DivineChristina

TV shows you're watching right now!

Does anyone know where I could watch How to get away with murder s5e14&15 for free online because I23movies is not working anymore I mean e14 was removed and 15 is not there

@Americunt I was reading through one of my TV threads from a few months ago and I caught that you watched the first season of Disenchantment - was just curious about your opinion of that show? I've been rewatching pretty much the entirety of Futurama over the past month and I've developed something of an urge to watch it, even though I don't have Netflix. Assuming you're a fan of Futurama and/or The Simpsons, how do you feel it compares to those shows?

47 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

@Americunt I was reading through one of my TV threads from a few months ago and I caught that you watched the first season of Disenchantment - was just curious about your opinion of that show? I've been rewatching pretty much the entirety of Futurama over the past month and I've developed something of an urge to watch it, even though I don't have Netflix. Assuming you're a fan of Futurama and/or The Simpsons, how do you feel it compares to those shows?

Disenchantment is definitely a different animal than either The Simpsons or Futurama. It's a lot closer in concept to Futurama, but it's way more serialized. This is an easy thing to miss, because on first watch, it seems like it's just another series with standalone episodes and maybe some light callbacks to prior stuff. It's definitely not as immediately laugh-out-loud funny as Futurama was (especially in the early seasons), but there are a lot of subtler gags that took me a couple watches to notice.

I think the general consensus is that it's not amazing on first watch, but improves a lot with another viewing. I would generally agree with that. As it stands, it ends on a hell of a cliffhanger and I think the second half of the first season has the potential to be a lot better than the first half.

12 hours ago, Americunt said:

Disenchantment is definitely a different animal than either The Simpsons or Futurama. It's a lot closer in concept to Futurama, but it's way more serialized. This is an easy thing to miss, because on first watch, it seems like it's just another series with standalone episodes and maybe some light callbacks to prior stuff. It's definitely not as immediately laugh-out-loud funny as Futurama was (especially in the early seasons), but there are a lot of subtler gags that took me a couple watches to notice.

I think the general consensus is that it's not amazing on first watch, but improves a lot with another viewing. I would generally agree with that. As it stands, it ends on a hell of a cliffhanger and I think the second half of the first season has the potential to be a lot better than the first half.

Interesting, I like the idea of them doing a longer overarching story as opposed to the generally very standalone episodes of The Simpsons and Futurama (unless you count the DVD movies that were later divided into four episodes each).

That's cool that you like Futurama - do you like the Where No Fan Has Gone Before episode? One of my personal favorites jj2 

4 hours ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

That's cool that you like Futurama - do you like the Where No Fan Has Gone Before episode? One of my personal favorites jj2 

It's a fun episode! Meta fan-centric scripts like that had been proposed as actual Star Trek episodes at various times (for example, a proposed VOY episode would've had the crew visiting a planet of people who'd been following their adventures for years), but the writers of the '90s shows ended up scrapping those concepts because they couldn't figure out a way to make an episode like that which didn't come off as mean-spirited. Futurama didn't have to pay too much lip service to respecting the audience, since they'd never shied away from lampooning other similar concepts, so they were really in the perfect position to pull it off without it feeling forced. I wouldn't say it's in my Top 10 or anything, but it's a decent episode. jj2 

im trying to go back in time and a all mty fav childhood shows but i can only find Spongebob on Amazon Prime streaming fall5 

found these DVDs tho

Spoiler

amazon.com/SpongeBob-SquarePants-Ultimate-Collection-Seasons/dp/B07VKFCRXC

amazon.com/Fosters-Home-Imaginary-Friends-Complete/dp/B000KJU16Y

amazon.com/Fosters-Home-Imaginary-Friends-Complete/dp/B000R17RTY

amazon.com/My-Life-Teenage-Robot-Season/dp/B006LA6KX4

amazon.com/My-Life-Teenage-Robot-Season/dp/B006LA6L6K

amazon.com/My-Life-Teenage-Robot-Season/dp/B006LA6LE2

amazon.com/Danny-Phantom-Complete-David-Kaufman/dp/B00FMGPVCO

amazon.com/Avatar-Airbender-Complete-Zach-Tyler/dp/B011MUA592

amazon.com/Rugrats-Complete-Seasons-G-Daily/dp/B0771KVLGW

amazon.com/Fairly-Odd-Parents-Collectors-Complete/dp/B07NN8XJB3