untitled

Honest Opinion on Ultraviolence?

Can we just get something straight? You keep claiming that Lana has always been making "indie" music. This is a complete falsehood. During the Born To Die era, she was making trip-hop. Paradise was chamber pop and baroque pop. Ultraviolence is rock inspired dream pop. If you're going to try to drag it for its style, you should at least get your facts right.

If you're going to stan, get your facts right.

So iTunes has been lying to me?

I've overheard your theory....

I guess sir if you say so

#BuyApplauseOniTunes

Can we just get something straight? You keep claiming that Lana has always been making "indie" music. This is a complete falsehood. During the Born To Die era, she was making trip-hop. Paradise was chamber pop and baroque pop. Ultraviolence is rock inspired dream pop. If you're going to try to drag it for its style, you should at least get your facts right.

Birth Name:

Elizabeth Woolridge Grant

Born:

June 21, 1986 in Lake Placid, NY

Genre

Alternative/ Indie

ny14

Birth Name:

Elizabeth Woolridge Grant

Born:

June 21, 1986 in Lake Placid, NY

Genre

Alternative/ Indie

ny14

Indie isn't a genre. It's a general label given to all artists rejecting norms in modern times. Just because you read something on the internet doesn't make it true.

Indie isn't a genre. It's a general label given to all artists rejecting norms in modern times. Just because you read something on the internet doesn't make it true.

So Lana Del Rey is lying to you then

because she's the one that set up her iTunes account

bye 

/reply

Ultraviolence wont appeal to everyone. In fact, I'm glad she released something this divisive because hopefully it will turn annoying stans away: people only interested in her aesthetic, 13-year old flower crown wearing gremlins, people that want everything to sound like BTD, etc :creep:

I really do enjoy the album but it's going to take a few months/years for the album to imprint on me like BTD/AKA did. 

Ultraviolence wont appeal to everyone. In fact, I'm glad she released something this divisive because hopefully it will turn annoying stans away: people only interested in her aesthetic, 13-year old flower crown wearing gremlins, people that want everything to sound like BTD, etc :creep:

I really do enjoy the album but it's going to take a few months/years for the album to imprint on me like BTD/AKA did. 

http://fotpforums.com/topic/84399-the-delusion-has-never-been-more-real/

It's like I predict the future fall1

Her album is having impressive sales and has had a positive reception, why do you keep trying to argue that?

Impressive?

Born to Die sold more in it's first week

140k sales is not impressive, didn't Britney Jean have about the same? ny12

It's great that it had positive reception, but it's a crap album, so it didn't deserve it

Lana deserves positive reception, but the album doesn't.

Impressive?

Born to Die sold more in it's first week

140k sales is not impressive, didn't Britney Jean have about the same? ny12

It's great that it had positive reception, but it's a crap album, so it didn't deserve it

Lana deserves positive reception, but the album doesn't.

watduck

Most her stan "bops" or "ballads;" with these two, either the music is very lively or the vocals are of virtuoso. Lana has neither of these.

However, what she does have is a great understanding of her small but versatile voice, offering harmonies that are so tight and aligned with the music that it becomes hypnotic. The "West Coast" time signature changes boasts heavy harmonies.

This album feels more visceral. She is no longer trying to force her voice or herself into the lyrics. She seems relaxed being this dark over a new sound scape

Bop and Ballad fans (mainly those who listen to these two exclusively) will find this album boring.

Most her stan "bops" or "ballads;" with these two, either the music is very lively or the vocals are of virtuoso. Lana has neither of these.

However, what she does have is a great understanding of her small but versatile voice, offering harmonies that are so tight and aligned with the music that it becomes hypnotic. The "West Coast" time signature changes boasts heavy harmonies.

This album feels more visceral. She is no longer trying to force her voice or herself into the lyrics. She seems relaxed being this dark over a new sound scape

Bop and Ballad fans (mainly those who listen to these two exclusively) will find this album boring.

she sounds drunk

west coast and brooklyn slayme are masterpieces

everything else makes me wanna commit

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.