King X

Meghan Trainor Takes Performance Lessons From Professor Bey

meghan-trainor.jpg?w=300&h=200&crop=1

Meghan Trainor is bringing booty back at a rate we haven’t seen since 2001 when Destiny’s Child insinuated the world was not ready for this jelly. So it was only fitting that when the 20-year-old got on the phone with Radio.com earlier this week she was on her way to a dance rehearsal where she planned to channel Beyoncé‘s bootylicious moves.

[b[“Oh, I watch Beyoncé videos every day with my friend at home,” Trainor told Radio.com over the phone from Los Angeles. “That’s the one performer I study a lot. I’m not saying I am her though, she’s perfection.”

The Nantucket, Mass. native who now calls Nashville home is getting ready for a daytime appearance on Live with Kelly and Michael, which is set to happen in the next few weeks. Her excitement over her TV debut has translated into her spending as much time as possible rehearsing. “They got me dancing,” she said. “I’ve never danced before. So it’s like, ‘Oh man, I’ve gotta learn to be Beyoncé for a second.'”

Trainor is in high demand since her body-acceptance anthem “All About That Bass” took the internet by storm earlier this month, thanks in large part to its pastel painted video featuring women and one man — Sione Kelepi, better known as Vine star SioneMaraschino — with all the right junk in all the right places getting their groove on. The track has since crashed onto the chart, earning the No. 54 slot on the August 2 Billboard Hot 100, an impressive 30-spot jump since it debuted at No. 84 just a week ago.

http://radio.com/2014/07/31/meghan-trainor-interview-all-about-that-bass-new-music-to-know/