LÉON

Cyndi Lauper

2 minutes ago, Dash My Wig said:

OMG queen of charity and music taste. We used to bin all CD singles and cassettes rip3 Our shop was more modern than yours it seems. 

Which charity did you work for?

I worked for Salvation Army last summer. Most of the CDs were stored in boxes because the CD shelf was really small and people didn't buy any of the CDs. So sometimes the manager felt like randomly changing things in the store and finally decided to change the CDs on the shelf but sometimes if they were on the shelf for so long they would get thrown away.

I also worked in another shop called Lions Bookshop which also sold used CDs and Cassettes. I remember someone once came with a big bag of cassettes and the store manager just told us to throw them away because they had too many on the shelves and people weren't buying them rip4

11 minutes ago, Skyline said:

I worked for Salvation Army last summer. Most of the CDs were stored in boxes because the CD shelf was really small and people didn't buy any of the CDs. So sometimes the manager felt like randomly changing things in the store and finally decided to change the CDs on the shelf but sometimes if they were on the shelf for so long they would get thrown away.

I also worked in another shop called Lions Bookshop which also sold used CDs and Cassettes. I remember someone once came with a big bag of cassettes and the store manager just told us to throw them away because they had too many on the shelves and people weren't buying them rip4

I used to refuse cassettes (and video tapes) ny1 Whereabouts in the UK are you btw? Never even heard of Lions Bookshop. 

Just now, Dash My Wig said:

I used to refuse cassettes (and video tapes) ny1 Whereabouts in the UK are you btw? Never even heard of Lions Bookshop. 

I live in the south of England, about an hour or 2 from London. Lions Bookshop is fairly local I think, which is probably why you've never heard of it dead2

On 24 October 2017 at 10:52 PM, R A D A R O U T S O L D said:

Still has like three major bops ayumi1

Same with Cyndi / Britney / I'm not sure who you're referring to at this point jj4 

1 hour ago, Skyline said:

@Hylia what do you think of Cyndi's new song?

She also recently covered a song by Tegan and Sara

I’ll have to listen to these when I get home. The only song I listened to from that Con X covers album was the Trashique one, which was cute. Tegan & Sara don’t do anything for me, but hopefully I’ll enjoy Cyndi’s cover 

4 hours ago, Modern Woman said:

I was thinking the other day how her voice hasn't faded, unlike other artists several years into her career creep1 

Her voice is still quite strong. Obviously her vocal peak was in her 20s/30s but she can still sing quite good considering that she's in her 60s now.