(o)_(o)

Does she leak her own stuff?

So it'll be our next leak then? This "surfer Lana" instrumental he described sounds pretty cool, I'm interested. :interesting:

Well, in theory it's the next leak. Knowing this fandom though, it could be leaked tomorrow or it might not leak for months, which leaves a lot of room for other songs to get out in the open. The so-called "surfer" instrumental is really more of a "lounge music" instrumental. It's somewhat like a much slower Daytona Meth/Party Girl, I guess?

Well, in theory it's the next leak. Knowing this fandom though, it could be leaked tomorrow or it might not leak for months, which leaves a lot of room for other songs to get out in the open. The so-called "surfer" instrumental is really more of a "lounge music" instrumental. It's somewhat like a much slower Daytona Meth/Party Girl, I guess?

:gasp:  :giveup2: :scream: I love DM and PG.

Imma go ask around my Lana stan friends and see if anyone can give me a snippet.  :gaycat:

@

Now for those unreleased tracks.

Strange Love - A song that recounts a psychedelic love story, accented by some unsettling backing vocals. It's quite simplistic, but it's an experience to listen to.

Golden Grill - This song always reminds me of the score of the James Bond film Live and Let Die. It's one of the tracks produced by Princess Superstar.

Come When You Call Me America - There are two versions of this song and they're quite different. The first version has very clean production with brass accompaniment, but the vocals are hard to reckon at points. The second version is much rougher in its production (featuring no brass instruments) and the vocals are even harder to hear.

Maha Maha - This is another Princess Superstar track, which is about an alien love affair. The production is heavy on drumbeats, sitar and synths. There are three versions of this song, but they're not different enough to mention.

Backfire - This song meanders a lot. She gets lazy with her pronunciations and it makes for this very laid back air, which is somewhat unusual, considering the song is about suicide.

Catch and Release - Yet another Princess Superstar track. Most people describe this song as "creepy" or "Halloween-esque". There's some sort of squelchy synth in the background, which puts it on a very strange path. The beat drops in the last minute and things get really fast, which adds to the mood. Again, two versions, but the second version just has an extra noise like 30 seconds in.

Put Your Lips Together - This is one of those old laptop demos that's just odd. I think she was trying to expand her repertoire a little. There's not much to this song, but the instrumentation is pretty cool.

Afraid - I find this song adorable. There's this plaintive little noise in the background every few seconds that almost seems like its begging, which fits with the lyrical content. There's also some great strings and a constant drumbeat.

You & Me - Experimental and strange. She's kind of pining for someone in this song, but her vocals are on top of this instrumental that's slow as molasses. It almost feels decadent.

This is the first time I've heard C&R and omg I fucking love it. The ending is just... :giveup:

It's so damn creepy tho.

This is the first time I've heard C&R and omg I fucking love it. The ending is just... :giveup:

It's so damn creepy tho.

Catch and Release is like criminally underrated, but god, it's such a masterpiece. It falls into that category of highly self-aware songs that almost serve as a critique of culture and self at the same time, with stuff like Noir, Velvet Crowbar and Tired of Singing The Blues.

Catch and Release is like criminally underrated, but god, it's such a masterpiece. It falls into that category of highly self-aware songs that almost serve as a critique of culture and self at the same time, with stuff like Noir, Velvet Crowbar and Tired of Singing The Blues.

Noir is my jam.  :giveup2:

When my laptop gets fixed I'm gonna redownload that masterpost again.  :giveup:

@

Now for those unreleased tracks.

Strange Love - A song that recounts a psychedelic love story, accented by some unsettling backing vocals. It's quite simplistic, but it's an experience to listen to.

Golden Grill - This song always reminds me of the score of the James Bond film Live and Let Die. It's one of the tracks produced by Princess Superstar.

Come When You Call Me America - There are two versions of this song and they're quite different. The first version has very clean production with brass accompaniment, but the vocals are hard to reckon at points. The second version is much rougher in its production (featuring no brass instruments) and the vocals are even harder to hear.

Maha Maha - This is another Princess Superstar track, which is about an alien love affair. The production is heavy on drumbeats, sitar and synths. There are three versions of this song, but they're not different enough to mention.

Backfire - This song meanders a lot. She gets lazy with her pronunciations and it makes for this very laid back air, which is somewhat unusual, considering the song is about suicide.

Catch and Release - Yet another Princess Superstar track. Most people describe this song as "creepy" or "Halloween-esque". There's some sort of squelchy synth in the background, which puts it on a very strange path. The beat drops in the last minute and things get really fast, which adds to the mood. Again, two versions, but the second version just has an extra noise like 30 seconds in.

Put Your Lips Together - This is one of those old laptop demos that's just odd. I think she was trying to expand her repertoire a little. There's not much to this song, but the instrumentation is pretty cool.

Afraid - I find this song adorable. There's this plaintive little noise in the background every few seconds that almost seems like its begging, which fits with the lyrical content. There's also some great strings and a constant drumbeat.

You & Me - Experimental and strange. She's kind of pining for someone in this song, but her vocals are on top of this instrumental that's slow as molasses. It almost feels decadent.

Sorry I overlooked this. Thankx so much; I'm going right into these now!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.