LÉON

Which demos should Lana re-record?

She totally ruined Lolita on the BTD version but at least she put Diet Mtn Dew on there. 

I never liked Ya-Yo.

But it's a good sign that she may do 1 or 2 re-recordings of old tracks for Ultraviolence. Which ones would you like her to do?

I really hope Black Beauty is on the album, I don't remember if anything was said about it being rejected after the leak but...

I like Break My Fall as it's cute and bitchy.

Hollywood is another of my favorite unreleased tracks along with Angels Forever.

Honestly I need to get a better feel for the album to be able to decide  cry4.gif' alt='cry3'>

Serial Killer, Hit & Slay, Slay You ( Damn you ), Go Go Dancer, Tv in black & white, Queen of disaster, St. Tropez, Hollywoods dead, jealous girl, paradise, breaking my heart, prom song, mermaid motel, kill kill, and on our way  ny1

she should just make a whole EP or album re recording her flawless demos oprah1.gif' alt='oprah3'>

It's not a demo I think but Kinda Outta Luck fits PERFECTLY with the theme I have in mind for this album/era

But, tbh, I don't want an old song taking the place of a brand new one. Plus her demos are usually better than the final thing (National Anthem, Lolita, Yayo say hi)

Nothing else ever, please. Not here for her Yayo-ing every song in her catalogue.

why not? I liked Yayo original better, but she has such a killer unreleased catalouge! For me

Serial Killer is a must. Like what even?

Pawn Shop Blues

Summer of Sam

why not? I liked Yayo original better, but she has such a killer unreleased catalouge! For me

Serial Killer is a must. Like what even?

Pawn Shop Blues

Summer of Sam

Yeah, I love all her unreleased stuff enough to commit misdemeanors just to have more of them, but I feel like everything unreleased is unreleased for a reason. If she re-recorded a song written in 2010 (which is when most of her unreleased stuff is from) in 2014, it wouldn't have that same emotional connection for her. Her songwriting style has changed drastically from those 2009/2010 pop songwriting days. Her lyrics have become fairly stark, compared to the lush audible and visual landscapes conjured up in unreleased songs like Hawaiian Tropic and Driving In Cars With Boys. It's more about the overall experience now, with a few well-placed words having more impact than any others (i.e. Cola, Gods & Monsters).

When she re-recorded Yayo, she stripped it of everything that made it great. The new vocal take had none of that 2008 Lizzy Grant trailer-park-darling realness of the original. It was just a lot of pomp and circumstance for something she was so far removed from.

Yeah, I love all her unreleased stuff enough to commit misdemeanors just to have more of them, but I feel like everything unreleased is unreleased for a reason. If she re-recorded a song written in 2010 (which is when most of her unreleased stuff is from) in 2014, it wouldn't have that same emotional connection for her. Her songwriting style has changed drastically from those 2009/2010 pop songwriting days. Her lyrics have become fairly stark, compared to the lush audible and visual landscapes conjured up in unreleased songs like Hawaiian Tropic and Driving In Cars With Boys. It's more about the overall experience now, with a few well-placed words having more impact than any others (i.e. Cola, Gods & Monsters).

When she re-recorded Yayo, she stripped it of everything that made it great. The new vocal take had none of that 2008 Lizzy Grant trailer-park-darling realness of the original. It was just a lot of pomp and circumstance for something she was so far removed from.

And that's why I used the Lizzy Version in place of the Paradise one. 

I can see what you mean, and she is more of a song-writer/atmosphere conjurer than anything.  I do think "Serial Killer" would fit Ultraviolence--solely because the main pro/antagonist of "A Clockwork Orange" is supposed to have innate sociopath tendencies, but some may say that's kitschy. 

I do think "Serial Killer" would fit Ultraviolence--solely because the main pro/antagonist of "A Clockwork Orange" is supposed to have innate sociopath tendencies, but some may say that's kitschy. 

I guess you haven't heard the news. She gave an interview last week in which she denied that the album was related to or inspired by A Clockwork Orange in any way. Apparently, she just fell in love with the idea that there could be "ultraviolence" in the world.

I guess you haven't heard the news. She gave an interview last week in which she denied that the album was related to or inspired by A Clockwork Orange in any way. Apparently, she just fell in love with the idea that there could be "ultraviolence" in the world.

oh? How, odd? I only check here for pop news and haven't been here for a bit. I've never heard anyone use that term outside of Kubrick references. Not sure if I like this; I was hoping for a thematic album using some Kubrick tropes.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.