on first/second listens

4/5

i won't be buying it tho, nor will i be stanning pretentiousga but u might see me rocking a gaga set every now and then katy1

-

christ at this turning into an essay sry

Aura- One of the best songs ever of all time it's perfection. Everyone hates on the beginning but its just perfect the chorus OH YESS and I love the message. 10/10

Venus- Very David Bowie and its GREAT and I love its galactic feel. The chorus makes me want to brush my hair on a big rock on the seaside naked. 9/10

G.U.Y- okay yes. I love it so much, the chorus is so great however I feel like it got a tiny bit repetitive, but still one of the best on the album. 9/10

Sexxx Dreams- I loved it at iTunes Festival and it still slays me so hard. 10/10

Jewels n' Drugs- Ok I'm not a big fan of rap but the chorus makes this song I love it so much why the hate I don't get it. 8/10

MANiCURE- So pop. I luv it, but not a stand out. 8/10

Do What U Want- Slays me so harddddddd her vocals are perf. 10/10

ArtPop- Love this song so much it completes the album and its so simple and beautiful. 10/10

Swine- I adore almost all of the song just not the squeal she makes. 9/10

Donatella- So fun and nostalgic and great and catchy and PERFECT UGH YAS. 10/10

Fashion!- I love it but like Amen Fashion more. Its great but I feel like it should have been done a little differently not a big fan of the piano thing. 8/10

Mary Jane Holland- This pot anthem is just such a masterpiece the briiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiidge yaaaaaaas. 10/10

Dope- Ok let me just say its amazing but it should have a been I wanna be with you. 9/10

Gypsy- Just perfectness I wanna cry I love you GODGA. 10/10

Applause- This song is amazing and it slays me but its just not as unique as the others, its a dance song thats for radio, and thats great but not as great as for instance Aura. 9/10

ARTPOP IS POP PERFECTION I LOVE EVERY SONG WITH A FIREY PASSION ITS THE BEST ALBUM EVER I DONT CARE WHAT ANYONE SAYS. cry4.gif' alt='cry3'> cry3 cry4.gif' alt='cry3'>

I have to give it a few more listens.

It's an intense album; I wish there was more ballad/piano-ga here. It's just too much at times with all the synths, 808s, and bass thrashing.

It's a dance album, so it's expected to be full of club hits.

It's a dance album, so it's expected to be full of club hits.

I understand what it is, but it's not what I fully want. I seldom listen to dance, so it takes some getting used to for me to listen to a whole album full of it. And yes, I'm bein' srs, I listen to slow rock jams most of the time for cryin' out loud :sistren:

1. Aura - 7/10 - I prefer the demo vocals tbh and idk I just expected more from the studio version. Still a great track though, plus the intro to Aura is a great album intro IMO

2. Venus - 9/10 #JUSTICE4VENUS,  should of been the second single, I just love it, the lyrics, the production, and the fact that Lordga herself produced this makes me appreciate it even more cry7

3. G.U.Y - 10/10 - One of my absolute favourites from the album, Zedd needs to produce a whole album for Gaga me thinks sass1.

4. Sexxx Dreams - Another of my favourites, 10/10.

5. Jewels and Drugs - I'm here for the instrumental, but I hate rap, so no thnx 3/10

6. Manicure - 10/10 one of my favourites, and I feel like it's already underrated but that might just be my flopinion fall4

7. Do What U Want - Its a perfect song, definitely a solid single choice I just like Venus as a single better, R. Kelly slays 8/10

8. ARTPOP - 2/10 - IDK, I just don't like it, the production is weird in a messy way  :tea:

9. Swine 10/10 - I knew hearing it during SWINEFEST I was going to love it, and I fucking do  ny3

10. Donatella - 8/10 - I LOVE LOVE LOVE the chorus, but the verses are a bit messy, Those lyrics. um3

11. Fashion! 2/10 - Its like elevator music, :icant:

12. Mary Jane Holland - 10/10 got baked to this song the other day and damn it was a good time. Another perfect track IMO and of course on my list of favs.

13. Dope - 5/10 - it's ok, doesn't really belong on this album, but those vocals cry7

14. Gypsy - 5/10 - Another song I dont really care for, just another filler song, 

15. Applause - 8/10 - Great song, bad first single choice lj1

Overall Score = 7

1. Aura - 7/10 - I prefer the demo vocals tbh and idk I just expected more from the studio version. Still a great track though, plus the intro to Aura is a great album intro IMO

2. Venus - 9/10 #JUSTICE4VENUS,  should of been the second single, I just love it, the lyrics, the production, and the fact that Lordga herself produced this makes me appreciate it even more cry7

3. G.U.Y - 10/10 - One of my absolute favourites from the album, Zedd needs to produce a whole album for Gaga me thinks sass1.

4. Sexxx Dreams - Another of my favourites, 10/10.

5. Jewels and Drugs - I'm here for the instrumental, but I hate rap, so no thnx 3/10

6. Manicure - 10/10 one of my favourites, and I feel like it's already underrated but that might just be my flopinion fall4

7. Do What U Want - Its a perfect song, definitely a solid single choice I just like Venus as a single better, R. Kelly slays 8/10

8. ARTPOP - 2/10 - IDK, I just don't like it, the production is weird in a messy way  :tea:

9. Swine 10/10 - I knew hearing it during SWINEFEST I was going to love it, and I fucking do  ny3

10. Donatella - 8/10 - I LOVE LOVE LOVE the chorus, but the verses are a bit messy, Those lyrics. um3

11. Fashion! 2/10 - Its like elevator music, :icant:

12. Mary Jane Holland - 10/10 got baked to this song the other day and damn it was a good time. Another perfect track IMO and of course on my list of favs.

13. Dope - 5/10 - it's ok, doesn't really belong on this album, but those vocals cry7

14. Gypsy - 5/10 - Another song I dont really care for, just another filler song, 

15. Applause - 8/10 - Great song, bad first single choice lj1

Overall Score = 7

You did NOT just give ARTPOP a 2.

lj1