LÉON

Stevie Nicks

6 hours ago, Modern Woman said:

Yes I did mad5 Outside The Rain, Think About It, Edge of Seventeen and Stop Draggin' My Heart Around are the only songs I use. She should have taken the hint when the people she wrote Leather & Lace for turned it down ew1 Do you agree that the Timespace version of Stand Back is superior? The original sounds too fuzzy to my ears jj3 

RAL reissue needs to contain a 2nd disc of all the Mirror Mirror album outtakes cry6 Incl. the original version of the title track. 

Book of Henry? shock1 Flop stan am I, let me go and research. 

I will be broken in two when Stevie Nicks dies but I will also be glad to have all the unreleased material jj4 

Kind of Woman, Bella Donna, How Still My Love etc wat2 And yes, my copy of TWH (which is the first CD pressing) has a horrible version of Stand Back. The drum machine/synth intro starts really quietly and gradually builds into the first verse but overall it is still lower in volume than the other songs wendy4 I assumed Stand Back on Timespace was just a remastered version.

We need RAL remastered and reissued. I'd love to hear the original Jimmy Iovine Mirror Mirror tracks too cry6 

The new song is 'Your Hand I Will Never Let It Go'. Not sure if she wrote it or it was given to her, but the title seems like something she'd write jj3 It's cute but nothing special jj3 

2 hours ago, Courtney Love said:

Kind of Woman, Bella Donna, How Still My Love etc wat2 And yes, my copy of TWH (which is the first CD pressing) has a horrible version of Stand Back. The drum machine/synth intro starts really quietly and gradually builds into the first verse but overall it is still lower in volume than the other songs wendy4 I assumed Stand Back on Timespace was just a remastered version.

We need RAL remastered and reissued. I'd love to hear the original Jimmy Iovine Mirror Mirror tracks too cry6 

The new song is 'Your Hand I Will Never Let It Go'. Not sure if she wrote it or it was given to her, but the title seems like something she'd write jj3 It's cute but nothing special jj3 

Those 3 tracks are cute, HSML is probably the best of them, but the title track is overlong and never really takes off wat2 No it's a remix, along with If Anyone Falls, which is slightly more guitar-heavy than the original - particularly in the intro. Stand Back sounds like a demo in its original form jj3 

Yasss Jimmy Iovine ha best producer. I also need a proper CD version of The Nightmare 12" Remix because those "how dare he!"s snatch me every time.

That title alone makes me think - keep it jj3 Apparently it was written for her. Has she ever had a good song written for her? Aside from Talk To Me, of course yas2 

24 minutes ago, Modern Woman said:

Those 3 tracks are cute, HSML is probably the best of them, but the title track is overlong and never really takes off wat2 No it's a remix, along with If Anyone Falls, which is slightly more guitar-heavy than the original - particularly in the intro. Stand Back sounds like a demo in its original form jj3 

Yasss Jimmy Iovine ha best producer. I also need a proper CD version of The Nightmare 12" Remix because those "how dare he!"s snatch me every time.

That title alone makes me think - keep it jj3 Apparently it was written for her. Has she ever had a good song written for her? Aside from Talk To Me, of course yas2 

I don't think The Nightmare needs to be any longer.  It is already quite repetitive xtina1 And no good songs written for her? mad5 Stop Draggin' My Heart Around, I Will Run To You, Seven Wonders and Sometimes It's A Bitch? um2 

What do you think of her Fleetwood Mac material? oprah4 

12 minutes ago, Courtney Love said:

I don't think The Nightmare needs to be any longer.  It is already quite repetitive xtina1 And no good songs written for her? mad5 Stop Draggin' My Heart Around, I Will Run To You, Seven Wonders and Sometimes It's A Bitch? um2 

What do you think of her Fleetwood Mac material? oprah4 

Seven Wonders was a co-write, but I'll give you SDMHA and IWRTY (they're the kind of songs she would write herself so I forget they're by Tom Petty.RIP). SIAB is awful, though, and that was what I first thought of when I made that statement jj3 

Have you heard the 12" Mix though? yas2 

I think she's the best thing about Fleetwood Mac. Gypsy is in my top 3 all-time favourite songs cry6 I only really use FM albums because of ha, she even upstages Christine on Little Lies, even though she only has one line ny1 You?

17 minutes ago, Modern Woman said:

Seven Wonders was a co-write, but I'll give you SDMHA and IWRTY (they're the kind of songs she would write herself so I forget they're by Tom Petty.RIP). SIAB is awful, though, and that was what I first thought of when I made that statement jj3 

Have you heard the 12" Mix though? yas2 

I think she's the best thing about Fleetwood Mac. Gypsy is in my top 3 all-time favourite songs cry6 I only really use FM albums because of ha, she even upstages Christine on Little Lies, even though she only has one line ny1 You?

