Alek

Femme Fatale Secrets

tumblr_mjui2kTXoQ1rwf92xo1_500.gif

-  The original concept for the album was apparently to include a lot of mid-tempos, and something with a harder rock and hip-hop edge. This was Britney’s idea, and Jive even let her start recording some songs, but they didn’t really like how it was turning out and wanted something more conventional/radio-friendly.

-  Dr.Luke and Max Martin took over production duties almost any of the songs by other producers were rejected in favor of songs by their team, and the direction was for the most part changed to electro dance pop.

-  The change in direction from Britney’s concept for “Femme Fatale” could also be one of the main reasons for the album’s lack of promotion.

-  Britney worked with Danja and they produced something with “more urban sound”.

- Britney started recording tracks for the album, as well as new tracks for “The Singles Collection”, in July 2009.

-  Britney was inspired by alternative band Lifehouse for a ballad for the album.

-  Britney confirmed she recorded at least 50 songs for “Femme Fatale”.

-  Dr. Luke leaked some song’s teasers to disguise fans about the lack album promotion.

-  I Wanna Go, Criminal and Up N Down were recorded at the same time as 3.

-  “Hold it Against Me” was rumored to originally have lyrics during the breakdown that were omitted. During the bridge a male vocal saying “I want you” and “I want to taste your kiss” was also not used.

-   “I Wanna Go” is registered to ASCAP as “I I I Wanna Go O O” and “Criminal” is registered as “In Love With a Criminal”. Big Fat Bass is registered as “Big Fat Ass”.

-   Dr. Luke originally wrote “Hold It Against Me” for Katy Perry.

-   “Up & Down”, “Criminal” and “I Wanna Go” were initially recorded in summer 2009 for “The Singles Collection”. “Trouble for Me” was also one of the first songs recorded. The rest of the album was recorded from December 2011 to March 2012.

-   “I Wanna Go” was considered to be the second single and “Big Fat Bass” the third.
Radio 1 announced “Criminal” as the third single in the UK but this was changed.

-  In October 2011, Bonnie McKee posted on her Twitter the original draft of Hold It Against Me. [PHOTO]

-  An online poll had fans choose from three songs to be the fourth single, “Inside Out”, “Criminal” and “Drop Dead Beautiful”. It’s possible these were the only songs in consideration to be released.
The artwork for the CD single for “Criminal” was in fact made by a fan.

-  Britney wrote the bridge to “Don’t Keep Me Waiting” but was not credited due to submitting the lyrics days before “Femme Fatale” was due to go to press, meaning Jive did not have the time to add her name to the credits. However, Britney has been uncredited for songs she’d been confirmed to write before.

-  An insider said Britney wrote a song for her fiance titled “Light at Night” but decided not to use it for the album due to wanting to keep her relationship private.

-  “FEMME FATALE” enters the top 10 on the Most Popular Trend in History with 6 days, 8 hours and 30 minutes.

-  In August 2011, @HalfMartian leaked 10 Femme Fatale’s demos, including Sorry Adam, Red Is The color etc.

-  Femme Fatale was the first album to give Britney three Top 10 hits.

Songs That Were Considered For Femme Fatale

-  "Burning Up" - not recorded for Femme Fatale, but recorded during this era (in 2011). Studio version of the cover of the Madonna song she performed on the Femme Fatale Tour in 2011. Leaked online in 2011.

- "Everyday" - written by Xandy Barry and Wally Gagel. Leaked online in October 2011.

- "Secret" - 37-second snippet leaked on New Years Day 2012. It's a possibilty this is the same song as "My Big Secret", another unreleased Britney song which was produced by The Neptunes.

- "Pleasure You" - song was revealed in an article on Radaronline.com in 2010. Don Phillip mixed the vocals from his song "Say What" and leaked it in July 2012. Britney's solo version has yet to leak.

- "Human Nature" - produced by the Outsyders. KBriscoe, the one who did vocals on the demo of the song, played a few seconds of the demo & it can be found online. She also had the instrumental of the song playing in the background of her web chats.

-  "Tear the Club Up" - produced by the Outsyders, demo version leaked online in 2011. It is unknown if Britney recorded this song or not.

- "Sorry Adam" - produced by Nasri, demo leaked online in 2011.

- "Red is the Colour" - also known as "The Colour Of My Love", produced by Cutfather, demo leaked online in 2011. Britney has been confirmed to have recorded this song by one of the song's writers on Twitter.

- "Love is War" - written and produced by Fraser T. Smith, demo leaked online in 2011.

- "Connected" - produced by Bloodshy & Avant, demo leaked online in 2011.

- "My First Love" - produced by Bloodshy & Avant, demo leaked online in 2011.

- "I Need a Change" - written by Ester Dean and produced by Stargate. Demo sung by Ester Dean leaked online in 2011.

- "Outta My Head" - demo leaked online in 2010.

- "Black Widow" - demo by Myah Marie leaked online in 2011.

- "Rules Of Attraction" - written by Bonnie McKee and Fraser T. Smith

-"I Dare You" - written by Bonnie McKee & Fraser T. Smith

- "Antidote"

- "Chaos"

- "Fed-Ex" - produced by Shakur Green.

- "Poison" - produced by Shakur Green.

- "Ambulance" - written by Nicole Morier and produced by Bloodshy & Avant.

- "Bad Behaviour "- produced by Danja and Tiesto.

- "Insatiable" - produced by Bloodshy & Avant.

- "Hallucination" - written by Sky Ferriera and produced by Bloodshy & Avant.

- "Being Britney" - written by Jessie J. Jessie J confirmed in an interview Britney did NOT record this song. 

I think Britney has been wanting to do a slightly urban, more experimental album with mid-tempos ever since Blackout. That's basically the same rumor we've got for what the original direction of her last three albums has been.

But at least with Britney Jean she got to do a lot more song writing and it made it to the album. She also got her mid-tempos which the album is full of. 

I think Britney has been wanting to do a slightly urban, more experimental album with mid-tempos ever since Blackout. That's basically the same rumor we've got for what the original direction of her last three albums has been.

But at least with Britney Jean she got to do a lot more song writing and it made it to the album. She also got her mid-tempos which the album is full of. 

That's smth she likes, I mean she likes stuff Robyn, Adele, Justin are doing.....

I would have sworn Everyday was for Circus as during that era the song was already registered on BMI and the producer that polished her vocals taleked about the song and how he didn't have to do anything really with her voice that it already sounded good.