Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

garrettgivre

Kesha | Rainbow | August 11th, 2017

I've never been a Kesha fan, but I've enjoyed some of her past bops. This album is much better than her previous work. I like most of the songs, especially the slow ones. It's wonderful to see her putting out an album that shares such a painful story. clap3

On 8/10/2017 at 1:12 AM, calethewhalee said:

Just realized I'm in Japan right now and I can buy the actual physical Japanese edition of Warrior antm1cry0 

BITCH GET ME ONE fall2 

Also the Japanese edition of Rainbow if you're gonna be there that long fall2 

I played Rainbow all the way through on my supermarkets speakers today. I had TWO co-workers come and tell me they bought the album on their break! 

Did anyone else find it funny that in Rainbow, she sings about how she used to dress in black but now she's let color in, and then in the very next song (Hunt You Down) she says "I wanna be your baby, your angel all in black" 

13 minutes ago, Onika said:

Did anyone else find it funny that in Rainbow, she sings about how she used to dress in black but now she's let color in, and then in the very next song (Hunt You Down) she says "I wanna be your baby, your angel all in black" 

Yeah. I was thinking that fall8

And how Woman and Hunt You down are kind of paradoxical fall8

'I don't need a man holding me to tight, but I'm gonna low-key stalk my man, holding him really tight emotionally and endorsing the fact that I'm obsessed with him' fall8

1 hour ago, Rosé said:

Yeah. I was thinking that fall8

And how Woman and Hunt You down are kind of paradoxical fall8

'I don't need a man holding me to tight, but I'm gonna low-key stalk my man, holding him really tight emotionally and endorsing the fact that I'm obsessed with him' fall8

To be fair, Hunt You Down isn't meant to be taken seriously. It's a tongue in cheek response to outlaw country made by dudes. I love how it starts by describing stereotypical patriarchal "little lady" crap then takes a turn into "I'll fucking murder you" land, all while she sings like a sweet angel. This album has plenty of serious, heartfelt moments, but it wouldn't be Kesha without her usually sly, often absurdist humor. 

26 minutes ago, Kokoro said:

To be fair, Hunt You Down isn't meant to be taken seriously. It's a tongue in cheek response to outlaw country made by dudes. I love how it starts by describing stereotypical patriarchal "little lady" crap then takes a turn into "I'll fucking murder you" land, all while she sings like a sweet angel. This album has plenty of serious, heartfelt moments, but it wouldn't be Kesha without her usually sly, often absurdist humor. 

It's actually about a guy who's claiming that he's ready for a serious relationship after 'having his fun', but how Kesha is still suspicious that he isn't 'done having his fun'. Fun probably being sex with multiple people in sort spans of time and partying. I don't see the correlation you're drawing.

21 minutes ago, Rosé said:

It's actually about a guy who's claiming that he's ready for a serious relationship after 'having his fun', but how Kesha is still suspicious that he isn't 'done having his fun'. Fun probably being sex with multiple people in sort spans of time and partying. I don't see the correlation you're drawing.

It's a tongue in cheek homage to June Carter et al.  No need to take it seriously.  

1 hour ago, Rosé said:

She wrote it after listening to a lot of outlaw country (a male dominated genre for sure) and hearing one song where the guy was signing about taking a gun and shooting his cheating girl. It's a response to that.

5 hours ago, Onika said:

BITCH GET ME ONE fall2 

Also the Japanese edition of Rainbow if you're gonna be there that long fall2 

Oops I meant rainbow fall1 hahaha. Idk if they would even have warrior still. When is it released in Japan? I'm here until October antm1

Just now, calethewhalee said:

Oops I meant rainbow fall1 hahaha. Idk if they would even have warrior still. When is it released in Japan? I'm here until October antm1

If you want the two disc version (Warrior deluxe + 3 DY remixes + Deconstructed) you'd want to get it from Amazon, because as far as I know it's been discontinued. If you want the version without Deconstructed, then I think it's the most common version over there. So it's likely in stores.

Kesha wrote Bastards and Rainbow by herself.

She obviously didn't write Old Flames, as it's a cover, but she also didn't write Godzilla either!

So Kesha saying she wrote every song on the record on GMA was incorrect. 

If we don't count covers and unreleased material then Godzilla has stopped her streak of writing all of her own songs. She even wrote on True Colors! Kesha got the credit for changing the lyrics slightly to be more specific for her situation.

TBH, I'm pretty bummed she didn't write Godzilla.

16 hours ago, calethewhalee said:

Oh mess dead2 comes out on Wednesday there! Although I can just order it from cdjapan, probably makes more sense that way dead2 that's so cool though! What made you decide to go there?

13 hours ago, Rosé said:

Kesha wrote Bastards and Rainbow by herself.

She obviously didn't write Old Flames, as it's a cover, but she also didn't write Godzilla either!

So Kesha saying she wrote every song on the record on GMA was incorrect. 

If we don't count covers and unreleased material then Godzilla has stopped her streak of writing all of her own songs. She even wrote on True Colors! Kesha got the credit for changing the lyrics slightly to be more specific for her situation.

TBH, I'm pretty bummed she didn't write Godzilla.

Eh, I mean it's kind of a nonserious addition to the album and her mom wrote it, so I'm not that upset

How come she hasn't booked many more TV appearances? She's not booked on any late night/day-time shows for at least the next 3-4 weeks

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.