Mau

How embarrassing is it to stan Britney?

I wouldn't say liking her is embarrassing, but pretending she's still the performer she once was and that there is nothing wrong with her is hella embarrassing.

But... she wrote Everytime :clap2:

Thats a good question to which I don't quite have an answer to. I remember I suddenly just stopped caring right around it was announced she would be doing what I consider a big career mistake: X-Factor. Part of the reason Britney was successful post-breakdown was because she was mysterious. This is, of course, untrue. She wasn't mysterious at all, in fact, she was actually pretty BORING but only her stans knew this and they guarded that secret with their lives. To the rest of the GP Britney was a mysterious person. What happens when you lift the veil and find that there's NOTHING in there? No personality, no talent, no spark.... it was a disaster.

Of course she had a big hit around that time (which is now forgotten kii ) but I just didn't care. And when news surfaced that she was recording a new album I didn't care either. And when the album turned out to be TRASH I wasn't surprised. 

These days.. like I don't have a single Britney song on my iPhone now. It's strange but I really don't care at all about her anymore. I listen to her old stuff and I'm like...how did I even like this? :awk:

I get you sis. Britney was my ultimate fav 08-09, then after femme fatale i lost COMPLETE interest. she's so fucking basic, I cannot understand how anyone can stan her. :awk:

It's so hard to stan someone who is a ghost of what she used to be. A passionless ghost who just wants to retire and doesn't truly want to make music for her fans.

But I've always loved her and she's always been my fave. I love her as a person still. I just miss the old Britney who gave us a reason to stan her. :(

ny3  ny3  ny3  ny3  ny3  ny3  ny3  ny3

I mean my question is just why??

The answers I always get are related to the past. What about now? What is it that keeps you around and delusional?

Idc what anyone says, Britney fans have become the most delusional stan base I've ever seen. 

We could ask you the same about Xtinct!

The elitism here :ew2:

If your opinion is that stanning Britney is embarrassing then fair enough, but don't act as if it is anything more than an opinion. I couldn't care less if you find it cringeworthy, I still love her and her music :legend:

Not any more embarrassing than stanning any of the other pop girls, atleast Britney along with Madonna have managed to get past their seventh studio album. You can personally attack her all day long, which is the only thing your pressed asses can do. Call her a robot, a ghost, empty, call her fans britards, shows what kind of shit you are.

I'll never be embarrassed by stanning Britney because she has such a legendary catalog and legacy that nothing can really touch her now.... they call it unconditional love because it doesn't matter what happens, I'll love Britney forever and I am not ashamed at all about it. After all I think it's pathetic when people revoke their stan cards just because their fave isn't doing as well as they used to... stanning for sales and abandoning your fave when the going gets rough... that's sad.  :noway: 

Obviously Britney isn't as good as she was in her prime. She simply isn't. I've accepted that and moved on, why can't you?  :interesting: I would love to see you pressed haters quote me on any of my post where I've made this delusional claim that she's still just as good as she used to be. You can't because it has never been said. I am realistic about Britney and her current situation. Stay pressed and spilling that stale tea that we've heard hundreds of times before  :coffee:

Given the reality that she's only a shadow of her former self, she really isn't nearly as bad as the haters are making her out to be... I keep seeing such hyperboles about her  just because her former self was untouchable and everyone keeps trying to compare her to that image. Her dancing and music is not nearly as bad as everyone is making it out to be but haters will say anything to pull her down... some people just don't use their brains and spew delusional smack talk based purely on bias.  :ew2: 

In the end, I love Britney because she's Britney. She has made many missteps and she has changed from what she used to be, but why should that change how I feel about her when I genuinely still love her and her music?  um2 

The elitism here :ew2:

If your opinion is that stanning Britney is embarrassing then fair enough, but don't act as if it is anything more than an opinion. I couldn't care less if you find it cringeworthy, I still love her and her music :legend:

this. 

I mean I definitely wish her career was ALOT different than it is now and Katy, Bey, and Lorde capture my interest waaayyyy more than Brit does now. I think I rank Katy as my #1 now. Britney just doesn't care anymore and I'm starting to not care either.

But that being said she has such a great catalog of music, iconic performances, and a huge place in pop music and pop culture history that makes me still a huge stan. 

I'm proud to stan Britney, she's an icon, she was amazing dancer at her peak, like no one today can compete to her at hear peak. She has amazing music, she wrote some amazing music, she's amazing person.

Yes, her performing skills decreased a lot, but that still doesen't make her legacy and success smaller.

I'm proud of everything she did in her career, and at this point I just want her to be happy...

I wasn't embarrassed to stan her in 2007 and I won't start to feel that way now... I just accepted she will never go back to how she was at her prime and moved on. I still listen to her earlier albums (and ocasionally her most recent ones). Like it was said, her legacy can't be erased. 

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.