Disco Stick

Old Money / A Time for Us :interesting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YYTrM_4XUI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FHpmn-KYec

:interesting:

Not sure if this was posted before, but thought it was interesting

Lana's song is 1000 x better than A Time For Us, but I wonder if she got the inspiration from it :interesting:

Really only the verses are similar, after that its very different

Technically, Old Money samples it, but there's an interesting story behind it.

Old Money was first conceived of when Lana wrote a song called Methamphetamines, in 2006. We only have a low fidelity laptop recording of that song, but its melody was nearly identical to that of Old Money. Lana continued to rework this song over the years and eventually, it evolved into what we now know as Old Money. When Lana played it for her label, they made the connection with the Romeo and Juliet score and asked her about it. Lana actually had no idea that she'd cribbed the melody at first and was mortified, but the label liked the song enough to see if it could be salvaged. They secured the rights to Nino Rota's Romeo and Juliet score and credited him as one of Old Money's composers.

Old Money was first conceived of when Lana wrote a song called Methamphetamines, in 2006. We only have a low fidelity laptop recording of that song, but its melody was nearly identical to that of Old Money. Lana continued to rework this song over the years and eventually, it evolved into what we now know as Old Money. When Lana played it for her label, they made the connection with the Romeo and Juliet score and asked her about it. Lana actually had no idea that she'd cribbed the melody at first and was mortified, but the label liked the song enough to see if it could be salvaged. They secured the rights to Nino Rota's Romeo and Juliet score and credited him as one of Old Money's composers.

So it was an accidental sample? um2

i love the way you know so much about Lana  kylie1

By far the best Lana stan we have here.

We should have like a whole "election" on this forum proving who is the best stan for each of our faves. And I dunno, they get an emblem for something, I guess mad5

yeah we should! idk how he stans her so hard i mean she only has three studio albums like  um3 i think cuz she's a shady bitch thats why he finds her so interesting  mad1

By far the best Lana stan we have here.

We should have like a whole "election" on this forum proving who is the best stan for each of our faves. And I dunno, they get an emblem for something, I guess mad5

We have two forum awards shows for members every year. There's the FOTP Awards for the famous and the FOTP Razzies for the infamous. I think they're at the end of each year. moo1

We have two forum awards shows for members every year. There's the FOTP Awards for the famous and the FOTP Razzies for the infamous. I think they're at the end of each year. moo1

Is that it?

Like, how many are generally awarded? :interesting:

Is that it?

Like, how many are generally awarded? :interesting:

We have some other awards shows at various times. There's the FOTPMAs, which award various artists and stanbases based on their releases in the previous year.

It's normally about 20-30 awards. Many members have won multiple awards in the past, so it can be as few as 10 or 15 people awarded in the year. The Razzies tend to be a smaller affair, with about 15 awards given to 5-7 members.

We have some other awards shows at various times. There's the FOTPMAs, which award various artists and stanbases based on their releases in the previous year.

It's normally about 20-30 awards. Many members have won multiple awards in the past, so it can be as few as 10 or 15 people awarded in the year. The Razzies tend to be a smaller affair, with about 15 awards given to 5-7 members.

And WE vote, right?

And we vote, right?

Yep. Nominations take place about a month and a half before the ceremony. They last about three weeks and the results of them are tabulated to make the final ballot. The voting period also lasts around three weeks, up until the day of the ceremony. In past years, we've had members make videos to present the awards.

Yep. Nominations take place about a month and a half before the ceremony. They last about three weeks and the results of them are tabulated to make the final ballot. The voting period also lasts around three weeks, up until the day of the ceremony. In past years, we've had members make videos to present the awards.

That sounds really intriguing.

I promise I won't die off by the end of the year  mad4  

How do you know these stuff?? :worship: :worship:

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.