A pop culture forum's GOT to have a Star Wars thread, even though I personally know no-one here nerd enough. I'll accept the responsibility of updating everyone on the new Star Flops episode (VII) anyway. Who knows, some people were excited for I Love Lucy blu-ray release here, so vintage love isn't completely non-existent.

Anygay:

The casting press release of Star Wars: Episode VII has arrived, and here it is in full for you below.

The Star Wars team is thrilled to announce the cast of Star Wars: Episode VII.

Actors John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, and Max von Sydow will join the original stars of the saga, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew, and Kenny Baker in the new film.

Director J.J. Abrams says, "We are so excited to finally share the cast of Star Wars: Episode VII. It is both thrilling and surreal to watch the beloved original cast and these brilliant new performers come together to bring this world to life, once again. We start shooting in a couple of weeks, and everyone is doing their best to make the fans proud."
Star Wars: Episode VII is being directed by J.J. Abrams from a screenplay by Lawrence Kasdan and Abrams. Kathleen Kennedy, J.J. Abrams, and Bryan Burk are producing, and John Williams returns as the composer. The movie opens worldwide on December 18, 2015.

Is anybody here for ridiculous space battles, Harrison Ford's face and terrible prequels?

tumblr_m7iuyi2t2g1qbymseo1_500.gif

tumblr_m7iuyi2t2g1qbymseo2_r1_500.gif

I'm optimistic about it. JJ Abrams does very well with what he does. I never had any interest in Star Trek, but he made me a fan of the movies.

PLUS, JJ Abrams has said he's a huge Star Wars fan (and not as much a Star Trek fan), so he's going to make sure it's flawless. Or at least better than the prequels, but that's not hard to do.  lj1

They are rewriting DECADES worth of fan history, its gonna get SLATED. THe worst part is disney wont even care

It's funny how people love Disney but they're so against a simple business deal. Crackers are like "LOL will Darth Vader be in the next Once Upon a Time now?". I don't think anything will change in the Disney's favor. My favourite gaming company LucasArts, incidentally George Lucas's creation too, has been bought and sold multiple times. I have zero clue who manages it now at all, even if they're still operational at all (I'm a fan of their 90s adventure games, not SW games). They never changed their creative direction during that whole thing.

I'm sort of glad those terrible books aren't a thing anymore, I never regarded books based on video games or movies canon. Especially how they try to resurrect somebody ALL the time.

Not a fan of Abrams at all. I was more into ST than SW when I was younger, and I liked the first ST movie quite a bit, but it was nothing like the show, and those fucking blue light effects were terrible. I liked the older crew too. Now, the ship is full of stunners, and it just doesn't feel like they're professionals in space, know what I mean? Zoe Saldana looks like a catalogue model from 1990s!

It's funny how people love Disney but they're so against a simple business deal. Crackers are like "LOL will Darth Vader be in the next Once Upon a Time now?". I don't think anything will change to the Disney's favor. My favourite gaming company LucasArts, incidentally George Lucas's creation too, has been bought and sold multiple times. I have zero clue who manages it now at all, even if they're still operational at all (I'm a fan of their 90s adventure games, not SW games). They never changed their creative direction during that whole thing.

I'm sort of glad those terrible books aren't a thing anymore, I never regarded books based on video games or movies canon. Especially how they try to resurrect somebody ALL the time.

Not a fan of Abrams at all. I was more into ST than SW when I was younger, and I liked the first ST movie quite a bit, but it was nothing like the show, and those fucking blue light effects were terrible. I liked the older crew too. Now, the ship is full of stunners, and it just doesn't feel like they're professionals in space, know what I mean? Zoe Saldana looks like a catalogue model from 1990s!

I get ya :P

I love Star Wars just wish some of the expanded universe stuff was still included into the new trilogy. But they said none of that is canon.  I'm still excited and where is Billy Dee Williams ?

I understand EU will be there only if it's prequels to the prequels or Clone Wars show.

Anything anyone ever wrote about Leia's children and stuff is erased.

I have no clue what's up with Billy Dee Williams' absence either, fuckerrrrrs!

I understand EU will be there only if it's prequels to the prequels or Clone Wars show.

Anything anyone ever wrote about Leia's children and stuff is erased.

I have no clue what's up with Billy Dee Williams' absence either, fuckerrrrrs!

That sucks I loved what they did with Jaina,Jacen and Anakin Solo in the EU. How Jacen became Darth Caedus etc. Hope there is something with Ahsoka in it she just left at the end of Clone Wars.

That sucks I loved what they did with Jaina,Jacen and Anakin Solo in the EU. How Jacen became Darth Caedus etc. Hope there is something with Ahsoka in it she just left at the end of Clone Wars.

Isn't it odd how Ahsoka isn't even in the Revenge of the Sith? I haven't seen the last CW episodes, so in case she died/left someplace it's okay. But if she didn't, what gives???

Holy shit, I watched all six Clone Wars seasons sort of automatically, but now turns out I WAS invested and I'm sad it's over.

The first four episodes of the last season and the Order 66 foreshadowing dead6 Stop hurting my feelings like that cry5