LÉON

Stevie Nicks

12 hours ago, Courtney Love said:

Make your way from 1973's Buckingham Nicks album through to present day. Everything always has that Stevie feel but her voice changed over the decades and the music was usually made in an attempt to stay current so it reflects its time; as an example, some songs demoed over various albums can have a completely different arrangement than what was previously attempted. It's my opinion Stevie is best enjoyed moving chronologically, mixing the solo and group material.

And if you like a particular sound, she has plenty of unreleased material for just about every era jj2 

I was actually going to suggest to @Chris Morlock to listen to her albums chronologically, because if you dove in at, say, Rock A Little, it would be a bit of a shock if you've only heard her first solo album. The Wild Heart is a good bridge between BD and RAL.

I wouldn't bother with Street Angel though jj3

I'm kind of envious that I can't discover Stevie all over again cry9 I spent many nights trawling through her discography after Gypsy and Stand Back first took my wig.

8 hours ago, Sleep Deprived said:

I was actually going to suggest to @Chris Morlock to listen to her albums chronologically, because if you dove in at, say, Rock A Little, it would be a bit of a shock if you've only heard her first solo album. The Wild Heart is a good bridge between BD and RAL.

I wouldn't bother with Street Angel though jj3

I'm kind of envious that I can't discover Stevie all over again cry9 I spent many nights trawling through her discography after Gypsy and Stand Back first took my wig.

I hate it when I discover an artist decades into their career cos the I don't get a full experience of their first years. 

12 minutes ago, Chris Morlock said:

I hate it when I discover an artist decades into their career cos the I don't get a full experience of their first years. 

I would love to have been there when Edge of Seventeen dropped oprah10 

Can you imagine the hair loss in 1981?

20 minutes ago, Sleep Deprived said:

I would love to have been there when Edge of Seventeen dropped oprah10 

Can you imagine the hair loss in 1981?

I always think about what is do if I was born in the 80s or even 90s. My brother told me that is be completely different just cos it was a different time.

On 5/16/2020 at 8:47 PM, Simón. said:

Seems like @LÉON and me stan at least one person together rose1

On 5/16/2020 at 9:13 PM, tomás said:

you stan stevie too? girl your taste we

On 5/16/2020 at 9:25 PM, Simón. said:

Yes giveup3 Rock a Little and Trouble in Shangri-La ugh giveup3 

On 5/16/2020 at 9:36 PM, tomás said:

OMG WEEE giveup3 my faves are bella donna and the wild heart ugh the ART giveup3 

oprah4 oprah3 This delights me to no end cry7

Rock A Little doesn't get the praise it deserves. The only album of hers that I like from beginning to end. Sister Honey did THAT alex1

BD and TWH are also strong, although Leather & Lace is trash1

Fave song overall, gorls?

1 minute ago, LÉON said:

Rock A Little doesn't get the praise it deserves. The only album of hers that I like from beginning to end. Sister Honey did THAT alex1

I sing for things, Planets of the Universe, Sorcerer cry4

(i kinda stan new orleans too) 

17 minutes ago, Simón. said:

I sing for things, Planets of the Universe, Sorcerer cry4

(i kinda stan new orleans too) 

"I'll take off my cape for you

I'll take down my hair for you" oprah3

So emotional, yet dramatic yas2

It took me a while to get into Sorcerer but not it's a low-key favourite.

What do you think of her later material? 24 Karat Gold was... not what I wanted from her vast collection of unreleaseds.

57 minutes ago, LÉON said:

yeah we don't use leather & lace at all bebe1

my faves have to be "how still my love", "sable on blonde", "outside the rain", "sister honey", "rooms on fire" and "desert angel" juicy1 the talentry ma

3 minutes ago, tomás said:

yeah we don't use leather & lace at all bebe1

my faves have to be "how still my love", "sable on blonde", "outside the rain", "sister honey", "rooms on fire" and "desert angel" juicy1 the talentry ma

juicy1 All 24 Karat Gold classics juicy1 Sable on Blonde was one I skipped for a long time, then one autumn day it hit me and I've loved it ever since juicy1

I don't like any of her "Angel" songs bebe1 I find them too cringe. Sometimes It's A Bitch is also awful bebe1

2 minutes ago, LÉON said:

juicy1 All 24 Karat Gold classics juicy1 Sable on Blonde was one I skipped for a long time, then one autumn day it hit me and I've loved it ever since juicy1

I don't like any of her "Angel" songs bebe1 I find them too cringe. Sometimes It's A Bitch is also awful bebe1

I haven't heard an album by her in full for a long time bebe1 I have a playlist on Spotify for her so I only listen to maybe 20 bebe1 but I really should re-listen to her albums. Do you like fleetwood mac too? juicy1 

