Venus XCX

Lana's 'Fucked My Way To The Top' Song Is About Gaga?

Ok deluded stan.

What gurl im on your side mad5

I mean to put a studio recorded song about someone she has certain feelings for on her studio album is a clear sign how butthurt she is. It would make a total difference if the bitch would actually make music about people and how they affected her life, on her first and second record. But this was just out of the blue

nicki3

I don't think it's aimed Gaga; she already stated that the person has borrowed from her style. While Gaga and Lana came up together, they cannot be confused for each other at all.

IMO, It's aimed at fellow "darkish hipster" Lorde--but not in a way that's parodying Lorde--rather, she's being as "anti-feminist" as possible, by objectifying herself. and parodying herself a bit. Even with "Whore, don't even know what you're good for" could be taken as, again, suggesting she subject herself to the whim of men, as that's what's expected (again, anti-feminist)

Gaga visuals and persona are nothing like Lana's. Their almost polar opposites; one is louder and flamboyant while the other is narcotising and sullen.

I don't think it's aimed Gaga; she already stated that the person has borrowed from her style. While Gaga and Lana came up together, they cannot be confused for each other at all.

IMO, It's aimed at fellow "darkish hipster" Lorde--but not in a way that's parodying Lorde--rather, she's being as "anti-feminist" as possible, by objectifying herself. and parodying herself a bit. Even with "Whore, don't even know what you're good for" could be taken as, again, suggesting she subject herself to the whim of men, as that's what's expected (again, anti-feminist)

Gaga visuals and persona are nothing like Lana's. Their almost polar opposites; one is louder and flamboyant while the other is narcotising and sullen.

Gaga has a few dark songs, but those songs were almost always pop sounding

Lana has a few fun pop sounding songs, but she always made it a uniquely lana song

The only gaga song that's similar to one of lana's songs is Princess Die

However when you listen to pure heroine lana's influence is obvious throughout the album Lorde still put her own twist on it, and made it hers

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.