Gilly

how has ARTPOP impacted your life?

Sexxx Dreams influenced my sexual identity tbh. Around the time she debuted it at the Swinefest I got into kinky stuff and started to become bi-curious fall1 The dark and dirty lyrics are so perfect!

I can relate very well to the lyrics of Artpop atm. The melody that you choose can rescue you oprah1

I've been always kinda crazy about Greek mythology and stuff like that so G.U.Y. and Venus were immediately one of my favs gaga13

This is the first album of hers that hasn't impacted me whatsoever. It's what she said it would be: ear candy. Something to bop to and have fun to, it didn't change me like tfm did.

ARTPOP will always have a special place in my heart because it changed my life. Last year around summer-fall I was in the pits. I felt like shit, I was doing drugs to cope, I hated myself, I hated my body, I hated my family, and I had absolutely no confidence. At the same time, Gaga was also going through a pretty shitty time. Gaga says that through ARTPOP, she healed her soul and I think it healed mine too. The adrenaline I feel when listening to ARTPOP is unexplainable. Songs like Dope, DWUW, MJH, ARTPOP Aura, G.U.Y. transformed me and gave me the motivation to turn my life around. I know it may sound like a over exaggeration, but I owe everything I am today to ARTPOP.  I would listen to Dope and realize that I didn't need to drown myself in drugs, that I could be just as amazing/creative without them. I would listen to G.U.Y./Sexxx Dreams and I felt the desire to be confident and sexy, so I started to get into shape and the confidence rolled in. I would listen to Aura and felt like it was okay to feel insane. I would listen to ARTPOP and I would feel fucking angry and cry, but it was okay because I was finally letting go of all the bullshit that was tearing me apart. I would listen to DWUW and I stopped giving a shit about what other people thought about me, I started to lock myself away and only gave the world what they wanted to see: a nice ass and a pretty face. Basically, the G.U.Y. video is an interpretation of my life the last couple of months, the Venus scene in the video is equivalent to the ARTPOP album for me - a symbol of my rebirth. Now, I feel fucking amazing, confident, and happier than ever. ARTPOP = confidence, adrenaline, motivation, transformation.  I could go on, but you get the point. Thank you Gaga for making this life-changing album.

If anything, ARTPOP was my introduction to Gaga. For some reason I could never get into her before. I've had minimal exposure to pop music so enjoying ARTPOP and (surprisingly) joining this forum has helped my expand my music tastes. Similar to you @Gilly, the album came about for me in a difficult time and while I wouldn't say it pulled me out of the gutter, it did help me feel better.

After extensively sampling Gaga I have to say I prefer Born This Way to ARTPOP but equally enjoy both. 

ARTPOP is my workout album that's about it for the impact it had in my life an album full of bops. Venus is great for the treadmill and cardio machine gaga13

Songs like the Edge of Glory and Black Jesus + Amen Fashion are more personal to me and had an impact in my life.

Do What U Want has become the song I live by sass1

"If you're wondering, know that I'm not sorry"

"Write what you want, say what you want about me"

Venus has become one of my favourite songs ever so I guess you could say it has impacted my ear drums ny7.gif' alt='ny6'>.gif' alt='ny5'>

It hasn't really emotionally impacted me, like Born This Way did, despite it being my second favourite Gaga album, but it's still so epic  cry7