Hunty Bear

20 Day Lana Del Rey Section Challenge | Day 19

abOjqnF.png

WELCOME TO THE 20-DAY LANA DEL REY SECTION CHALLENGE!

@Americunt and I are hosting a stan challenge for the Lana Del Rey section, because we've simply been waiting too damn long for this section to watch it flop fall3

On a daily basis, we will be posting a new topic all related to Lana Del Rey, and you guys will be given an opportunity to post your responses/answers/opinions on them (I.e. DAY 1: Best hair color moo1).

You will be given 24 hours to answer each topic (if we're on top of everything moo1).

We really do hope to see you participate and give this thread some activity fall7!

THE STAN CHALLENGE STARTS TODAY!

gFZI7Jw.png

DAY 1: FAVORITE LANA SONG

DAY 2: FAVORITE LANA ALBUM

DAY 3: FAVORITE PROFESSIONAL MUSIC VIDEO

DAY 4: FAVORITE HOMEMADE MUSIC VIDEO

DAY 5: FAVORITE LANA PHOTOSHOOT

DAY 6: FAVORITE SONG FROM LANA DEL RAY (AKA LIZZY GRANT)

DAY 7: FAVORITE SONG FROM BORN TO DIE

DAY 8: FAVORITE SONG FROM PARADISE

DAY 9: FAVORITE SONG FROM ULTRAVIOLENCE

DAY 10: FAVORITE HOME-PRODUCED UNRELEASED SONG

DAY 11: FAVORITE STUDIO-PRODUCED UNRELEASED SONG

DAY 12: FAVORITE DEMO OF A RELEASED SONG

DAY 13: FAVORITE REMIX

DAY 14: FAVORITE COVER SONG

DAY 15: FAVORITE LANA PRODUCER

DAY 16: FAVORITE LANA LOOK

DAY 17: FAVORITE LIVE PERFORMANCE

DAY 18: FAVORITE LANA ERA

DAY 19: SONG THAT MADE YOU A FAN

WApaeMH.jpg

Post your favorite Lana song! You can post the name, the video, or even the lyrics of the song, as well as your reasoning. You have until TOMORROW to answer.

@Nino @dave @ @Gabe. @martian @ @King X @LastGoodbye @Goldie @F.U.C.K Amy @ @Gilly @(o)_(o) @Living Dead Boy @tommyoncé @ @Merryem @ @Kills @ @ @NoShade @Lana Del Rey @marto12345 @MichaelS24895 @ @ @ @Tonic @Number Nine @imahunter @Unicorn @Khems @ @Timcampy @s3x Symbol @Venus XCX ( lj1) @Red Baron @BJORK @Disco Stick @ @Warrior @Brandon @Pandora @xtinaslays @ @Electric @Ratchet @loveintothesupernatural @KatnissLawrence @ @Sakkemix

If you would not like to be tagged in the future, let me know maisy

Consistently, I think it's Off To The Races. Truly a song I never tire of. Other songs come and go with the weather, but that one remains just the same as the day I first heard it in 2012. Absolutely gorgeous.

I'm particularly struck by this bit towards the end of the bridge:

You're lying with your gold chain on,
Cigar hanging from your lips,
I said "Hon, you never looked so beautiful,
As you do now, my man",

That's always conveyed the perfect blend of opulence, luxury and dark undertones to me.

West Coast. It's a song that grew on me a lot. I'll stan this song till the day I die. It was weird at first that I hated it, it was different that of what I've heard from BTD.

You should all listen to the Alternative Version of the song (Radio Mix). It«s just so good.

I can see my baby swingin'
His Parliament's on fire and his hands are up
On the balcony and I'm singing
Ooh, baby, ooh, baby, I'm in love

My favorite Lana song is still Bel Air. It's one of the few songs I've ever dreamed about and of those few songs it's the only Lana song. cry1cry4.gif' alt='cry3'>.gif' alt='cry2'>

I love the cold winter vibes I get from the song. Certain songs really come across to me visually and Bel Air is one of them. I also see very vivid imagery when I hear it. Whenever I listen it always evokes the colors white and ice blue and it just feels like winter. In a good way cause I love winter. oprah1

The lyrics too are honestly some of my favorites of any Lana song.

