Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Happerson

The Harold Song

I just found out that Harold from The Harold Song actually died.. I always thought the song was just about a relationship that didn't last :( This gives the song even more meaning to me right now.. Seriously, goosebumps all over my body and I could almost cry listening to it :'(

Her best song ever. Period.

You heard that from youtube right? Thats not true; The following is what the song is written about.

"Harold is about the only guy I've ever been in love with — and our relationship didn't work out, obviously. When I went to write it, I locked myself in a room and cried like a little bitch. I can't even listen to it. But I wanted to do a vulnerable song because it's a side of myself that people haven't seen. [...] [Harold is his real name], He's not getting away with a fake name. All men that date me have to know that their name may end up in a pop song. It's the best revenge: you can't get arrested for it, and everyone knows about it. And I like to be specific — I don't want any of the other losers I've dated to think the song was about them."

You heard that from youtube right? Thats not true; The following is what the song is written about.

"Harold is about the only guy I've ever been in love with — and our relationship didn't work out, obviously. When I went to write it, I locked myself in a room and cried like a little bitch. I can't even listen to it. But I wanted to do a vulnerable song because it's a side of myself that people haven't seen. [...] [Harold is his real name], He's not getting away with a fake name. All men that date me have to know that their name may end up in a pop song. It's the best revenge: you can't get arrested for it, and everyone knows about it. And I like to be specific — I don't want any of the other losers I've dated to think the song was about them."

+bummer+

Well, I''m glad for Harold that he is alive.. But him being dead actually made sense with the song too +shrug+

Still it's a beautiful song :flutter:

I cant the him being dead rumor... Youtube is a more valid source than Wikipedia these days, it would seem. +queenbitch+

I didnt take the source from wikipedia, i took it from her Spin magazine interview titled "Ke$ha On Her Haters: "I'm Not Going Anywhere". And actually, her wikipedia articles are some of the best articles out there.

I didnt take the source from wikipedia, i took it from her Spin magazine interview titled "Ke$ha On Her Haters: "I'm Not Going Anywhere". And actually, her wikipedia articles are some of the best articles out there.

was refering to Happy. :flutter: spit it on it and sit k$ stan :flutter:

I cant the him being dead rumor... Youtube is a more valid source than Wikipedia these days, it would seem. +queenbitch+

To clarify: I did NOT read that at YouTube... It was at SongMeaning.net (or something like that) so it seemed pretty valid +tehe3+

Anyway: The Harold Song +legend+

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.