untitled

Honest Opinion on Ultraviolence?

It actually is :awk:

PRISM is pure Katy, it's more raw than anything Lana could do with Ultraboring

By the grace of God, I'm hoping you let the light in fall1

um3 prism is the most generic trash I've ever heard

lana wishes she was that generic lj1

I didn't like Ultraviolence at first, but after my first listen I haven't been able to stop listening

sure it doesn't have the pop hooks of the first one but music doesn't need that to be amazing

y'all need to stop judging music by how well you can dance to it, cause this is not about that

bye

what would you call Born to Die and Paradise then

those were both classified as 'Indie' music

your opinion is invalid try again

be very careful who you're calling a 'basic' pop stan

my report button is ready 

also, you stan Mariah and Austin Irreleomie?

Do they even chart?

'basic pop stan' ny12

:ew2: you are making fun of yourself

um3 prism is the most generic trash I've ever heard

lana wishes she was that generic lj1

I didn't like Ultraviolence at first, but after my first listen I haven't been able to stop listening

sure it doesn't have the pop hooks of the first one but music doesn't need that to be amazing

y'all need to stop judging music by how well you can dance to it, cause this is not about that

have you heard ARTPOP fall1

have you heard ARTPOP fall1

if ARTPOP is anything is definitely not generic I'll give it that

ladygaga.pngbritney.png

you are making fun of yourself

You are a gaga stan too and if you disagree you need to stop bandwagoning and pick a standard and stick with it

as for britney i think she is talentless and lazy but I love Blackout and ITZ so I DONT GIVE A FUCK

at least Im not coming is here calling someone that actually makes music worthwhile generic while she is one of the few in the business that is making music for herself and not for 12 year old girls that still play with my little ponies (you know who I'm talking about)

take the time to understand what music is

don't judge music by how well it makes you wanna twerk

if ARTPOP is anything is definitely not generic I'll give it that

You are a gaga stan too and if you disagree you need to stop bandwagoning and pick a standard and stick with it

as for britney i think she is talentless and lazy but I love Blackout and ITZ so I DONT GIVE A FUCK

at least Im not coming is here calling someone that actually makes music worthwhile generic while she is one of the few in the business that is making music for herself and not for 12 year old girls that still play with my little ponies (you know who I'm talking about)

take the time to understand what music is

don't judge music by how well it makes you wanna twerk

I'm not bandwagonning fall1

the whole 'defend my fave even when she's blatantly wrong' shtick gets so embarrassing after a while

and ARTPOP was generic lbr fall1

Gaga even tried to make it a radio friendly, generic pop album, which well...how did that work out? fall1

And no, instead, Lana is making music for 16 year old teenage power bottoms who think they're 'hipsters'

mad12

Born to Die and Paradise are great, but Ultraviolence just doesn't interest me. Sonically it's not interesting enough to keep me engaged, because I can't enjoy an album solely for its lyrics. Everyone has their opinions, though, and most of her fans love it so she must be doing something right with a good section of her fanbase.

I've always taken her with a grain of salt, and BTD and Paradise had some great songs that didn't take themselves too seriously. This isn't for the casual fan, or a fan of her "bops".

I think the 3 songs Sad Girl, Pretty When You Cry and Money/Power/Glory flow perfectly together and are beautiful. Nothing else interests me, and these lack what I like about her.

@Disco Stick he loves Gaga and ARTPOP, look at his set. He had a BG thread bashing Lana and the album yesterday, he's just being silly. :P

I'm not bandwagonning fall1

the whole 'defend my fave even when she's blatantly wrong' shtick gets so embarrassing after a while

and ARTPOP was generic lbr fall1

Gaga even tried to make it a radio friendly, generic pop album, which well...how did that work out? fall1

And no, instead, Lana is making music for 16 year old teenage power bottoms who think they're 'hipsters'

mad12

ok I'm done trying to show that art pop is generic

like honestly if art pop is generic than what music nowadays IS NOT GENERIC LIKE HONESTLY DO YOU HAVE AN ANSWER

i don't think gaga is perfect, i think she has been childish recently, but i still love her music and i will stick by her until she starts making music i dislike

lana may make music "hipsters" listen to but honestly hipsters listen to a lot of stuff that many of you guys would all call "true artists"

with ultra violence she stepped away from the hipster pop and this is a raw type of music that many older generations love

my mother, who wasn't much a fan of her last albums absolutely LOVES this one, because it is not just for 16 year old wannabes anymore

she has a more mature sound that many more can appreciate

ok I'm done trying to show that art pop is generic

like honestly if art pop is generic than what music nowadays IS NOT GENERIC LIKE HONESTLY DO YOU HAVE AN ANSWER

i don't think gaga is perfect, i think she has been childish recently, but i still love her music and i will stick by her until she starts making music i dislike

lana may make music "hipsters" listen to but honestly hipsters listen to a lot of stuff that many of you guys would all call "true artists"

with ultra violence she stepped away from the hipster pop and this is a raw type of music that many older generations love

my mother, who wasn't much a fan of her last albums absolutely LOVES this one, because it is not just for 16 year old wannabes anymore

she has a more mature sound that many more can appreciate

fucked my way up to the top is so mature

getting high off hydrophonic weed so mature

being a 'bad bitch' so mature

tumblr_mhsgtp2w5u1s5p4ndo1_500.gif

Can we just get something straight? You keep claiming that Lana has always been making "indie" music. This is a complete falsehood. During the Born To Die era, she was making trip-hop. Paradise was chamber pop and baroque pop. Ultraviolence is rock inspired dream pop. If you're going to try to drag it for its style, you should at least get your facts right.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.