Gargoyles standing at the front of your gate.

Trying to tell me to wait,

But I can’t wait to see you.

So I run like I'm mad to heaven's door.

I don't wanna be bad,

I won't cheat you no more.

Roses, Bel Air, take me there,

I've been waiting to meet you.

Palm trees in the light,

I can sleep late at night

Darling, I'm waiting to greet you,

Come to me, baby.

Spotlight, bad baby, you've got a flair

For the violentest kind of love anywhere out there

Mon amour, sweet child of mine,

You're divine.

Didn't anyone ever tell you

It's ok to shine?

Palm trees in the light,

I can sleep late at night.

Come to me, baby.

Don't be afraid of me, don't be ashamed.

Walk in the way of my soft resurrection.

Idol of roses, iconic soul. I know your name.

Lead me to war with your brilliant direction.

Palm trees in the light,

I can sleep late at night.

Come to me, baby.

Grenadine, sunshine,

Can you break this heart of mine?

Come to me, baby.

I honestly feel it's one of the best songs Lana has ever written. The verses are absolutely stunning. The chorus is fucking gorgeous. I especially love the lyric change in the final chorus. ny3ny10cry0cry4.gif' alt='cry3'>

The laughter/voices of the children at the end really adds to the song imo as well. antm1

The song just sounds so ethereal and really takes me to another place. I always feel like I'm floating on a cloud. ny10

I'm still disappointed with the segment in Tropico that Bel Air got. I was so excited but really extremely let down and disappointed by what Lana did for it. ny3

But anyway, yeah Bel Air's my favorite Lana song moo1

My favorite Lana song is Summertime Sadness (queue the "overrated" comments moo1). I was obsessed with this song when I was going through a lot of positive change in my life and whenever I listen to it I am reminded of that moment in my life. ny3 On top of that, I think its beautifully written and produced and her voice on this song is amazing and soothing. cry7

My favorite lyrics from Summertime Sadness are

Think I'll miss you forever
Like the stars miss the sun in the morning sky
Later's better than never
Even if you're gone I'm gonna drive (drive, drive)

I think I have to say Ride, but This Is What Makes Us Girls is a close second, along with Born to Die. Ride is just so much fun to listen to for whatever mood I'm in, and when I'm driving on the interstate and the sun is setting in front of me and Ride comes on I feel like a free spirit dead7 I think TIWMUG is underrated and it reveals more than you would think about Lana, the demo version slays, and the lyrics are a little harrowing and the juxtaposition between Lana's vices and the consequences are awesome. Born to Die is just so grand and soothing, with great lyrics. I can't decide cry4lana1

lucky ones, but west coast is a close - and by close i mean VERY close - second

every now and then the stars align

boy and girl meet by the great design

could it be

that you and me

are

the lucky ones

everybody told me love was blind

then i saw your face and you blew my mind

finally

you and me

are

the lucky ones

this 

time

My favorite song is Lucky Ones even tho i think it's cliché.

Specially these parts but i love them fall1

I got so scared, I thought no one could save me
You came along scooped me up like a baby

Everybody told me love was blind
Then I saw your face and you blew my mind
Finally, you and me are the lucky ones this time

and of course Fucked my way to the top is something that i can identify with cuz i fucked up too many things in my life but I still think im the best  moo1

aU9aDUT.png

VELVET CROWBAR

Life is a velvet crowbar
Hitting you over the head
You're bleeding but you want more
This is so like you I said
Put yourself on back to bed

You wanna touch life so hard
Why can't you give it a rest?
You're not that bright for a star
Burned yourself out nothing left

You're like crack to me I don't want to leave

This song describes my situation rn.. I don't think I have to say anything else.. the lyrics are pretty clear.. lmao

The song that made me fall in love with Lana's music after hearing Video Games was Yayo, I still remember listening to Yayo on Lana's original youtube and I was in love with it, after that I clicked Carmen and I was sold that imma have to stan fo diss bitch antm1

Also West Coast has really become a classic for me and I'll also add Last Girl into the miix

So hard to pick an ultimate favorite fall1

It was really difficult to choose between West Coast and Video Games but in the end I went with Video Games.

