Tasso

Terry Richardson Speaks Out Against Sexual Harassment Claims: "I Don't Have Any Regrets"

1402953644_terry-richardson-new-york-mag

Terry Richardson addressed recent sexual harassment claims against him, telling New York Magazine he has no regrets about his work

Terry Richardson is speaking out against the recent sexual harassment allegations made against him. In a new interview for New York Magazine's cover story on him, headlined "The Perverse Case of Terry Richardson," the controversial celeb photographer defends himself against claims that he took advantage of models or offered jobs in exchange for sexual favors.

"I don't have any regrets about the work at all, but obviously I don't ever want someone to feel like that," Richardson, 48, told the mag. "It was never my intention. But also, people do things, and then they have regrets, and that's also nothing to do with me. Then don't do pictures like that again...I'm okay with myself about everything, and that to me is the most important thing."

Richardson further declared that he was never alone with any models while on the job. "It was never just me and a girl ever. It was always assistants, or other people around, or girls brought friends over to hang out," he said.

"It was very daytime, no drugs, no alcohol," he added. "There was energy, it was fun, it was exciting, making these strong images, and that's what it was. People collaborating and exploring sexuality and taking pictures."

Some models who've worked with the famed shutterbug paint a different picture. Emma Appleton, for one, posted a screenshot of a message allegedly from Richardson, reading, "If I can f--k you I will book you in [New York] for a shoot for Vogue." (A rep for the photog said the screenshot was fake, and Richardson himself told NY Mag the quote was "ridiculous" and corny. "Who talks like that?" he scoffed.) 

He also denied reports that he had been intimately involved with Lindsay Lohan, a frequent subject. "Somehow she said we spent a romantic night making love at the Chateau Marmont," he said, referring to her alleged sex list. "Which never happened. Then, on the internet, people are like, 'He did this and that.' But it's totally untrue."

Read more: http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/terry-richardson-denies-sexual-harassment-claims-in-new-york-magazine-2014166#ixzz34ryHqSwB 

Idg all the pressedness over the man. Yea, he sounds like a perv. He's a famous ass perv that has been labeled and called out for being a perv for years, yet hasn't had any issues getting stars to want to be photographed by him.

He exists, he's been called out, is what it is.  :shrug:

"I don't have any regrets"

That paints you as a sociopath, not a victim of the rumor mill.

This

Idg all the pressedness over the man. Yea, he sounds like a perv. He's a famous ass perv that has been labeled and called out for being a perv for years, yet hasn't had any issues getting stars to want to be photographed by him.

He exists, he's been called out, is what it is.  :shrug:

If only his photos were good fall1 But they're basic and amateurish as fuck fall1

"I don't have any regrets"

That paints you as a sociopath, not a victim of the rumor mill.

Really? I read it as him basically claim he had done nothing that should be regretted, rather than him brazenly dismissing awful things he may or may not have done. 

Really? I read it as him basically claim he had done nothing that should be regretted, rather than him brazenly dismissing awful things he may or may not have done. 

But he didn't outright deny it, which makes him look guilty. He was very careful with the words he chose, his response looks like something out a PR 101 textbook.

But he didn't outright deny it, which makes him look guilty. He was very careful with the words he chose, his response looks like something out a PR 101 textbook.

I disagree, this isn't his first time responding to questions like this. 

I disagree, this isn't his first time responding to questions like this.

"I don't have any regrets about the work at all, but obviously I don't ever want someone to feel like that," Richardson, 48, told the mag. "It was never my intention. But also, people do things, and then they have regrets, and that's also nothing to do with me. Then don't do pictures like that again...I'm okay with myself about everything, and that to me is the most important thing."

If he shut it down with a blunt "I have never even thought about having some sort of sexual tryst with a model I was working with, nor did I ever exchange professional favors for sexual ones" we wouldn't be talking about it. But he does that kind of double speak where he's like "I don't feel bad about whatever happened", which makes him sound guilty af.