imahunter

Should Gaga let ARTPOP go???

The ARTPOP era has been very bleak for Lady Gaga, with Applause achieving lukewarm US-only success, peaking at #4 on the Hot 100 and #2 on the Hot Digtial Songs chart despite numerous televised performances. Her iOS app was hyped up as potentially being a revolutionary new way to deliver music to consumers, but it had no measurable impact. Do What U Want (what looked to be a sign of promise upon its debut when it first topped iTunes, a feat the lead single couldn't accomplish), is currently underperforming as well, dropping on iTunes while older songs like Roar have climbed back into the top 10. Its remix featuring big name rapper Rick Ross also failed to chart in the top 200 on iTunes. ARTPOP has also only sold 1.2 million worldwide in two months, a total Gaga's previous album sold in its first week of availability in the United States alone. With no more GP-friendly material on ARTPOP, should Lady Gaga just move on from this era already???

What's your opinion on the matter? Discuss.

Why would she move on when she's only on the second single dead2

This isn't Britney or Christina dead2

Britney and Xtina are at a very different stage in their careers

Besides, there's nothing shady on my post, just trying to discuss facts.

She has spent a lot of money and energy (tv performances etc) and gotten back so little from the general public in my opinion

I have lost a lot of interest in the era, but I think she can still keep on trying.

I think she made a bad choice with Do What You Want, and she shoud have kept on with Venus being a single, and maybe release DWYW as a third single.

Anyway, maybe she can fix this.

noooooo

ARTPOP is perfect and is my favorite of her albums

I DONT GIVE A FLYING FUCK WHETHER IT TOPPED CHARTS, OK SIS

ARTPOP era is what she needed to do with her career, whether or not is got her more money, she was bringing feeling and art back to pop music, and i could care less about how the gp looked at it

Problem is that she announced the art pop era like 2 years ago..then when it arrived there was no direction, there was no ' art pop' on the record at all..all the songs sound disjointed and consisting off several songs within 1. She lacks direction, looks wise and with the single.

While Applause performed good in the USA it was already out of the charts in Europe...the dwyw video is not here and the single is out of the charts almost everywhere...

I think she prepared for Venus and then DWYW being a promo single and doing so well made the label rethink and now they've fucked up.

There's so much negativity around her...for the general public she;s just an attention seeker and a Madonna-copy.

The ARTPOP era has been very bleak for Lady Gaga, with Applause achieving lukewarm US-only success, peaking at #4 on the Hot 100 and #2 on the Hot Digtial Songs chart despite numerous televised performances. Her iOS app was hyped up as potentially being a revolutionary new way to deliver music to consumers, but it had no measurable impact. Do What U Want (what looked to be a sign of promise upon its debut when it first topped iTunes, a feat the lead single couldn't accomplish), is currently underperforming as well, dropping on iTunes while older songs like Roar have climbed back into the top 10. Its remix featuring big name rapper Rick Ross also failed to chart in the top 200 on iTunes. ARTPOP has also only sold 1.2 million worldwide in two months, a total Gaga's previous album sold in its first week of availability in the United States alone. With no more GP-friendly material on ARTPOP, should Lady Gaga just move on from this era already???

What's your opinion on the matter? Discuss.

what performances? vma and GMA? that happened in august

Problem is that she announced the art pop era like 2 years ago..then when it arrived there was no direction, there was no ' art pop' on the record at all..all the songs sound disjointed and consisting off several songs within 1. She lacks direction, looks wise and with the single.

While Applause performed good in the USA it was already out of the charts in Europe...the dwyw video is not here and the single is out of the charts almost everywhere...

I think she prepared for Venus and then DWYW being a promo single and doing so well made the label rethink and now they've fucked up.

There's so much negativity around her...for the general public she;s just an attention seeker and a Madonna-copy.

actually song is charting everywhere except in australia

and actually no, general public couldn't care less for that thing, i really doubt they're googling "lady gaga copies madonna", no one cares for that shit outside forums.

AMA, SNL, The Voice :interesting:

Applause achieving lukewarm US-only success, peaking at #4 on the Hot 100 and #2 on the Hot Digtial Songs chart despite numerous televised performances.

pay attention :interesting:

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.