2 minutes ago, Kirjava said:

People are saying he's Palpatine? carla1 If he is, I'm walking out of the theatre. carla1 Darth Plagueis is more likely, and actually could be written really well if they choose to do that and would also nicely tie in with the prequels, but I think that was debunked? But it would be strange for him to be a brand-new face and be so powerful, like where was he hiding during the events of the previous six movies? carla1

I'm still here for the theory that Rey was a young Padawan at the Academy™ that got saved and got her memories wiped to protect her. jay1

Rey as a pupil but unrelated by blood? Good!

I dunno about Darth Plagueies; isn't he dead? Plus I assumed since Palpatine called him "a Sith legend", he'd be dead for centuries, and no-one lives this long. I think in SW, all species actually live the same as people.

I also think they better cancel all their blood relations hints before it's too late, because that whole thing looks like GoT know, with basically 3 families/teachers-pupils/frenemies all being entangled in the war, so like... the Galaxy is paying the price for it giveup2

1 minute ago, Vertigo-go said:

Rey as a pupil but unrelated by blood? Good!

I dunno about Darth Plagueies; isn't he dead? Plus I assumed since Palpatine called him "a Sith legend", he'd be dead for centuries, and no-one lives this long. I think in SW, all species actually live the same as people.

I also think they better cancel all their blood relations hints before it's too late, because that whole thing looks like GoT know, with basically 3 families/teachers-pupils/frenemies all being entangled in the war, so like... the Galaxy is paying the price for it giveup2

Omg, those hardcore Reywalker fanatics annoy me to no end... "But Star Wars is about the Skywalkers!4!44!!!" Fuck off. wendy4 Clearly they are not the only family capable of being Force-sensitive. Loner-Rey works way better story-wise too. It's about her finding her place in the world. 

Darth Plagueis was the sith master of Palpatine so he was definitely alive while he was. Also in the Legends Universe canon it was confirmed that it was Palpatine who killed him. But his whole story was about cheating death, so in this particular instance, the whole "haha fuck you, I've been alive all along" could actually work if written well, + we've never actually seen him before, if it's actually him, so it wouldn't be the exact same trope anyway.

But as I said, I think this theory was likely debunked. So we'll see what he's about.

15 minutes ago, Kirjava said:

Omg, those hardcore Reywalker fanatics annoy me to no end... "But Star Wars is about the Skywalkers!4!44!!!" Fuck off. wendy4 Clearly they are not the only family capable of being Force-sensitive. Loner-Rey works way better story-wise too. It's about her finding her place in the world. 

Darth Plagueis was the sith master of Palpatine so he was definitely alive while he was. Also in the Legends Universe canon it was confirmed that it was Palpatine who killed him. But his whole story was about cheating death, so in this particular instance, the whole "haha fuck you, I've been alive all along" could actually work if written well, + we've never actually seen him before, if it's actually him, so it wouldn't be the exact same trope anyway.

But as I said, I think this theory was likely debunked. So we'll see what he's about.

omg which media mentioned that? I only know of him from Palpatine's theater speech about "legend".  I also think, even new games/books are kind of not canon to the movies? I mean all that stuff they said they cancelled didn't even hurt the franchise (Shadows of the Empire WAS an official SW project), and nothing made it to the movies. And those extra-facts from novelizations/comics of our times also don't appear in the movies. I don't know whether they just don't want to confuse the viewers that don't read the books, or separate media is just developed separately too. Only that Clone Wars guy in Rogue One made it to the movieverse, even though he wasn't even that simillar to the original character (Saw Guererra? Forest Whitaker played him).

I'm saying all this in relation to DP/Palpatine! I'm not sure the movies will handle his origins this way, considering they ignore their own canon!

8 minutes ago, Vertigo-go said:

omg which media mentioned that? I only know of him from Palpatine's theater speech about "legend".  I also think, even new games/books are kind of not canon to the movies? I mean all that stuff they said they cancelled didn't even hurt the franchise (Shadows of the Empire WAS an official SW project), and nothing made it to the movies. And those extra-facts from novelizations/comics of our times also don't appear in the movies. I don't know whether they just don't want to confuse the viewers that don't read the books, or separate media is just developed separately too. Only that Clone Wars guy in Rogue One made it to the movieverse, even though he wasn't even that simillar to the original character (Saw Guererra? Forest Whitaker played him).

