BadGal_

P!nk won, didn't she?

There was a time when Xtina, Britney and P!nk battled the pop scene in the early 2000's. Britney and Xtina were favorites because of their looks, controversial behavior, etc... while P!nk was kind of the "other-alternative" choice.

Fast forward 14 years and P!nk just finished one of the biggest female tours of all time (actually bigger than all Brit and Xtina ours), her last album sold 6 million copies and spawned 3 big hits and is highly respected by her peers and industry.

Meanwhile Britney is now a piss poor pop star whose last album is seen as a major flop and was trashed by critics and her performances are similar to those of a Walking Dead extra. On the other hand Xtina has seen hard times with her last two albums, no touring whatsoever but she has seen success in live TV and in some musical collaborations that have kept her name out there.

Do you think P!nk got the last laugh? 

tumblr_ml5rb3YiYs1rythgxo1_500.gif

No, because Christina and Britney made way bigger impact,  and they are both more relevant than her, her overall sales are way behind Britney's. About tour success, Pink's last tour had 50% more tour dates than Circus tour, so ofc she will make more money....and in my eyes despite being very talented, and making good music Pink will always be bitter towards Christina and Britney, she trashed them so many times for no reason...and that's where Brit and X definetely won...

No, because Christina and Britney made way bigger impact,  and they are both more relevant than her, her overall sales are way behind Britney's. About tour success, Pink's last tour had 50% more tour dates than Circus tour, so ofc she will make more money....and in my eyes despite being very talented, and making good music Pink will always be bitter towards Christina and Britney, she trashed them so many times for no reason...and that's where Brit and X definetely won...

P!nk's tour had more dates because she's more in demand than Britney. People love to see P!nk live because she's talented and give a fantastic, energetic show.

Her overall sales are behind Britney but that's mostly because Britney's first two (forgotten) albums sold a lot. Nowadays Britney can't sell 1/10th of P!nk and she never will.

I do agree P!nk was very bitter back then. She hasnt shaded them in years. Probably becuase they don't matter anymore.

But did these "iconic" moments mattered in the end?

yes because no one says "oh do you remember when the truth about love sold 6m copies?" they say "do you remember when britney came out with the snake? or when xtina went dirrty?"

P!nk's tour had more dates because she's more in demand than Britney. People love to see P!nk live because she's talented and give a fantastic, energetic show.

Her overall sales are behind Britney but that's mostly because Britney's first two (forgotten) albums sold a lot. Nowadays Britney can't sell 1/10th of P!nk and she never will.

I do agree P!nk was very bitter back then. She hasnt shaded them in years. Probably becuase they don't matter anymore.

Lol, no, simply Britney  doesen't want to spend so much time touring, just like she doesen't like to promote nowdats ny1

Britney's first two albums are forgotten? ny1

Britney's debut album sold 8 times more than Pink's, Brit's 2nd albums sold twice more than Pink's 2nd,  her 3rd album sold 3 times more than Pink's , It's twice more for 4th album, Pink sold 2 millions more with Try This, but Blackout had no promo,, and she won with 6th albums, but once again Circus had way less promo.

I have no problem acknowledging Pink's success, but what you are saying is hilarious, Pink's songs are rarely risky,  half of her singles are motivational songs, which is one of the safest ways to play.

Britney has 15 millions more TW followers, so that's it about her relevancy compared to Brit....

And she shaded Britney in one of her interviews few months ago, and shaded Christina on TTAL tour...so ny12

LOL all the pressed in here. Of course she won. Don't come with "relevancy"; the only things Xtina was in the news for is either getting pregnant again (and so was P!nk when she had willow) or because of her weight, either gaining or losing it. P!nk's albums have actually sold more overall than Xtina's, so let's not even try with her.

Britney's sold more albums overall, but it really says something that The Truth About Love has outsold Britney Jean by over 12 times. Britney WAS the it girl in 1999 and there's no denying it. She was the perfect pop star then, but nowadays people forgot about her. They may bring her up in conversation but that's normally as a jibe about her meltdown rather than anything else (at least here). Given that P!nk is selling more than 6m per album, and has done for the last three albums (spreading over 6 years, 2006, 2008, 2012), it'd be surprising if that drops any time soon. In other words, if P!nk makes music for a lot longer, she'll surpass Britney eventually. Sure she might not be as "relevant" but does it really matter when Britney goes to the shops, or Britney eats a starbucks, or Britney goes for a shit? 

Also a wee reminder that P!nk was offered the Vegas residency first, before she turned it down and then they offered it to Britney.

Finally don't come with Icon excuses. P!nk is WELL respected by the public for being a great vocalist and live performer. People also clearly BUY her albums, and she is liked by not only the younger generation, but the older ones too. My line manager at work who's like 50+ was like if P!nk comes, ur not getting the day off, coz I'm taking that day off.

(I was like 'bitch, now you listen here')

ibjQfOtvbW7XXR.gif

That is all

iDlSFHlOkaALE.gif

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.