Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

garrettgivre

Kesha | Rainbow | August 11th, 2017

3 hours ago, TomTom2288 said:

they still have to promote the TAOKAM tour somehow.

They could just do a press tour jj3 

I don't get why they aren't... Releasing the same tweet/instagram post over and over to the same audience isn't helping jj4

5 minutes ago, Dan said:

They could just do a press tour jj3 

I don't get why they aren't... Releasing the same tweet/instagram post over and over to the same audience isn't helping jj4

Her injury probably plays a huge role in this. Kesha can't perform rn, she can't do interviews or TV appearances...there is not much they can do which doesn't include her personally.

I'm content for the era to carry on as long as we're getting new songs. I'm pretty satisfied with the batch of recent material.

• Rainbow (album)
  • Rainbow remix singles
  • BBCR1 Session
  • The House of the Rising Sun
  • I Need a Woman to Love
  • This Is Me
  • Good Old Days

That's basically 20 new songs. I'm even happy to throw in True Colors.

1 hour ago, Freaky Prince said:

The single rum was TRAGIC dead2 There were so many single potential song: Boots, Boogie Feet, Let Em Talk... dead2

I love all of these, but let's not be delusional: none of these would do anything. Radio wouldn't touch any of these songs and pop-rock like Boogie Feet or Let 'Em Talk is even more dead than pop music at the moment. Hymn with a good feature could have been a hit since it fits into the laid-back, slightly urban scheme that is in right now. I do prefer all of the songs you mentioned musically though. The development still isn't bad. Kesha is already working on new music and releasing new music as soon as possible is the best option. RCA never expected Rainbow to be as successful as it was, so they treated it accordingly (minimal budget, little promotion, etc.). (Hopefully) drawing lessons from this and serving a properly managed era as soon as possible is by far the better option than keeping Rainbow going until anything sticks (Kesha probably also wants her six-album contract to be fulfilled as soon as possible, so long-lasting eras are certainly not in her interest). Rainbow fulfilled it's purpose - letting everybody know she is back and cementing her transformation into an acclaimed, respect artist. It became her second #1 album and outlasted Cannibal and Warrior on the BB200. That's enough and more than anyone expected. Now focus on new things and keep the momentum going.

36 minutes ago, Kesha said:

How far is Rainbow from being platinum? Is it realistic?

No, unfortunately. It sold 600k SPS overall (close to 200k pure sales). If Woman would have been a hit, it could have pushed Rainbow to Platinum.

Just now, Chris Morlock said:

can we just talk about the fact that This is Me is Kesha's 4th most popular song on spotify cry6 

It's actually her 10th most popular track on Spotify. You can see the number of streams when you visit her profile. Don't know why this list says otherwise brit15

Just now, TomTom2288 said:

It's actually her 10th most popular track on Spotify. You can see the number of streams when you visit her profile. Don't know why this list says otherwise brit15

probably means current most popular jj2 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.