Kyoteki

Your opinion on Gaga's definition of a "True Fan"

A true fan is someone that doesn't post negativity, and is always kind online.

Seeing it's turning people away massively, what do you think of Gaga's definition of a true fan? What is your opinion on it? Is she right? Is she delusional as shit? Is she wrong? Why? Do you think true fans actually exist? Serve your opinion.

For one, her make up artists and producers can be quite rude and not even follow this negative statement and it was her life goal to piss Madonna off. So she doesn't even follow her definition of a "True Fan". The bitch needs to stop before alienating her fanbase even more, tbh xtina1

I still love her, tho.

I think as an artist you should be able to take criticism even from the fans, it can help you grow to be a better performer and artist instead of only focus "Oh my god she is amazing" it doesn't really help her to become better as a performer and as an artist.

If it's comments like "your a flop" etc. I would say just ignore it, as an artist you can't expect everything to be positive and people has different opinion about things.

I think as an artist you should be able to take criticism even from the fans, it can help you grow to be a better performer and artist instead of only focus "Oh my god she is amazing" it doesn't really help her to become better as a performer and as an artist.

If it's comments like "your a flop" etc. I would say just ignore it, as an artist you can't expect everything to be positive and people has different opinion about things.

This is something I've noticed about her, she's so involved with the stan wars that happen online and it's obviously affecting her. Like she needs to stop paying attention to that dead4

What a vague fucking definition dead2 When did she even say this?

Depends on what negativity is, tbh. I think a bunch of people are overreacting to this (@ moo1 ).

IMO, Negativity is bullying, harassment, discrimination. Insulting someone's looks online, calling them fat, etc. is what I think she means by "negativity": NOT constructive criticism. I don't honestly think that Gaga doesn't consider anyone who constructively criticizes someone not a "true" fan. Obviously we're all true fans (well, some of us at least), but we're all shady as fuck. She really just wants to promote kindness and make you think twice before you post something derogatory to something someone can't change. 

Ya'll have to stop overreacting to such a small thing. 

preparing to be scalped by gilly tbh

Obviously you didn't see the blowup on GagaDaily about this. Emma (from the Haus) announced it in a supremely bitchy manner and basically told everyone to shut up, because as a result of their negative attitudes, Gaga no longer reads GGD. It was the most disgusting display of favoritism and egotism I've seen from any artist. I mean, we all have hauteur to some degree, but to let yourself publicly appear that snobbish when your whole message is about acceptance, it makes me respect her a lot less.

Obviously you didn't see the blowup on GagaDaily about this. Emma (from the Haus) announced it in a supremely bitchy manner and basically told everyone to shut up, because as a result of their negative attitudes, Gaga no longer reads GGD. It was the most disgusting display of favoritism and egotism I've seen from any artist. I mean, we all have hauteur to some degree, but to let yourself publicly appear that snobbish when your whole message is about acceptance, it makes me respect her a lot less.

moo1

who the fuck cares tbh. i stopped going on gagadaily ages ago. unless gaga literally tweets or says "if u ever said anything negative about me ur not a true fan" i won't give two shits. 

also realize that despite what we think, gaga is a human and still has feelings. ARTPOP is probably something she really loves and coming off from pure fame and acclaim, she's now dealing with all this negative press and a lot of other shit. i don't blame her if she doesn't want to see criticism from her own fans. give her some time to cool off. she loves her fans and i really doubt she thinks you're not a true fan if you ever said anything bad to anyone.

Depends on what negativity is, tbh. I think a bunch of people are overreacting to this (@ moo1 ).

IMO, Negativity is bullying, harassment, discrimination. Insulting someone's looks online, calling them fat, etc. is what I think she means by "negativity": NOT constructive criticism. I don't honestly think that Gaga doesn't consider anyone who constructively criticizes someone not a "true" fan. Obviously we're all true fans (well, some of us at least), but we're all shady as fuck. She really just wants to promote kindness and make you think twice before you post something derogatory to something someone can't change. 

Perfectly said. sass1

/thread

I hope that's what she means too.

Criticism can help you see what you're doing wrong. I don't think it's ethical to prohibit people to criticise or dislike things you believe are right or that you like about your work. (as in: "I may love singing in falsetto, but I may be awful at it, and even if I love doing so, I can see that people tell me I'm not good at it.")

Ikr. dead2

Main thing I dn like about our fanbase. The DRAMA that rose from nowhere when Born This Way began

Seriously, most artists tell their fans to preach positivity and not dwell on the negativity. Actually most pop girls have lots of songs about it. As true stans we go on twitter, favourite, retweet, say we love them, then drag the next bitch who bad mouths her. Thats the life of being a true stan. sass1

Seriously, most artists tell their fans to preach positivity and not dwell on the negativity. Actually most pop girls have lots of songs about it. As true stans we go on twitter, favourite, retweet, say we love them, then drag the next bitch who bad mouths her. Thats the life of being a true stan. sass1

But our fave is so deep into internet drama it's affecting her. dead2

I completely understand what she means. These people on online forums who sit and complain about everything are not true fans because they thrive on complaining. People ruin era's for themselves, it's actually nothing to do with Gaga or the fanbases respective artists. If y'all weren't on forums you be happy and enjoying ARTPOP era without a shred of negativity in your minds.