Just now, tomás said:

I haven't heard an album by her in full for a long time bebe1 I have a playlist on Spotify for her so I only listen to maybe 20 bebe1 but I really should re-listen to her albums. Do you like fleetwood mac too? juicy1 

Yes juicy1 Mostly Stevie songs too, although Christine has a few cute tracks (Lindsey has one or two bebe1). Gypsy is my overall fave from FM/SN alex1

Just now, LÉON said:

Yes juicy1 Mostly Stevie songs too, although Christine has a few cute tracks (Lindsey has one or two bebe1). Gypsy is my overall fave from FM/SN alex1

omg same juicy1 omg gypsy is in my top 5 for FM, the other are Gold Dust Woman, Rhiannon, Dreams and Everywhere/Sara/Big Love/Seven Wonders, I always switch between those for 5th place bebe1 

1 minute ago, tomás said:

omg same juicy1 omg gypsy is in my top 5 for FM, the other are Gold Dust Woman, Rhiannon, Dreams and Everywhere/Sara/Big Love/Seven Wonders, I always switch between those for 5th place bebe1 

I never knew you had such taste juicy1 Never would have guessed during the "rhi" era orangu1

All those others are excellent, Sara is probably my second-favourite FM song. The outro oprah3

Little Lies is also a BOP yes? alex1

Do you like any other artists who were big in the 70s/80s?

1 minute ago, LÉON said:

I never knew you had such taste juicy1 Never would have guessed during the "rhi" era orangu1

All those others are excellent, Sara is probably my second-favourite FM song. The outro oprah3

Little Lies is also a BOP yes? alex1

Do you like any other artists who were big in the 70s/80s?

"rhi" is literally because when i'm gaming i go by rhiannon SKSKKS i started using it in 2016 not knowing it was a girl's name and the brasilian gorls on the game i play the most already know me by rhiannon so i stuck with it bebe1 
little lies legendary i'd say juicy1 christine did what she had to do with that one

i used to be a huge michael jackson stan but i don't use him that much if at all anymore because... well bebe1 i do still love minnie riperton juicy1 and tina turner/aretha but i haven't heard much of their discographies

but most of the 60s/70s/80s artists i listen to aren't american so idk if you'll be familiar with them... elis regina, mercedes sosa, astrud gilberto, yma sumac, etc bebe1 

4 minutes ago, tomás said:

"rhi" is literally because when i'm gaming i go by rhiannon SKSKKS i started using it in 2016 not knowing it was a girl's name and the brasilian gorls on the game i play the most already know me by rhiannon so i stuck with it bebe1 
little lies legendary i'd say juicy1 christine did what she had to do with that one

i used to be a huge michael jackson stan but i don't use him that much if at all anymore because... well bebe1 i do still love minnie riperton juicy1 and tina turner/aretha but i haven't heard much of their discographies

but most of the 60s/70s/80s artists i listen to aren't american so idk if you'll be familiar with them... elis regina, mercedes sosa, astrud gilberto, yma sumac, etc bebe1 

The way you didn't tell anyone why you were called that when they asked you the other day rip2 You should have given Stevie some promo sis ny1

Christine always does what she has to do, which is not very much, but sometimes it slaps.

MJ is trash1 feb1 Les Fleurs by Minnie Ripperton is THAT bitch. Tina Turner's Private Dancer album is a classic.gif.

I've heard of Astrud Gilberto bebe1

I like this song:

38 minutes ago, LÉON said:

The way you didn't tell anyone why you were called that when they asked you the other day rip2 You should have given Stevie some promo sis ny1

Christine always does what she has to do, which is not very much, but sometimes it slaps.

MJ is trash1 feb1 Les Fleurs by Minnie Ripperton is THAT bitch. Tina Turner's Private Dancer album is a classic.gif.

I've heard of Astrud Gilberto bebe1

I like this song:

girl it was too long i didn't feel like typing all that rip4 but tea maybe i shouldve promoted the best female singer in rock music juicy1 
also the subtle christine shade weeeee dead4 
i looove MJ's first 3 albums, his debut specially, but i just can't listen to him after everything that's happened bebe1 it doesn't feel like it used to plus i feel guilty after so bebe1 

come to my garden is minnie's best imo ugh the ART juicy1 one thing i hate abt streaming old music tho is that spotify always has some type of "remastered" tag on my shit rip4 like i don't need that shit there clap1 you can put it in the album title if you want but is it really necessary for EVERY song to have a remastered tag clap1 i think the fuck not clap1 

also i have no idea what that song you sent is rip4 have u heard the original?