The only thing that she 'co-wrote' about Seven Wonders was singing the lyrics 'all the way down to Emmaline' rather than 'all the way down along the line' jj3 I guess she wanted that Beyonce style writing credit hay1

I haven't heard The Nightmare's 12" edit yet, I'll have to listen. And I really enjoy FM but agree Stevie's compositions are the best bey5 In saying that I do like most of Christine and Lindsay's too but apparently they did her dirty brit4 Leaving her songs out and ignoring Lindsay's abuse brit4 

30 minutes ago, Courtney Love said:

The only thing that she 'co-wrote' about Seven Wonders was singing the lyrics 'all the way down to Emmaline' rather than 'all the way down along the line' jj3 I guess she wanted that Beyonce style writing credit hay1

I haven't heard The Nightmare's 12" edit yet, I'll have to listen. And I really enjoy FM but agree Stevie's compositions are the best bey5 In saying that I do like most of Christine and Lindsay's too but apparently they did her dirty brit4 Leaving her songs out and ignoring Lindsay's abuse brit4 

Read me for filth fall8 You're right, I'd forgotten that she misheard that lyric and thus got herself a credit rip4 

What did you think of the remix? mad1 

What's your favourite FM song? And I will never forgive Lindsay for depriving us of Silver Springs on Rumours and giving us some of his/Christine's fillers instead nat2 

19 hours ago, Modern Woman said:

Read me for filth fall8 You're right, I'd forgotten that she misheard that lyric and thus got herself a credit rip4 

What did you think of the remix? mad1 

What's your favourite FM song? And I will never forgive Lindsay for depriving us of Silver Springs on Rumours and giving us some of his/Christine's fillers instead nat2 

She's a cute girl, very lowkey might prefer her to the album version mad1 

It's hard to say but I've never been a huge fan of Landslide and my all time fav is The Chain hay1 I'll say a favourite for each vocalist: Christine - Little Lies or You Make Loving Fun, Lindsay - Tusk and Stevie I'd have to say Gypsy ny10 I think Lindsay could have been jealous of her fame lbr, they were in it together from the start and just about everybody gravitated towards Stevie when they broke jj2 

5 hours ago, Courtney Love said:

She's a cute girl, very lowkey might prefer her to the album version mad1 

It's hard to say but I've never been a huge fan of Landslide and my all time fav is The Chain hay1 I'll say a favourite for each vocalist: Christine - Little Lies or You Make Loving Fun, Lindsay - Tusk and Stevie I'd have to say Gypsy ny10 I think Lindsay could have been jealous of her fame lbr, they were in it together from the start and just about everybody gravitated towards Stevie when they broke jj2 

mad1 Glad I've semi-won you round.

Landslide is a bit dull (although the live remix was a mini-bop). Gypsy cry7 I bought the Mirage re-release just so I could finally have the Video Version. Agrih with the McVie choices, although GYOW or Big Love >> Tusk for Lindsay. I love that he was essentially pressed at Stevie's solo success while he flopped on his own ny1 It's a shame FM disintegrated after he left, I personally liked the addition of those 2 other guys whose names I forget. Those guitars on NQA and Affairs of the Heart cry7 

Time though jj3 

Bottlerock Napa Valley Setlist

1. Outside the Rain

2. Stop Draggin' My Heart Around (with Harry Styles)

3. Talk to Me

4. Dreams

5. If Anyone Falls

6. Landslide

7. Enchanted

8. After the Glitter Fades

9. Rhiannon

10. Gypsy

11. Nightbird

12. Leather and Lace (with Don Henley)

13. Lady

14. I Can't Wait

15. Stand Back

16. Sara

17. Edge of Seventeen

18. Has Anyone Ever Written Anything for You?

22 hours ago, Chris Morlock said:

I really need to get to know more than her debut album jj3

Make your way from 1973's Buckingham Nicks album through to present day. Everything always has that Stevie feel but her voice changed over the decades and the music was usually made in an attempt to stay current so it reflects its time; as an example, some songs demoed over various albums can have a completely different arrangement than what was previously attempted. It's my opinion Stevie is best enjoyed moving chronologically, mixing the solo and group material.

And if you like a particular sound, she has plenty of unreleased material for just about every era jj2 

58 minutes ago, Courtney Love said:

Make your way from 1973's Buckingham Nicks album through to present day. Everything always has that Stevie feel but her voice changed over the decades and the music was usually made in an attempt to stay current so it reflects its time; as an example, some songs demoed over various albums can have a completely different arrangement than what was previously attempted. It's my opinion Stevie is best enjoyed moving chronologically, mixing the solo and group material.

And if you like a particular sound, she has plenty of unreleased material for just about every era jj2 

My inbox is always open