I'm saying all this in relation to DP/Palpatine! I'm not sure the movies will handle his origins this way, considering their ignore their own canon!

I know they ignore the novels and all that extra stuff, that's why they named it the Legends Universe. Palpatine gets resurrected like 4 times in it btw, so not much is lost fall1 Let's not even mention Darth Maul, who also got saved being fucking cut in half, and was put on a fucking cybernetic crab-lower-body-thingy fall2 I mean...

Spoiler

502?cb=20160910204450

This shit used to be canon. fall7 fall7 fall7

Anyways, there are certain elements they might keep/have kept from the Legends, there are a lot of writings about how exactly the Empire and such functioned, how did the Stormtroopers live and all of that and so much more. So they might keep Plagueis, since he is in the prequels already via mention, so who knows.

6 minutes ago, Kirjava said:

I know they ignore the novels and all that extra stuff, that's why they named it the Legends Universe. Palpatine gets resurrected like 4 times in it btw, so not much is lost fall1 Let's not even mention Darth Maul, who also got saved being fucking cut in half, and was put on a fucking cybernetic crab-lower-body-thingy fall2 I mean...

Hide contents

502?cb=20160910204450

This shit used to be canon. fall7 fall7 fall7

Anyways, there are certain elements they might keep/have kept from the Legends, there are a lot of writings about how exactly the Empire and such functioned, how did the Stormtroopers live and all of that and so much more. So they might keep Plagueis, since he is in the prequels already via mention, so who knows.

Hey Darth Maul is still canon, since Clone Wars and Rebels are. I thought the whole thing was great. Good to know somebody somewhere resurrects potentially cool characters and expands them into actual cool characters jay1

I meant the relation between DP and Palpatine as it is! It's not that DP doesn't exist, he IS real, since he's mentioned; but the part about Palpatine being his pupil you mentioned? Where was this?

Just now, Vertigo-go said:

Hey Darth Maul is still canon, since Clone Wars and Rebels are. I thought the whole thing was great. Good to know somebody somewhere resurrects potentially cool characters and expands them into actual cool characters jay1

I meant the relation between DP and Palpatine as it is! It's not that DP doesn't exist, he IS real, sicne he's mentioned; but the part about Palpatine being his pupil you mentioned? Where was this?

Really? orly1 I mean, does he like show up as a fucking crab-hybrid? orly1 I'm disappointed in those series now.  wendy4 (still haven't started them btw)

Idk, I read it on Wookiepedia, forums, comment-sections. dead2 It was definitely part of the Extended Universe, which is now Legends.

3 minutes ago, Kirjava said:

Really? orly1 I mean, does he like show up as a fucking crab-hybrid? orly1 I'm disappointed in those series now.  wendy4 (still haven't started them btw)

Idk, I read it on Wookiepedia, forums, comment-sections. dead2 It was definitely part of the Extended Universe, which is now Legends.

CW has like a never-ending storyline jumping from one character to the other giveup1

Basically it all starts with that assassin Asajj Ventress, who is Dooku's pupil, and she comes from a clan of witches (Force wielders who aren't Jedi/Sith), and she's duped by Dooku, so she finds a pupil of her own (who is of the same peoples as Darth Maul), and then he's duped by HER ( giveup2 ) and he finds surviving Maul. They both try to establish a crime syndicate thing to destroy the Jedi, and Maul is really obsessed with killing Obi-Wan.

(The show got cancelled)

In Rebels he appears again; it's 20 years later and he still isn't over the whole Obi-Wan revenge thing, and he dies by Obi-Wan's hand on Tatooine in the end.

Honestly, his arc is really great and tragic, and he has that Shakesperian "consumed by his own rage" thing going on, so yeah, I love him!

Rebels remains trash though, it's literally made for kids, while Clone Wars is more of a young adult show? I enjoy it! I wish they didn't cancel it, because Maul arc would work much better in the CW than this shitass Rebels. Oh, and his voice actor is fantastic!

Bdw Asajj was speculated to appear in the new movies, after they announced Lupita. She's unnaturally thin and bald, and people were hyped, but Lupita ended up playing that noone curr alien anyone could playrih9

23aa9445aa8924dc81640906478cf371--creatu

On 10/10/2017 at 3:50 PM, Vertigo-go said:

I'm saying all this in relation to DP/Palpatine! I'm not sure the movies will handle his origins this way, considering they ignore their own canon!

