(o)_(o)

So what are the new sound effects going to be?

Before the posted the song, Lana had an excerpt that sounded like some new effects. She used a loon and a kettle before, but now it sounds like something else. The kettle, I think, is in West Coast, but there's a few now that sound like something completely different

There are a number of photos of her in Emile Haynie's studio from the past year, so it's safe to say that the loon and the kettle (or some of their cousins) will be making an appearance in Ultraviolence's instrumentals, unless she got Emile to stop using his signature sounds. I personally hope for some sort of screaming goat sound on UV, but that's just me.  :creep:

Well, two that were publicly shared. :creep:

Woops, my VPN died out and it posted gibberish.

I meant:

It's odd you mentioned the goat; I think she's using that with a format shift (where they change the overtones but not the fundamental so it sounds like something else). I saw an interview with the guy who made Melodyne (autotune alternative), and he was stating that some people are using it to make new sound effects using this method. I can't wait to hear it. I think she's going for a psychedelic soundscape :creep:

I'd love it if she did like a "Making of" and showed some of the engineering. Or does this exist somewhere and I don't know about it?

It's odd you mentioned the goat; I think she's using that with a format shift (where they change the overtones but not the fundamental so it sounds like something else). I saw an interview with the guy who made Melodyne (autotune alternative), and he was stating that some people are using it to make new sound effects using this method. I can't wait to hear it. I think she's going for a psychedelic soundscape :creep:

I'd love it if she did like a "Making of" and showed some of the engineering. Or does this exist somewhere and I don't know about it?

The prospect of that does sound pretty exciting. I know that Emile's work before Born To Die is about 95% hip hop, so it should be interesting to see how his unique style is incorporated into this thing she's got going with Dan Auerbach. I can see it potentially defining a new genre of music, if it's done well enough.

As far as I'm aware, there's never been any video posted of her in the studio, let alone interacting with producers on tracks. I'd kill for a look at her sessions with The Nexus (National Anthem Demo, Driving In Cars With Boys, Prom Song (Gone Wrong) and She's Not Me), David Kahne (The whole AKA album and Hundred Dollar Bill) and Princess Superstar (Moi Je Joue, Catch and Release, Golden Grill and Maha Maha). All very different, I'm sure, but the music that came out of them is unearthly.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.