Americunt

The Unreleased Spotlight

i8UofQ4.png

https://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_n9ed5wT2Tk1r85nd8o1.mp3

Put The Radio On is one of the early leaks that really seems to fall through the cracks, just because people aren't made aware of its existence. This track was produced by Biff Stannard and Ash Howes, who both seem to fall into the one-time-collaborator category along with many other producers of 2009-2011 tracks. The song itself was recorded in 2010, though it sounds like it could've easily been a 2011 song, as it's midtempo and follows the precedent set forth by songs like Dum Dum and Never Let Me Go, of semi-acoustic stripped pop songs. This song is kind of a lyrical mish-mash, making lots of slick metaphors and wordplay, but the overall message is rather mediocre in comparison. Nevertheless, this song deserves more appreciation.

Thanks to this I'm actually getting around to listening to the other unreleased songs, I've been stuck on listening to Angels Forever Forever Angels, Serial Killer and Hit and Run for ages now dead2

Thanks to this I'm actually getting around to listening to the other unreleased songs, I've been stuck on listening to Angels Forever Forever Angels, Serial Killer and Hit and Run for ages now dead2

I listened to AF,FA for the first time today and omg I haven't stopped listening ny3

Glad to hear it! I started this thread hoping that I would be able to get people to spread the love around Lana's 200+ unreleased songs more equally, so it's quite gratifying to see that starting to take effect.

EYLinq8.png

https://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_n9htdov7sU1r85nd8o1.mp3

Today, we have a track that I feel like I should know a lot about, yet don't: In The Sun. This is a very recent leak, in the grand scheme of things, having been posted publicly less than six months ago. There is next to nothing known about this track. We have no idea who produced it, who wrote it (other than Lana) or even the exact year it's from (though we think it's either 2010 or 2011). The instrumental is very loud on the track and it eclipses the vocals at several points, making the lyrics difficult to pin down. It's unknown who this song is directed towards, but it seems to reference Facebook in one line ("Now you're posting pictures on your wall"). For anyone who doesn't know, this song was considered among the most widely desired songs by a majority of the fanbase. I got it like a week before it leaked and I thought it was the biggest letdown. A decent pop track, but not worth the hype.

2fXs8ih.png

https://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_n9htfyTpP81r85nd8o1.mp3

To round us out for Day 13, we'll be talking about Driving In Cars With Boys. There are two versions of this song, but we'll be discussing the clearly superior (and faster) pop version today. This song was written in 2010 with The Nexus production team, who also worked on Prom Song (Gone Wrong), National Anthem and She's Not Me. Many people assume that this song was intended for an earlier version of the album that eventually became Born To Die, which is likely a fair assumption, as most of these songs seem to have been considered for Born To Die in some capacity, either on the album sampler or as demos for later songs. This song is one of my lyrical favorites, because the verses are just textbook Lana, full of beauty queens and blue makeup. A really well-written addition to her discography, in my opinion.

k3u8PUL.png

https://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_n9m2fqw6X51r85nd8o1.mp3

Back To Tha Basics is the track of the day and often a fairly underrated track. This song was written and recorded in 2011 and leaked towards the end of 2012 during the tenure of two leak blogs: "The Hoarded Whores" and "Highinthemind". The producer of this song remains completely unknown, which is a shame in my opinion, because the simple bouncy little piano the comprises the majority of the instrumental really makes this song shine. Lyrically, this song describes the kind of messed up relationships Lana loves so much. Her nameless, drug-addicted rock star lover apparently didn't treat her right after he made it big and this song seems to have been written as a way for him to take a reality check. Considering Lana's crazy obsession with Jimmy Gnecco and his underground success, this song may be about him, but as there's never been any confirmation that the two were involved in a physical relationship, it may have been written as fiction. We may never know the truth about this song's origins, but it's still a beautiful song.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.