What they cut from the old EU and "made" canon were all of the games/novels between Episode II-III and IV. 

Literally every video game, every comic, every novel that had been written and made between those gaps was struck from canon. 

With that in mind the Darth Plagueis Novel, it technically wasn't kept in canon, because, contrary to the title, most of it actually serves as backstory to Palpatine, meaning his childhood, him murdering his entire family with his bare hands and becoming a Sith Lord and all that. The section of the timeline that Disney kept canon isn't even touched on, because the novel ends the night Darth Maul is killed on Naboo, which is just right before that magic threshold for Attack of the Clones. 

But they did bring back Thrawn for Rebels, so it's entirely possible that they might have retained the EU-Plagueis story for this new film. 

32 minutes ago, Mamacita said:

What they cut from the old EU and "made" canon were all of the games/novels between Episode II-III and IV. 

Literally every video game, every comic, every novel that had been written and made between those gaps was struck from canon. 

With that in mind the Darth Plagueis Novel, it technically wasn't kept in canon, because, contrary to the title, most of it actually serves as backstory to Palpatine, meaning his childhood, him murdering his entire family with his bare hands and becoming a Sith Lord and all that. The section of the timeline that Disney kept canon isn't even touched on, because the novel ends the night Darth Maul is killed on Naboo, which is just right before that magic threshold for Attack of the Clones. 

But they did bring back Thrawn for Rebels, so it's entirely possible that they might have retained the EU-Plagueis story for this new film. 

They also show mandalorian armor (KOTOR era style) in TCW. Not to mention the planet Malachor in Rebels (which even if it isn't the Malachor V moon from the games, it's still pretty close). I do believe they'll bring kotor, and some other aspects of Legends, back but for some reason they're reaaaally taking their time.

(Mando helmet in video)

3 minutes ago, Tomás said:

They also show mandalorian armor (KOTOR era style) in TCW. Not to mention the planet Malachor in Rebels (which even if it isn't the Malachor V moon from the games, it's still pretty close). I do believe they'll bring kotor, and some other aspects of Legends, back but for some reason they're reaaaally taking their time.

(Mando helmet in video)

I mean there are rumors that there doing something with KOTOR and SWTOR considering how popular they were and still are among fans. 

Maybr they're saving that till after TLJ

Just now, Mamacita said:

I mean there are rumors that there doing something with KOTOR and SWTOR considering how popular they were and still are among fans. 

Maybr they're saving that till after TLJ

I kinda wish they don't include SWTOR rip4 

On 10/10/2017 at 8:23 PM, Vertigo-go said:

CW has like a never-ending storyline jumping from one character to the other giveup1

Basically it all starts with that assassin Asajj Ventress, who is Dooku's pupil, and she comes from a clan of witches (Force wielders who aren't Jedi/Sith), and she's duped by Dooku, so she finds a pupil of her own (who is of the same peoples as Darth Maul), and then he's duped by HER ( giveup2 ) and he finds surviving Maul. They both try to establish a crime syndicate thing to destroy the Jedi, and Maul is really obsessed with killing Obi-Wan.

(The show got cancelled)

In Rebels he appears again; it's 20 years later and he still isn't over the whole Obi-Wan revenge thing, and he dies by Obi-Wan's hand on Tatooine in the end.

Honestly, his arc is really great and tragic, and he has that Shakesperian "consumed by his own rage" thing going on, so yeah, I love him!

Rebels remains trash though, it's literally made for kids, while Clone Wars is more of a young adult show? I enjoy it! I wish they didn't cancel it, because Maul arc would work much better in the CW than this shitass Rebels. Oh, and his voice actor is fantastic!

Bdw Asajj was speculated to appear in the new movies, after they announced Lupita. She's unnaturally thin and bald, and people were hyped, but Lupita ended up playing that noone curr alien anyone could playrih9

23aa9445aa8924dc81640906478cf371--creatu

Kii I know this is old but Asajj's technically dead, so I really doubt they'd bring her back but if they did then it'd be interesting gaycat1

1 minute ago, Tomás said:

Apparently every book released prior to 2014/2015 is considered legends, so there's that.

I didn't know that it was that stark, I was always under the impression that it was everything between Attack of the Clones and A New Hope? 

Mess rip4