Robert.

Ariana Grande On Her Debut Video: ‘Worst Moment Of My Life’

In a brand-new feature on Ariana Grande, fans get to see how your “Problem” sausage got made. Wait, that didn’t come out right. Whatever, let’s move on.

Rolling Stone published an interview

packed with interesting tidbits and revealing details. Here are my four key findings from the article, which touch on everything from a failed collaboration to Ariana’s oft-forgotten 2011 debut single. Enjoy! Mmmmm, problem sausage …

1.) The Debut From Hell

tumblr_m7w883zvtV1qmom57o1_500.gif

Hey, those are Ariana’s words, not mine. “That was the worst moment of my life,” the 20-year-old singer said of 2011′s “Put Your Hearts Up.” “For the video, they gave me a bad spray tan and put me in a princess dress and had me frolic around the street. The whole thing was straight out of hell.

“I still have nightmares about it, and I made them hide it on my Vevo page.” BRB, adding this to my list of things to NEVER watch in Ariana Grande’s presence.

2.) But What I Really Wanna Do Is direct Sing.

tumblr_mf1o7429dN1ri7m30o1_500.gif

“I hate acting,” Ariana shared with the mag. “It’s fun, but music has always been first and foremost with me.” I hate acting, too. Where’s my television show? OK, so that’s not exactly a new revelation if you’ve been following the Florida native’s interviews in the last couple years, but I still think it’s interesting to note.

3.) Wait’ll You See My Featured Artist.

giphy.gif

Do you remember how when “Problem” first dropped, we were all feeling a very strong Ying Yang Twins vibe off of it? Well, that reference was totally intentional, says Ariana’s A&R rep at Republic, Wendy Goldstein.

“Scooter [braun, Ariana's manager] was obsessed with bringing in the Ying Yang Twins. … We had them try, but they just flopped it. They couldn’t get it together.” OK, so they couldn’t coordinate dates. Big deal! Just wait’ll you see their … incredibly packed schedules. They probably couldn’t squeeze it in! The recording session. Bye.

4.) Two ‘Fancy’ Ladies

tumblr_mw2gsmveho1rr1da2o2_250.gif

Last but not least, Rolling Stone reported that it was Ariana herself who pushed for Iggy Azalea’s inclusion on “Problem” once the Ying Yang Twins fell through.

A smart move bringing on the “Fancy” rapper (I mean, have you seen how well “Problem” is doing on the charts?), but am I the only one who now wishes she’d had the Atlanta duo on the track, too? C’mon!

Porque-no-las-dos-o.gif

http://www.mtv.com/news/1831155/ariana-grande-debut-video-worst-moment/

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/how-ariana-grande-and-max-martin-made-problem-the-song-of-the-summer-20140522

:scream:

Her debut video and song are horrific. I can't believe it was written by Linda Perry.  ny7.gif' alt='ny6'>.gif' alt='ny5'>

So glad she got it together and is releasing quality music now. Yours Truly is beautiful and Problem is my jam.  :sass3: