Merryem

Did Lana deliver?

Yes. Aside from all the anticipation it is an AMAZING album and will probably end up hitting my top 15 albums ever with a really solid amount of plays. It's so different to her previous work, and I was honestly worried I wouldn't like it - But she has just slayed me once more. cry0

No, I was disappointed. Not liking the direction she is going and the music is too boring and not what i like for her?  :shrug:

I share this sentiment unfortunately. I really wanted to like it but it didn't click for me like I thought it would :ohno:

This album is something I eventually wanted from Lana, I didnt expect to get it on this album. The songs already felt familiar on the very first listen, the sound was something I could immediately get into. It is perfect and more.

I tried to stay away from all the hype on the album so I could get a clean first listen. I had no idea what to expect during that listen, but it totally blew me away. She delivered what I wanted and then some, in my opinion.

My expectations were really high and she managed to top them. I'm completely in love with this album from start to finish, it's such an adventure. I didn't expect it to be like this, it just clicked for me the instant I started playing Cruel World. 

I don't feel too thrilled tbh. I feel like some people got it right; the album's singles are amazing (bar Brooklyn Baby), but other then that, I don't really feel the album. It has spawned truly amazing songs (West Coast, Old Money) which definitely top my top 5, but other then that, this album sounds boring. Born to Die is better, but I'll give Ultraviolence a few more listens and see. I've already deleted a few songs because I can NOT get into them (Cruel World, Sad Girl, Money Power Glory)

I don't feel too thrilled tbh. I feel like some people got it right; the album's singles are amazing (bar Brooklyn Baby), but other then that, I don't really feel the album. It has spawned truly amazing songs (West Coast, Old Money) which definitely top my top 5, but other then that, this album sounds boring. Born to Die is better, but I'll give Ultraviolence a few more listens and see. I've already deleted a few songs because I can NOT get into them (Cruel World, Sad Girl, Money Power Glory)

I'm sorry, you deleted Cruel World?

Why? How? What?

Definitely! I felt that BtD was too cliched and kinda boring at times. UV is so much darker and Lana's clearly developed lyrically.

slap_slap_slap_bad_human_no_stop_hate_an

Cruel World is really amazing tho, to me its like I'm listening to her version of a The Doors song. Money Power Glory didnt immediately make you eargasm? With that chorus. I was eargasming so hard mess1

And Sad Girl actually didnt click with the on the first listen also but damn after a few listens it got so catchy cry7

Hope you get into it and feel the amazingness its giving me oprah2ny10

When I first listened to Ultraviolence, my first reaction was 'Born to Die' was better. Then I remembered I had the same feeling the first I listed to "Born to die." It requires more than one listen to fully form an opinion and you need to really listen to all her lyrics to truly see how amazing Ultraviolence really is. It's completely different and in some ways very much the same to Born to Die. Lana is on a different level than any of the artists her age, her poetry is melodic, fun, intense, and she knows how to play the character/theme she created for Ultraviolence.

Just like Born to Die, each time I listen to Ultraviolence I hear something new that makes me fall in love with her writing, voice, and delivery.

slap_slap_slap_bad_human_no_stop_hate_an

Cruel World is really amazing tho, to me its like I'm listening to her version of a The Doors song. Money Power Glory didnt immediately make you eargasm? With that chorus. I was eargasming so hard mess1

And Sad Girl actually didnt click with the on the first listen also but damn after a few listens it got so catchy cry7

Hope you get into it and feel the amazingness its giving me oprah2ny10

Totally felt the same way about Sad Girl at first, now it's one of my favorites, anything Lana does with Rick Nowels is GOLD. My favorite songs keeps changing, Old Money is my current.

Totally felt the same way about Sad Girl at first, now it's one of my favorites, anything Lana does with Rick Nowels is GOLD. My favorite songs keeps changing, Old Money is my current.

I am in Love with old Money ever since I heard the first snippet oprah6.gif' alt='oprah4'>

But yeah this whole album is so amazing I really dont find any song that I would have the need to pass oprah1

Tbh, at first I really didn't like it. I was like "Why is there a reverb effect on her voice, and why is it so muffled ?". I was expecting something much more rock, not that slow.

After a few listens, it really grew on me. You have to listen to the whole album to enjoy it. She really did move onto something more mature and dark, with that album. I love it.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.