What strikes me the most with Video Games is the sombre piano that feels like a pendulum swinging from side to side as Lana's voice perfects the gloomy but somehow relaxing atmosphere the song has, it has no urgency to it, it's just "Hey, let's chill right here, there's no rush" and I really like that because I tend to be a pretty relaxed person myself. And even though it has dark undertones, it still feels like a sweet love song and I love love songs. moo1

The absolute best part of the song is the chorus, hands down. I tell you all the time, Heaven is a place on Earth with you, tell me all the things you wanna do still manages to give me chills every single time.

It's also the second song I listened to from her properly (The first being Body Electric), and I listened to it for several days on repeat before I stopped because I didn't want to become bored of it.

I like 4

Ride

tumblr_mr8mlx10Tm1sdibr4o1_500.gif

firstly her monologues just killed it! before listening to the song I need to hear her speaking voice. her speaking voice is really inviting it drags you in, it also breaks me down. the feels!

When the people I used to know found out what I had been doing, how I had
been living- they asked me why. But there’s no use in talking to people who
have a home, they have no idea what its like to seek safety in other
people, for home to be wherever you lie your head. 

the tea ny10 

Every night I used to pray that I’d find my people- and finally I did- on

the open road. We have nothing to lose, nothing to gain, nothing we desired
anymore- except to make our lives into a work of art.

slightly referencing Kurt Cobain  cry5

I just love the tone, it makes me feel very vulnerable it feels like I'm exposed to all sorts of things.

the lyrics are just as good 

Been trying hard not to get into trouble but I
I’ve got a war in my mind

I’m tired of feeling like I’m f*cking crazy
I’m tired of driving ‘til I see stars in my eyes

cry5 

the art: everything is cinematic, her being fucked while playing pinball just breaks my heart,

activechildlana-640x372.png

her performing in diff theaters, smoking in a gasoline station, dancing and laughing to various strangers

the texture in each scene, the realistic point  of views of what life really is.

and this

tumblr_mbs8gaWi4G1qio57xo1_500.png

She is a singer not a very popular one.  ny10

cry4.gif' alt='cry3'>  cry4  cry5  cry8

------------------------------------------

Video Games  cry0

National Anthem cause its my Jam  ny9

Brooklyn Baby loved dat chorus and her oohs and aahs at the near end! demi1

Million Dollar Man   cry0

For me, believe it or not, it's Shades Of Cool.

I absolutely love the vibes I get from this song. The song sounds so mellow and sweet, yet it has such a sinister undertone, and I just adore that juxtaposition.

The James Bond trad-pop vibes kill me, by the way. It's basically the Bond theme that never was.  fall7 

And then we get to the chorus, and I can say, it is definitely the most beautiful chorus Lana has ever made for a song. Like, damn. 

Only a few songs really come off to me so visually like this one. I feel that crisp, cinematic feeling from this song that I got from Born To Die, but there's a bit more grace and sophistication going on, and that's definitely a step forward for her. 

And may I say, the video is perfect cry1

My baby lives in shades of cool
Blue heart and hands and aptitude
He lives for love, for women, too
I'm one of many bonnies blue

And when he calls
He calls for me and not for you
He prays for love, he prays for peace
And maybe someone new

But I can't help him, can't make him better
And I can't do nothing about his strange weather

Only Lana knows how to romanticize neglect moo1

But just, overall, Shades Of Cool is my favorite Lana song. It's basically magic from start to finish.

West Coast is an extremely close second, and National Anthem is easily my third favorite Lana song, though.

ywxKfuZ.png

Discuss your favorite Lana album!

You will be given 24 hours to answer, so please post quickly moo1

@Nino @dave @ @Gabe. @martian @ @King X @LastGoodbye @Goldie @F.U.C.K Amy @ @Gilly @(o)_(o) @Living Dead Boy @tommyoncé @ @Merryem @ @Kills @ @ @NoShade @Lana Del Rey @marto12345 @MichaelS24895 @ @ @ @Tonic @Number Nine @imahunter @Unicorn @Khems @ @Timcampy @s3x Symbol @Venus XCX @Red Baron @BJORK @Disco Stick @ @Warrior @Brandon @Pandora @xtinaslays @ @Electric @Ratchet @loveintothesupernatural @KatnissLawrence @ @Sakkemix

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.