Bayonetta

why isn't there a real male pop star?

He's one of the most soulless performer and musician imo. He has no soul or passion in his music imho. I badly want a male pop artist like Rihanna and Britney with a bit of Beyonce

Bitch, if you can't get a pop girl to be a mix of those three, what makes you think you'll find a dude that way....

Moreover, you could have left Rihanna and Britney out of the mix. Beyonce is everything both of the other girls want to be....oop.

And ur wrong about Justin, period.

kbye.

Agreed. Their music is literally the last thing on earth I'd listen to vomit1

I don't really like Justin's music, but he gets away with making pop music because his upbeat songs have enough R&B undertones so that the music is similar to Usher or Robin Thicke or they're easy-listening, adult contemporary songs like Mirrors or What Goes Around

So true. Everytime I hear them at TV, I feel so awk, seein' those videos with sex and chicks um1 

I am not a fan of Justin's music aswell, but he has a few bops like Mirrors ny1 

Because straight guys in general don't like pop music um3 They'd rather make other kinds. 

And tbh, it sounds really awkward to me when I hear Adam Lambert or Enrique Iglesias sing their music um3

Who said the pop star needed to be straight? um2

Cool, you feel uncomfortable. Some people would enjoy it.

The main reason I think there isn't any is because if a male pop star was to be different, provocative and push boundaries they'd get a lot backlash. 

I mean JB and Austin Mahone are popular cause teenage girls will always exist. 

Adam Lambert was slightly more towards what you're talking about but was never big. I mean his gayness was off putting for straight men and it just didn't work well for him in the end. Even when he toned it all down for his second album it didn't work super well.

I think it's possible for a male version of Gaga or Madonna to work but it'd be much harder I think than if they were female. 

I hope it does happen one day though.

The stuff that adam labert did was predictable , there are so many ways to push boundaries and create controversy without coming across as "gay" if you know what i mean, macklemore KINDA did that with same love , he made some fun music, but he also created controversy and sort of pushed some little boundaries with his performance at the grammys, even though he's a rapper. 

So true. Everytime I hear them at TV, I feel so awk, seein' those videos with sex and chicks um1

I am not a fan of Justin's music aswell, but he has a few bops like Mirrors ny1

Ikr, it's like his music videos are supposed to appeal to straight men, but what guy is going to be watching an Enrique video in the first place carla1

Mirrors is a very cute song oprah2

Who said the pop star needed to be straight? um2

Cool, you feel uncomfortable. Some people would enjoy it.

I assumed that's what she meant since it's hard enough for a gay guy to be a star in the first place, nonetheless a pop star.  gaga8

There are obviously people who do, as they sell at least a few thousand records. Was just adding on my personal preference  gaga8

Ikr, it's like his music videos are supposed to appeal to straight men, but what guy is going to be watching an Enrique video in the first place carla1

Mirrors is a very cute song oprah2

I don't even know if they have stans like the gurls fall1 That's so messed up fall3.gif' alt='fall2'>

Let's bop together demi1

I don't even know if they have stans like the gurls fall1 That's so messed up fall3.gif' alt='fall2'>

Let's bop together demi1

Adam has a dedicated group of gay stans, but not nearly large enough to make any kind of impact  demi1 It's because no juan can relate to them really  demi1

*bops head a bit*   demi1

Adam has a dedicated group of gay stans, but not nearly large enough to make any kind of impact  demi1 It's because no juan can relate to them really  demi1

*bops head a bit*   demi1

What kind of songs does he have ? fall3.gif' alt='fall2'>

Nobody can relate dead4 poor dat fall5

I really Adam Lambert and his first era elevated him to male popstar status. His second album is just as good or better but his label really didn't support him.

He's been working on a new album but basically nothing is known about the direction or when it'll drop. Possibly this year or early next year.

I mention him because I think he took risks and was an interesting artist. He charted well for his first album being an openly gay male pop artist singing the kind of tracks you'd expect from the other pop girls along with an un-subdued image.

What kind of songs does he have ? fall3.gif' alt='fall2'>

Nobody can relate dead4 poor dat fall5

He literally gets the pop g0rls' leftovers  brit5  Like his only hit was a P!nk reject I think brit5 And his second album was full of Max martin/Dr. Luke songs that I know Katy/Britney would never touch because they're too generic brit5

I do like his song Aftermath tho. Has a rock edge to it. His voice is perfect for rock. Way too awkward for dance pop brit5

He literally gets the pop g0rls' leftovers  brit5  Like his only hit was a P!nk reject I think brit5 And his second album was full of Max martin/Dr. Luke songs that I know Katy/Britney would never touch because they're too generic brit5

I do like his song Aftermath tho. Has a rock edge to it. His voice is perfect for rock. Way too awkward for dance pop brit5

fall4

He's one of the most soulless performer and musician imo. He has no soul or passion in his music imho. I badly want a male pop artist like Rihanna and Britney with a bit of Beyonce

Soulless ? fall1 WTF! He has more soul than Rihanna and Britney put together. 

He has gone more R&B recently, but that's just because he has done the whole pop thing for a decade now - *N Sync music, Justified, Futuresex and all his collabs.

they're rappers though  um2

why do y'all assume that a male pop star who does shit has to be feminine/drag queen?? :ew2:

I'm not assuming anything, i just thought it was catchy um2 

Why do you except a male popstar to do? male popstars aren't big cause they're boring most of the time

i mean...their skills and chances are rather limited. The only male "popstar" that was actually relevant besides JT, JB, MJ etc was Marilyn Manson but the columbine massacre exposure kinda destroyed the little career he had in the 90s.

Austin Mahone, Cody Simpson etc are all flop label puppet failures that just tried to be like JB, who sucks too. Adam almost had it right but was too focused on being gay and popular and provocative with all the kissing and humping other guys in his performances. Justin Timberlake is way overrated and just as boring as someone like Bruno Mars, their routines are limited to R&B-hip hop-pop combinations while hopping around in a suit and bow tie.

The last real provocative entertainers we had were Freddie Mercury and Michael Jackson... I just wonder if the music industry as it is today will allow room for a male entertainer like them who breaks the mold that currently dominates male entertainers. :interesting:

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.