Nicole Richie

Snooki's heartfelt message to Ke$ha

Snooki-talks-Keshas-eating-disorder.jpg

It was only a few years ago that we knew Nicole “Snooki” Polizzi as the hard-partying, bronzed reality star from the Jersey Shore. But underneath the wild child surface was a young woman struggling with her own positive self-image and a life-threatening eating disorder.

So in the days after learning Ke$ha entered rehab for her own battle with bulimia, Nicole wants to share a few words of wisdom and support for the 26-year-old singer.

“I want to hug Ke$ha,” Nicole told Celebuzz, “because I've had issues in the past with this and I applaud her for reaching out and getting help for herself.”

In an exclusive interview with CB!, Ke$ha's mother Pebe Sebert opened up about her famous daughter's longtime battle with constant dieting and how she's doing since entering a 30-day treatment program Jan. 3: “This is going to be really hard for her," said Pebe. "It’s been a part of her life for so long.”

"I'm a crusader for being yourself and loving yourself, but I've found it hard to practice," Ke$ha (real name is Kesha Sebert) said in a statement of her decision to seek help. "I'll be unavailable for the next 30 days, seeking treatment for my eating disorder... to learn to love myself again, exactly as I am."

For the 26-year-old TV star-turned-author and entrepreneur, Nicole decided to go public four years ago about her struggle with anorexia as a teenager. She confessed to OK! in 2010 it got so bad that her diet merely consisted of a cracker a day. Now a mom to nearly 1-year-old Lorenzo, she's been an staunch advocate for staying healthy.

And Nicole wants the “Timber” songstress to know she is behind her 100 percent.

“I am a HUGE fan of Ke$ha’s quirkiness and it makes me sad to know she suffers and doesn't have confidence in herself,” she added. “I wish Ke$ha all the best in her recovery and I truly hope she realizes what a BEAUTIFUL soul she really is. Love you Kesh!”