jimcrawey

Why was Telephone never performed live with B?

They both had established careers and tours that were on different schedules. Logistically speaking, it just wasn't feasible. There's also the fact that Gaga doesn't like Telephone at all and only grudgingly performed it because it became a hit.

Because gaga would be doing her "paws up monsters lets dance!" choreo and bey would be doing some classy sassy dancing it would be a mess

I thought about that... ny2.gif' alt='ny4'>

Sort of how the song turns 'black' during B's part. dead2 I've always thought B's part of the song was oddly disportional...

They both had established careers and tours that were on different schedules. Logistically speaking, it just wasn't feasible. There's also the fact that Gaga doesn't like Telephone at all and only grudgingly performed it because it became a hit.

Why has she always shaded it?

Why has she always shaded it?

She wrote it for Britney, who ended up recording it for Circus, but it didn't make the final cut. She's often said that she feels no connection to it as a song, since it was written for someone else.

She wrote it for Britney, who ended up recording it for Circus, but it didn't make the final cut. She's often said that she feels no connection to it as a song, since it was written for someone else.

That's kind of a stupid reason though.

That's kind of a stupid reason though.

Not really. If you're writing a song for someone else and they end up not liking it, you'd feel bad about it, right? Then to be forced to release that song as your own, when it represents a failure in your professional career? It's pretty understandable why she doesn't like it.

Not really. If you're writing a song for someone else and they end up not liking it, you'd feel bad about it, right? Then to be forced to release that song as your own, when it represents a failure in your professional career? It's pretty understandable why she doesn't like it.

If she hated it that much, why did she record? then release it as a single and music video?

I think overtime she just hated the song for some reason. I remember seeing a video with her in the studio recording part of it and she was dancing as if she LOVED the song.

So why waste time doing something you don't like

If she hated it that much, why did she record? then release it as a single and music video?

I think overtime she just hated the song for some reason. I remember seeing a video with her in the studio recording part of it and she was dancing as if she LOVED the song.

So why waste time doing something you don't like

She was forced to put it on the record by someone at the label, as I recall, since they thought it was single material. She may have grown to enjoy it while shooting the video, but she was definitely not a fan of it early on.

I've always wondered about this. Interestingly Telephone didn't even had any major memorable televised performances like her other TFM singles. During the TFM medley on the Oprah Winfrey show Gaga snubbed Telephone for Monster and at the Brit Awards she performed DITD instead despite neither of them being singles :laughcry: She really doesn't like this song fall1

Probably because the fact that THE SONG HAS NO MEANING LIKE WHAT THE FUCK IS THE SONG ACTUALLY ABOUT?

DANCING? NOT WANTING TO TALK ON THE PHONE? um2

she probably just feels no connection to it lj1

Probably because the fact that THE SONG HAS NO MEANING LIKE WHAT THE FUCK IS THE SONG ACTUALLY ABOUT?

DANCING? NOT WANTING TO TALK ON THE PHONE? um2

she probably just feels no connection to it lj1

I think it's supposed to be about making your significant other jealous after a fight, but the metaphor is a mess.